Permanently Removed

Default Let no Emergency! Get in the way of Training!

How cool is it to hear another company respond to an emergency in my companies territory? We hear them get dispatched laugh and say "go getum boys" Were training OOS. Hee Heee poor bastards.
    Hey guys Lets milk this training some more so we dont have to run calls. Training is where its AT!! Yee Hawww!!!
    no reports no expirience (Training will cure all).
    I was kicked off this site for disgracing training now I know why. I want to train all day now too, gets me out of my job.
    I sooo want to fill my day with training. Before I was like damn we have to train today? why cant we just stay in service do some company training? whatever cook the books on ventilation because we aired out a stove fire and wrote it down as ventilation.
    Im all for Now lets go to the main staition and watch videos, drive to the tower stand around raise a "ladder" drag a dummy out, hey whatever keeps me away from real responsibility, real stuff, serving the community, tax payers that pay for that station to be on the corner.
    "Hey public Im out training" someone will come to take up my slack, might take awhile longer but its "OK Im training".
    This training thing is soo awesome table tops, PIA's, raising ladders, pulling the same dummy out of the same tower, doning and doffing etc. on and on.

Im on board now Training is the Best! You all were so right.
    I got another card the other day, says Im an expert weather spotter (pretty sure that was like a year ago). Got a certificate says I participated in leadership program from some Jack *** from S.C.
    This is awesome, oh I sign that Ive been trained in classes that are listed for 3 hours but watched a video and slide show with some bozo talking for 1.5 hours. I need that 3 hours of training gets me out of real emergency responsibility.

Forum Member

Webteam, why is this crap stirrer still here?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Oh, of course! Why didn't I think of this? Why train when you can wing it? /sarcasm
    Dave Bieniek

FF/EMT
    Valley Grove Vol. Fire Department

EMT
    Tri-State Ambulance

Professional in either role.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by plugugly3 View Post
    How cool is it to hear another company respond to an emergency in my companies territory? We hear them get dispatched laugh and say "go getum boys" Were training OOS. Hee Heee poor bastards.
    Hey guys Lets milk this training some more so we dont have to run calls. Training is where its AT!! Yee Hawww!!!
    no reports no expirience (Training will cure all).
    I was kicked off this site for disgracing training now I know why. I want to train all day now too, gets me out of my job.
    I sooo want to fill my day with training. Before I was like damn we have to train today? why cant we just stay in service do some company training? whatever cook the books on ventilation because we aired out a stove fire and wrote it down as ventilation.
    Im all for Now lets go to the main staition and watch videos, drive to the tower stand around raise a "ladder" drag a dummy out, hey whatever keeps me away from real responsibility, real stuff, serving the community, tax payers that pay for that station to be on the corner.
    "Hey public Im out training" someone will come to take up my slack, might take awhile longer but its "OK Im training".
    This training thing is soo awesome table tops, PIA's, raising ladders, pulling the same dummy out of the same tower, doning and doffing etc. on and on.

Im on board now Training is the Best! You all were so right.
    I got another card the other day, says Im an expert weather spotter (pretty sure that was like a year ago). Got a certificate says I participated in leadership program from some Jack *** from S.C.
    This is awesome, oh I sign that Ive been trained in classes that are listed for 3 hours but watched a video and slide show with some bozo talking for 1.5 hours. I need that 3 hours of training gets me out of real emergency responsibility.
    plug... click this link and read.... http://forums.firehouse.com/showthread.php?t=108649
    Originally Posted by madden01
    "and everyone is encouraged to use Plain, Spelled Out English. I thought this was covered in NIMS training."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by plugugly3 View Post
    I need that 3 hours of training gets me out of real emergency responsibility.
    Good thing. With an attitude like yours, you are not needed at an emergency. Except maybe to change my bottle or pack some hose.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Let's talk fire trucks!

Oh wonderfiul, guess who's suspension is up?

Quote Originally Posted by plugugly3
    I was kicked off this site for disgracing training now I know why.
    Yeah, that's exactly the reason you were suspended!
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Forum Member

I am glad this guy is not on my company I would have to double check my life insurance.

Forum Member

I wish you were on my department, not only would you quit my department you would move away. Idiots like you is why people are killed, and that probably doesn't bother you either.
    Last edited by ke5yot; 06-22-2009 at 07:05 PM.

Permanently Removed

Default Time is the key.

I live 1.5 blocks from a fire station if my house is on fire and if they dont show up within 4 minutes and if they dont have a legitimate excuse (on another emergency). I promise this I will sue the city. Those guys at my neighborhood station better be in the station well rested and ready. Its time to make the city and chiefs responsible for civilian deaths and property damage because of late responses.

Let's talk fire trucks!

Being on another incident is the only good reason that the response time could take more than 4 minutes?
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Forum Member

Why is it necessary to make a post that is sarcastic in nature while trying to argue a point when nobody here believes that it is not important for fire departments to run calls?

Let's talk fire trucks!

Quote Originally Posted by FireEeyore View Post
    Why is it necessary to make a post that is sarcastic in nature while trying to argue a point when nobody here believes that it is not important for fire departments to run calls?
    Not sure if that was directed at him or me?
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Administrator

Default Thread to be Closed

The discussion for this thread is not providing any helpful insight to the Fire Fighting profession. Therefore, we are going to close it.

Thread Information