MembersZone Subscriber

Default Anyone tried P90X?

Just curious how good it is

MembersZone Subscriber

Default P90X results

I started P90X back in March. I am two weeks away from finishing the program. I followed the diet plan for the most part also. Personally, I think it is an awesome program. My strength, muscular endurance, flexibility and balance have all shown marked improvement. I can say I am in the best physical shape I have ever been; and I'm 36 years old. I have worked out in the gym pretty regularly for several years, but never put myself through the rigorous workouts that this program does. It works, but it's not for everyone. It is a very demanding program. If you haven't worked out in a long time or never worked out, you definitely don't want to start with this. If you're in relatively good shape, this will definitely give you tremendous gains in all areas of your physical health.

Forum Member

P90x is really catching on with the fire service. I know several guys who haven't worked out in years that have tried to jump on it and failed miserably. If you are already in pretty good shape and want something that will really strengthen your core and improve your conditioning drastically then P90x might be for you.

If you are just getting started, the same company has "P90" which is a lot of the same stuff just for beginners.

Overall, its a minimalist approach to fitness. It is easily done at the station or at home with very little equipment, and is very effective. If you are a traditionalist just keep in mind it bears very little resemblance to what you are used to.
    "...When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, Nor will the flame burn you." Isaiah 43:2

Forum Member

I am a little late getting in on this thread. I have just completed the first 90 days of P90X and loved it. Started right over again adding in the P90X+ videos. can't recomend it enough, There are three or four of us doing it at my station and quite a few doing it throughout our department. If you follow it the way it is setup you will be stronger and leaner. Good Luck.

Thread Information