1. #26
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by idiotboy
    That happens a lot. He spins so fast even he doesn't know what he is saying
    Which really means you lack the ability to keep up.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  2. #27
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    Encouragement is not a luxury. It is something you get or don't get. You either pick yourself up or move on. Dr. Hawking - sinc ehe was your example - was told all along that he would not be successful. Guess he was not getting that 'luxury." Everyone is capable of that internal "luxury" it is a matter of whether you choose to do it or not. Hence it is a personal choice. You can either let yourself be beat down, or push yourself to succeed. Your choice.
    Hawking was the example used by idiotboy. Read the posts again.

    Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    And no one here, except you, implied that everyone had the same starting point.
    The story that started this thread implies that as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    Again, what starting point in the story? There isn't one. One is a small child, and one is an adult. Both make choices or have made choices. I am sure that most homeless people were not born that way, it was a choice (to an extent) that they made, and/or continue to make.
    I dealt with enough homeless people to know that you never know what caused them to be in that situation.

    Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    I do understand your point, I am just saying that you can either pick yourself up or stay down. Your choice.
    Not really. I've shown several examples where folks have their lives thrust upon them.

    Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    Thank you for proving my point. He made a choice. Imagine that. Such a novel concept.

    And HIV infected people are not "victims", they are infected with a virus.
    Except my example was someone who contracted HIV back before there was adequate screening of the blood supply. He's not gay. Though I'm sure that's what you immediately thought. I guess he chose that according to you.

    Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    You find a pair of boots. And start walking. (Hopefully I do not need to explain that one to you.)
    That assumes there's a pair lying around. Unless you steal them.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  3. #28
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    I dealt with enough homeless people to know that you never know what caused them to be in that situation.
    But no one should be homeless, they are homeless by choice. Just got to your local DSS and they will put you up in a hotel. Single people get sent to a mission, and when they hear they they decline the assistance.

    Not really. I've shown several examples where folks have their lives thrust upon them.
    Yes, I have shown one as well, MINE!!!!

    Except my example was someone who contracted HIV back before there was adequate screening of the blood supply. He's not gay. Though I'm sure that's what you immediately thought. I guess he chose that according to you.
    Anecdotal

  4. #29
    Forum Member
    DaSharkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    4,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Hawking was the example used by idiotboy. Read the posts again.
    Man, what the hell is with you being incapable of posting without insulting or demeaning someone?

    So he did. I have no problem admitting my errors - unlike you.

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    The story that started this thread implies that as well.
    Show me where? It shows a girl asking a question, says nothing about where someone starts. Admit it.

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    I dealt with enough homeless people to know that you never know what caused them to be in that situation.
    I deal with enough homeless folks on a daily basis to know that I have seen people pull themselves up, to push themselves forward. Regardless of what led them there. Dealt with and deal with are two different stages in life - one is past tense, and on is ongoing.

    And it does not matter what got them there, or what gets them there. It is what they choose to do when they get there. Perhaps you ignore the homeless Harvard student who graduated last year - spent most of his college life being homeless, while attending one of the most liberal colleges in the world, with the largest endowment of any school in the world.

    People choose to move forward, or to remain in the status quo. Their choice. How many times do I have to explain this to you before it actually sinks into your brain. I do not think I can make it any simpler, but I just might have to come up with a way to do it.

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Not really. I've shown several examples where folks have their lives thrust upon them.
    And I have shown several examples of where those with those events thrust upon them refused to listen to naysayers like you and overcame the very adversity that you point out. You seem to rather have them become unproductive members of society, and I say they have the opportunity to do anything that they are both physically and mentally capable of - regardless of what has been thrust upon them, where they were born, how they were raised, or what some person would tell them they cannot do.

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Except my example was someone who contracted HIV back before there was adequate screening of the blood supply. He's not gay. Though I'm sure that's what you immediately thought. I guess he chose that according to you.
    I know people who contracted HIV from medical procedures, I know people who contracted it while practicing medicine, I know people who contracted it from having sex with infected individuals. Considering that in the United States there is still a 1 in 300,000 risk of contracting HIV from our blood supply - even though we test every person who donates blood, and every unit of blood we collect in this nation. Don't forget that the largest groups of people with a growing HIV infection are those under the age of 25, gay men, and the elderly population (the latter for a variety of reasons.)

    As usual, you assume that I thought the guy was gay. I did not, you likely won't believe me, but that is fine - you ought to be used to being wrong and not admitting it by now.

    HAART regimens for HIV have come a long way from when we both witnessed HIV and AIDS arise in the early to mid 1980s from a 20 pill regimen a day to a single pill daily regimen that is well-tolerated. Thankfully we have turned HIV and AIDS into a relatively chronic disease, from the ravage that it initially was.

    People with HIV are still not victims. Your example chose to move forward. He contracted a disease, sadly enough. But he, by your own statement, chose to move forward, as hard as it was, as much adversity as was placed in his way, he chose to not let it keep him down. I guess you would rather that he did so.

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    That assumes there's a pair lying around. Unless you steal them.
    Or you find a way to acquire a pair without breaking the law. Perhaps he might even be able to find a used pair or ask someone for help. Instead, you would rather have them just roll over and wallow in self pity.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

    The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

    "No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

    "As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

    www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

  5. #30
    Forum Member
    DaSharkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    4,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Which really means you lack the ability to keep up.
    Or that you did not speak clearly. You evidently did not read the post, because it does not make any sense, and cannot be linked to any post made.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

    The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

    "No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

    "As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

    www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

  6. #31
    Forum Member
    DaSharkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    4,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    Actually, Doctor Hawking was my example.
    Understood. Amazing when one can admit they are wrong without having to be hounded and pointed out numerous times isn't it scfire?

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    Once again, I actually stated that "all men are created equal", after all, let's give credit where credit is do. And I stand by that statement.
    Actually, great men more than 200 years ago said that, and now everyone needs a handout from the government right scfire?

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    I am reminded here of an excellent saying - Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach the man to fish and feed him for life.
    Now now, no using common sense, even if it is true. No use of the Bible to battle with a Liberal. They don't like it.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    That is another thing I don't understand. If I go to the local DSS office and say I have no place to sleep and no food, they have to put me in a shelter and give me food. I'm inclined to believe that those who are homeless and living in the streets choose that lifestyle instead of taking the governments help.
    Come on, scfire would rather a person just roll over and milk the federal, state, and local governments instead of bettering themselves, moving forward, and making something of themselves - regardless of what life throws at them - short of being a vegetable.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

    The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

    "No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

    "As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

    www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

  7. #32
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    Understood. Amazing when one can admit they are wrong without having to be hounded and pointed out numerous times isn't it scfire?



    Actually, great men more than 200 years ago said that, and now everyone needs a handout from the government right scfire?



    Now now, no using common sense, even if it is true. No use of the Bible to battle with a Liberal. They don't like it.



    Come on, scfire would rather a person just roll over and milk the federal, state, and local governments instead of bettering themselves, moving forward, and making something of themselves - regardless of what life throws at them - short of being a vegetable.
    Is there a reason you responded to idiotboy while asking me questions?

    I've never said anyone should roll over and milk the state in perpetuity. I believe there should be safety nets, not hammocks. You're the one who claims that I believe people should milk the state. My point is not everyone starts at the same place. Which is what this story assumes.

    If you don't understand that, you're not much brighter than idiotboy.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  8. #33
    Forum Member
    gamewell35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Is there a reason you responded to idiotboy while asking me questions?

    If you don't understand that, you're not much brighter than idiotboy.
    He has a bad habit of doing that; furthermore I believe his true motives are not of having rational discussion.
    "Did you check under the bed?" -- Judge Crater, 1930

  9. #34
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    The fact is, it all comes down to one thing. Do you want your government to provide for you and tell you what to do. The more government gets into your life the less freedom you have. If you desire socialism or communism then go where they have it, America became the worlds greatest nation because of our capitalistic views and our free society. There is no way anyone with at least half a brain can argue otherwise.

  10. #35
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gamewell35 View Post
    He has a bad habit of doing that; furthermore I believe his true motives are not of having rational discussion.
    If you are referring to Dasharkie he has put forth some very compelling arguments, facts, and logic. And all you get form SC is some adolescent one liner, the second liberal, nozzlehead, usually offers up something incoherent, and the third liberal, (that is you) is rarely heard from. Of the three, you seem to offer up the best arguments but are rarely heard.

  11. #36
    Forum Member
    gamewell35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    If you are referring to Dasharkie he has put forth some very compelling arguments, facts, and logic. And all you get form SC is some adolescent one liner, the second liberal, nozzlehead, usually offers up something incoherent, and the third liberal, (that is you) is rarely heard from. Of the three, you seem to offer up the best arguments but are rarely heard.
    Granted he may at times, but i've noticed other times in my opinion, he's meanspirited, condensending or otherwise irrational. Aside from that I'm sure he's a nice guy. But that's really all i want to say on him; this threads not about him but politics defined.
    "Did you check under the bed?" -- Judge Crater, 1930

  12. #37
    Forum Member
    DaSharkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    4,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gamewell35 View Post
    He has a bad habit of doing that; furthermore I believe his true motives are not of having rational discussion.
    Whatever pal. I am not the one who routinely insults people of other opinions, refuses to answer questions when asked of him - while demanding others answer his, and back my arguments up with facts, instead of tripe and nonsense from less than reputable sites, and who knows what else.

    You don't exactly do much better.

    My motives - not that you'll choose to believe me - are to educate others, and break down the nonsense that is spewed forth by those who don't know what they are talking about.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

    The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

    "No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

    "As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

    www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

  13. #38
    Forum Member
    DaSharkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    4,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Is there a reason you responded to idiotboy while asking me questions?
    Yes there is.

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    I've never said anyone should roll over and milk the state in perpetuity. I believe there should be safety nets, not hammocks. You're the one who claims that I believe people should milk the state.
    Until now you never did. Yet people here have been saying that no one should be on it for a very long time, but you never mentioned that until now. Since you never addressed the matter, despite numerous proddings to do so, how am I suposed to pull away anything from that?

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    My point is not everyone starts at the same place.
    And I, and no one else here, ever said they did. We only said that it is up to the individual to choose what they will do with their lives, and offered up numerous examples of people starting from adversity, poverty, and life events and chose to bust their butt and accomplish something.

    Meanwhile, you opted to offer up hypotheticals - while you insult and deride others for doing so. Like I have been saying, you are a hypocrate.

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Which is what this story assumes.
    No it does not. It is what you assume - and I have asked you point out where you get this on several occasions, and you opt to not address the matter.

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    If you don't understand that, you're not much brighter than idiotboy.
    Whatever you say. You are (almost) always right.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

    The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

    "No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

    "As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

    www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

  14. #39
    Forum Member
    DaSharkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    4,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gamewell35 View Post
    Granted he may at times, but i've noticed other times in my opinion, he's meanspirited, condensending or otherwise irrational. Aside from that I'm sure he's a nice guy. But that's really all i want to say on him; this threads not about him but politics defined.
    How am I meanspirited? I do not insult others, do not demean others, do not talk down to anyone, and provide points backed up by facts in my arguments.

    You, Nozzle, and scfire offer up hypotheticals, insults, derision, assumptions, and unsupported points in an argument.

    It is also apparently acceptable for your fellow liberals to insult others, show their meanspiritedness, be condescending, and irrational, but not those with an opposing view to yours. Amazing hypocracy.

    I gave up caring what people really think about me a long time ago. Rest assured that I will lose no sleep over telling anyone what I think, how I feel, or what their reaction to it might be.

    And if the thread is not about me, why did you make your post about me?
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

    The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

    "No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

    "As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

    www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

  15. #40
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    How am I meanspirited? I do not insult others, do not demean others, do not talk down to anyone, and provide points backed up by facts in my arguments.

    You, Nozzle, and scfire offer up hypotheticals, insults, derision, assumptions, and unsupported points in an argument.

    It is also apparently acceptable for your fellow liberals to insult others, show their meanspiritedness, be condescending, and irrational, but not those with an opposing view to yours. Amazing hypocracy.

    I gave up caring what people really think about me a long time ago. Rest assured that I will lose no sleep over telling anyone what I think, how I feel, or what their reaction to it might be.

    And if the thread is not about me, why did you make your post about me?
    You mean you donít use terms like moonbat, idiotboy, pelosi and reid?

  16. #41
    Forum Member
    DaSharkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    4,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    You mean you donít use terms like moonbat, idiotboy, pelosi and reid?
    Nope. Like most ideologues (on both sides of the aisle) when encountered by facts and shown to be wrong, you get insulted.

    Don't you just love the free flow of ideas and "open-mindedness" of some people?
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

    The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

    "No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

    "As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

    www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

  17. #42
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    Don't you just love the free flow of ideas and "open-mindedness" of some people?
    You mean like your claim that I believe people should say "woe is me" and live off the government the rest of their lives despite the fact I never said any such thing.

    The point you keep missing is my claim that people don't have the same starting point in life or the same opportunities. You seem to believe that isn't true.

    Fair enough. It's a free country, you're allowed to have that opinion.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  18. #43
    Forum Member
    DaSharkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    4,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    You mean like your claim that I believe people should say "woe is me" and live off the government the rest of their lives despite the fact I never said any such thing.
    And unlike you, I have dropped that issue once you actually addressed it. You did, after all, leave me no other choice but to come to that conclusion from your posts.

    You said that people could not overcome adversity in their lives and the government needed to step in and take care of them. I said that they did not have to lie down and suck off the tit of government and listed at least a half dozen people I knew personally or know of that did not let the disastrous events in their lives keep them down. Then you went into your hypocritical hypotheticals.

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    The point you keep missing is my claim that people don't have the same starting point in life or the same opportunities. You seem to believe that isn't true.
    Apparently you are incapable of comprehending plain English. I never once said that we all have the same startign points in life. I said we all have the ability to move forward from our starting points and overcome each and every obstacle that others put up in our way.

    I have also never said that it is not true. We are born. Whether we be born dirt poor, poor, eating off a silver spoon, or wallowing in $100 bills. You choose what you will do with your life, regardless of your birth circumstances or what occurs in your life.

    The individual has the most control over what happens in their life and which direction their life will take.

    And I have asked you multiple times to point out where I said what you accuse me of saying, but like most of your arguments you do not substantiate it with facts. I am not really surprised.

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Fair enough. It's a free country, you're allowed to have that opinion.
    I don't need your permission to have my opinion. Free will is a beautiful thing.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

    The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

    "No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

    "As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

    www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

  19. #44
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    You mean like your claim that I believe people should say "woe is me" and live off the government the rest of their lives despite the fact I never said any such thing.

    The point you keep missing is my claim that people don't have the same starting point in life or the same opportunities. You seem to believe that isn't true.

    Fair enough. It's a free country, you're allowed to have that opinion.
    You have never said that explicitly, but it is implied in all of your messages. Will you at least admit that there are generations of lifers living off the government and something has to be done about them. My solution is to do away with food stamps and replace that with a box of food that is picked out for you. Eliminate sending people to hotels, send them to a county owned building where they cook for themselves, pick up after themselves, and have no TV. Reduce payment to people who use the system more than once in a 4 year period. In other words, punish the lifers. Make SSD income non-exempt. And use a graduated system of payments, not a pass fail.

  20. #45
    Forum Member
    ActionGoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New York (RIGHT COAST)
    Posts
    185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    You have never said that explicitly, but it is implied in all of your messages. Will you at least admit that there are generations of lifers living off the government and something has to be done about them. My solution is to do away with food stamps and replace that with a box of food that is picked out for you. Eliminate sending people to hotels, send them to a county owned building where they cook for themselves, pick up after themselves, and have no TV. Reduce payment to people who use the system more than once in a 4 year period. In other words, punish the lifers. Make SSD income non-exempt. And use a graduated system of payments, not a pass fail.
    I'm sure there are people like you describe, but you are doing an incredible job of inflating them to suit your moral crusade. According to the GAO, 98% of benefits went to eligible households, and only 4% were considered to be overpaid (and this number is falling).

  21. #46
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ActionGoose View Post
    I'm sure there are people like you describe, but you are doing an incredible job of inflating them to suit your moral crusade. According to the GAO, 98% of benefits went to eligible households, and only 4% were considered to be overpaid (and this number is falling).
    Don't confuse idiotboy with facts. He wants to believe all those needing handouts are actually living on MTV Cribs.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  22. #47
    Forum Member
    DaSharkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    4,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Don't confuse idiotboy with facts. He wants to believe all those needing handouts are actually living on MTV Cribs.
    Like you make arguments based on facts yourself. I needed a good laugh from a hypocrate this morning.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

    The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

    "No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

    "As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

    www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

  23. #48
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ActionGoose View Post
    I'm sure there are people like you describe, but you are doing an incredible job of inflating them to suit your moral crusade. According to the GAO, 98% of benefits went to eligible households, and only 4% were considered to be overpaid (and this number is falling).
    Never said they weren't eligible. The problem is it is to easy to get benefits especially for those who know how to work the system. My friend works at the DSS in chronic medicaid. She likes that a bit better than dealing with the same old low life's. Ask anyone who works there, they will tell you about how screwed up the system is. They will also tell you it is the same people coming in all the time. It is supposed to be a temporary assistance. I have seen people refuse jobs becuase they make more on public assistance, although I think that has changed.

  24. #49
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Don't confuse idiotboy with facts. He wants to believe all those needing handouts are actually living on MTV Cribs.
    I'm still waiting for yo to produce facts and research. P.S. The Huffington post is not a good source. I have no idea what an MTV crib is so I can't address that. What I can tell you is that there are many out there who have learned to work the system such that they get temporary assistance for life.

    Perhaps you should get a job at the local DSS and learn what really goes on.

  25. #50
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by idiotboy
    I'm still waiting for yo to produce facts and research. P.S. The Huffington post is not a good source. I have no idea what an MTV crib is so I can't address that. What I can tell you is that there are many out there who have learned to work the system such that they get temporary assistance for life.

    Perhaps you should get a job at the local DSS and learn what really goes on.
    You were just cited facts by the GAO regarding those on public assistance. I'm sure it's run by the liberal MSM bogeyman as well.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-13-2008, 04:44 PM
  2. Pumper/Tanker Defined
    By ameryfd in forum Federal FIRE ACT Grants & Funding
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-20-2008, 04:08 PM
  3. "Heavy Rescue" defined
    By firemedic037 in forum Specialized Rescue
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-29-2007, 09:59 PM
  4. Aerials Defined...
    By bpevans in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 01-06-2003, 06:44 PM
  5. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-24-2001, 11:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register