MembersZone Subscriber

Talking Bragging rights, who can top 9 applications this year??

Other then BC79er or Kurt, how many of you can top 9 applications and are looking forward to a long holiday weekend?

Did 3 for vehicles and 6 for operations for 7 different departments and my brain hurts.

Forum Member

Just 9?

I had that many submitted before Week 1 was over!

The bragging rights come with the awards!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by SLY4420 View Post
    The bragging rights come with the awards!
    True, but we'll take it one step further....bragging rights go to the one with the best funding % vs. multiple applications submitted.

MembersZone Subscriber

Smile

Throw in a Regional or 2 and really watch your head spin, try to get all the information in a timely matter!!!! It's not about Braggin rights, it's all about helping your area copmanies so that we can all be safer when we are at calls helping each other!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting41NY View Post
    Other then BC79er or Kurt, how many of you can top 9 applications and are looking forward to a long holiday weekend?

Did 3 for vehicles and 6 for operations for 7 different departments and my brain hurts.
    I got in twenty. I hope to get 2 or 3 awarded--my luck I'll get 0--but at least I've got a bunch of lines in the water. I agree with someone of the other guys, it's not about how many you write, it's about how much you're helping the other departments in your area--all but four of mine were for departments in my area.

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking It's all Good

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainReb22 View Post
    I got in twenty. I hope to get 2 or 3 awarded--my luck I'll get 0--but at least I've got a bunch of lines in the water. I agree with someone of the other guys, it's not about how many you write, it's about how much you're helping the other departments in your area--all but four of mine were for departments in my area.
    I'm with you guys 100%, I'm just trying to have a little fun and see how many other guys do a pile. I'm not sure I can handle more then this next year? I also do them for free to help the other dept's in my area. The joke at my house is that my wife was wondering if I had an internet girlfriend, turns out I was just writing 9 grants!

Forum Member

Talking Bragging Rights

The Bragging Rights STILL go to Brian and Kurt and everyone else who helps all of us work to get the money where it needs to go. To all I for one am glad to take a break - now all we have to do is get some more stimuli.
    Have a Safe Day.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JNK735 View Post
    Throw in a Regional or 2 and really watch your head spin, try to get all the information in a timely matter!!!! It's not about Braggin rights, it's all about helping your area copmanies so that we can all be safer when we are at calls helping each other!!
    Your right abourt the regionals. I went through my log and totaled the hours for my regional radio communications application. 1190 hrs; since November. There were many advantages that appeared from the regional work. Our county emergency management had been desperate for departmental information. Turns out a bulk of their job is collection of information and passing it along. This helps his office temendously. It also brought attention to our county that it is working in complicance to the states SCIP and also how the Homeland Security Grants have muddied up the ability for county's to make application directly to HSG. Our communication council of regions have been splitting the money for towers and fighting over the locations. AFG is our best chance now at funding at our local level. (Maybe Bufferzone later). It also brought a new level of cooperation between the mutual aid partners and our radio situation to our elected local, county and state officials.
    Frankly I am a bit dismayed at how many hours it took me, but there was a lot of education of the communications systems and face to face meetings with state officials to get the offical approval required by AFG. Frankly I think my wife was getting a bit bored with my time spent on AFG applications. Frankly she thinks I have a crush on Kurt.

Forum Member

Default Only 9?

Just joking. I cut way back this year and still did about 16 or so. Kurt and Brian are so valuable when it comes to grants, that I think some just take them for granted...which we shouldn't.
    I do agree though, when it comes to success, always go by the percentages.

Thread Information