Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    Forum Member

Default Cheyenne fire & rescue

Did anyone test with Cheyenne fire this week? If so how was the interview and does anyone know why they wouldn't expect a CPAT cert?

Forum Member

215 applied. 190 tested. 75 went to CPATs. The CPAT is the standard (stepmill, hose drag, equipment carry, ladder raise & extension, etc) administered at Station 4 training center. Operations officer said that it is likely they will accept up to date CPAT cards in lieu of their test in the future. Oral consisted of 4 questions for FF candidates. They were operating assembly line style - in and out in 5 minutes. Rankings announced next week - great time and some of the most genuinely friendly and accommodating folks around. I'm live in a big west coast city (which I love) and would move to Cheyenne/Fort Collins area in a heartbeat if the opportunity presents.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slipko09 View Post
    215 applied. 190 tested. 75 went to CPATs. The CPAT is the standard (stepmill, hose drag, equipment carry, ladder raise & extension, etc) administered at Station 4 training center. Operations officer said that it is likely they will accept up to date CPAT cards in lieu of their test in the future. Oral consisted of 4 questions for FF candidates. They were operating assembly line style - in and out in 5 minutes. Rankings announced next week - great time and some of the most genuinely friendly and accommodating folks around. I'm live in a big west coast city (which I love) and would move to Cheyenne/Fort Collins area in a heartbeat if the opportunity presents.
    I would love to work up there as well, how did you do on the written?

Forum Member

95. Its a waiting game now.

Forum Member

Default rankings posted!

Cheyenne has posted the rankings, I am in the top 40. I scored low on the written so I must have scored high on the oral board.
    Does anyone know how high/low they went on the last list?

Thread Information