Forum Member

Default where to ask for computer / fire reporting sw?

Came up with a question right before hitting the submit button... If I were to ask for a new computer and fire reporting software, where in the ap would I request it? My software is so old, it is likely skewing the reports since NFIRS frequently changed the coding in the beginning (and the firehouse computer is nearly as old as a wang (well, not quite that old, but you get the picture) takes almost an hour to fire it up and do one report...

Thanks for the suggestions...

Forum Member

You can add it under the Administrative class in any of your budgetary requests as long as you justify it in your narrative.

Forum Member

NFIRS software is free through most states fire reporting. Equipment would be my guess, and it would need to be stated in the narrative.

Forum Member

Hi Lime-

Oddly enough, NYS has an online NFIRS entry program, but it's mostly the basic report. We would have to track actual vehicles, equipment, personnel, etc. on paper wouch would make our record keeping worse than it is now...

Not really a software program available free...

Forum Member

We bought the Firehouse software package back in 1998 and it has been an excellent package, and is NFIRS compatable, all I have to do is a bulk import. We have several modules, and next month the state of KY will now utilize this software for all of the training records across the commonwealth for all FD's Not sure on the current pric, but it is an excellent program, takes a little effort to get all the initial data in, but works great, and has an excellent reporting module that we utilize quite often. Lets us show on paper where we have under a 4 minute response time. Backs up funding an shows where we can improve.

Thread Information