1. #1
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    35

    Default Maimi Dade Fire Rescue

    Well about 6,000 applicants tested and test results are out. I qualified!! are there any others out there in this forum that tested and have any idea as to when the orientation for cpat will be? I hear everyone that qualified will come back for the c-pat. I have also heard they are going to hire anywhere from 70-150 applicants to get started. If anyone has more info please share....Thanks

  2. #2
    Forum Member
    sabrewulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drod17 View Post
    Well about 6,000 applicants tested and test results are out. I qualified!! are there any others out there in this forum that tested and have any idea as to when the orientation for cpat will be? I hear everyone that qualified will come back for the c-pat. I have also heard they are going to hire anywhere from 70-150 applicants to get started. If anyone has more info please share....Thanks
    I am in the same boat. Waiting on the CPAT date.

  3. #3
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sabrewulf View Post
    I am in the same boat. Waiting on the CPAT date.
    Yeah me too..in the same boat..its probably gonna around 2 years to be honest with you..I would be surprised if we hear back from them within this year...

  4. #4
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sabrewulf View Post
    I am in the same boat. Waiting on the CPAT date.

    I was just wondering will they hire someone who is not certified??

  5. #5
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    32

    Default

    i'm in also

    Quote Originally Posted by goodfire1 View Post
    I was just wondering will they hire someone who is not certified??
    its been known to happen

  6. #6
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Ran into a MD firefighter this weekend and brought up the list from Mar. 09. He said everything is still on hold, but on a good note, he did state the training facility still was intact with the CPAT course which hints at maybe within the next months we should here something. He also stated that if they were not ready to hire then the training facility would not have the CPAT course still intact. KEEP HOPE ALIVE.....

  7. #7
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    38

    Default

    yea, keep hope alive but uh.....its not gonna happen..they've already taken paycuts and talking about demotions...doubt anything will happen soon. maybe next year when more guys start to retire.

  8. #8
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drod17 View Post
    Ran into a MD firefighter this weekend and brought up the list from Mar. 09. He said everything is still on hold, but on a good note, he did state the training facility still was intact with the CPAT course which hints at maybe within the next months we should here something. He also stated that if they were not ready to hire then the training facility would not have the CPAT course still intact. KEEP HOPE ALIVE.....
    The training facility with the CPAT is permanent, they don't tear it down and set it back up.

    There was a grant MDFR recieved to hire 6 FF/PM vets. One of my buddies was hired and put through everything. Their class was supposed to start 2 months ago in September, but he is still waiting to hear back. This is just on a free money grant for 6 positions only.

    MDFR will most likely NOT be contacting any of us (people who tested) until late 2010, if that. They are still negotiating the proposed 5% pay cuts and all this other garbage the government is trying to pull on those guys.

    My suggestions are to check the Local 1403 page from time to time and cross your fingers.
    From what I understand, nothing will happen until 2011.

  9. #9
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    35

    Default

    What is up with the new MDFR state of the art training facility. Found some info on the internet that stated it is due to open in 2010. If they are still building this facility...maybe classes will open soon...say late 2010 or early 2011. the headquarters is also going to get a makeover...there is no $$$$$ for hiring,but they are spending like crazy. the improvements to the headquarters alone is budgeted at $480,000. can anyone shed some light on this project and if indeed this training facility is anywhere near it's final stages...........If they build it we will come....ALL 6000 OF US IN THE PROCESS.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Miami-Dade Fire/Rescue
    By SchmmidyABVFC in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-10-2006, 11:32 PM
  2. Miami Dade Fire Rescue
    By Fyrstang in forum Meet and Greet
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-07-2006, 11:22 AM
  3. Miami-Dade County Fire Rescue
    By LtMedic35 in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-05-2005, 04:56 PM
  4. Miami/Metro Dade Fla--Church Fire
    By captstanm1 in forum Fire Wire
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-04-2003, 11:28 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-21-2001, 10:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register