Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    Forum Member

Default New to the boards

Hey All,

My name is James Moore, I run a calibration and repair shop down in Southgate (just south of Detroit) Michigan.

Over the years talking with different Chiefs I've found there are a lot of misconceptions about how gas monitors work and what they can and can't do. I'm hoping maybe I can lend a bit of my experience to questions people have and that maybe I can put some questions out here that I'm looking for the answer to.

My family has a long history in the gas and hazmat industry, and I'm debating getting involved with the local hazmat response team here in Southeast Michigan. Maybe some of you could share your experiences with me? What is necessary to be of assistance? How much time it requires out of a given week?

I'm also looking forward to writing a few gas detection and monitor related articles if anyone here is interested in reading them.

Wishing you all a safe weekend,

James Moore
    Ideal Calibrations
    Southgate, MI

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by JamesIdealCal View Post
    Hey All,

My name is James Moore, I run a calibration and repair shop down in Southgate (just south of Detroit) Michigan.

Over the years talking with different Chiefs I've found there are a lot of misconceptions about how gas monitors work and what they can and can't do. I'm hoping maybe I can lend a bit of my experience to questions people have and that maybe I can put some questions out here that I'm looking for the answer to.

My family has a long history in the gas and hazmat industry, and I'm debating getting involved with the local hazmat response team here in Southeast Michigan. Maybe some of you could share your experiences with me? What is necessary to be of assistance? How much time it requires out of a given week?

I'm also looking forward to writing a few gas detection and monitor related articles if anyone here is interested in reading them.

Wishing you all a safe weekend,

James Moore
    Ideal Calibrations
    Southgate, MI

So James Moore what are you selling??? Another bunch of gismo's!

Most fire departments that have any thing going for their selves, have the latest equipment to handle any haz mat operation. We have gas detectors and all the related equipment that we need.

IF you want to get on a HAZ MAT TEAM, then you need to apply to a fire department.

Thread Information