Forum Member

According to the Chief of Personnel, this class just hired was the last one to undergo Tampa FR's PAT. All new classes will be required to have the CPAT/Fire Test. IDK what that means to everyone else also waiting. Just FYI

Oh they plan to continue with another process in Sept for a class starting in Oct.

Forum Member

It means alot more people are going to pass it.
    To Persist is to Conquer.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sulu404 View Post
    According to the Chief of Personnel, this class just hired was the last one to undergo Tampa FR's PAT. All new classes will be required to have the CPAT/Fire Test. IDK what that means to everyone else also waiting. Just FYI

Oh they plan to continue with another process in Sept for a class starting in Oct.
    I called HQ's on Friday and was told something completely different than that.
    FireMedic

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SkylinePCG View Post
    Other way around. I think more like fail. If you couldn't pass TFR's PAT then I highly doubt you could pass the CPAT. IMO the PAT was really easy and the CPAT was harder but still pretty easy. A good amount of females have a hard time passing the CPAT. I said "good amount" not "all" just to clarify. If they want diversity on the dept it's going to be hard to do it with the CPAT. I believe HCFR had a similar issue with this recently. It might have just been a rumor though not sure.
    FireMedic

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SkylinePCG View Post
    Agreed Quickstang, I've taken Tampa's PAT and by far the easiest, taken the CPAT as well and like you said, not bad, but truly if you cannot pass Tampa then you'll def. not pass the CPAT. The stairmaster in the beginning sets the tone of the entire course. When taking the Orange Co. CPAT, I saw 3 people ahead of me fail just the stairmaster/75lb. weighted vest, and others not pull in enough time throughout the course.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by quickstangsvt302 View Post
    I called HQ's on Friday and was told something completely different than that.
    What'd they tell you? IDK if they'll make the rest of you guys take the CPAT/Fire Test to continue in the process or if they'll goto the next hiring process all together. I'm just relaying what I heard

As for the CPAT, it's fairly simple and it's mostly mind over matter. If you in halfway decent shape it is easy enough. However on the east coast in Broward county they love to use the Firefighter Challenge as their PAT as well as a tread/swim water portion - all in the same day. Now THAT is truly grueling!

Forum Member

I'm all for the CPAT or hard PAT's... I know I'll pass and more than likely more people will fail. Heck that's better odd's for me. I do think it would be a waste of the city's money to throw away eligible people for hire that they've already spent a bunch of money on. Also that have already made it through most of the city's hiring process. That's just my opinion... but I'm nobody so it doesn't matter. Just my two cents.
    FireMedic

Forum Member

I'm with quickstang, I find it extremely frustrating that I have made it this far and my eligibility expires when they'll probably hire from a new list. Oh well, I guess we'll start all over again

Forum Member

Also with a new Mayor taking over soon who knows what's in store for the city.
    FireMedic

Forum Member

The last I've heard about the fireteam video/cpat for TFR is it will be in August now. I heard this from the head guy over at NTN.
    FireMedic

Forum Member

Hey if you all didn't know already, the city started taking apps again starting this last friday 5/6. They require the CPAT & FireTEAM test to be taken already. Get your apps in.

PPH
    Forum Member

Does anyone know if TFR is actually planing to hire people? I only ask since their site states "applications accepted until further notice" for the FF position, and at most places that usually means they're just taking apps to take em. Wouldn't be that big of a deal if I didn't have to spend $165 to test and drive 4 hours from Palm Beach County!

Forum Member

TFR is planning on hiring another class of recruits in October minus any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by PPH View Post
    Does anyone know if TFR is actually planing to hire people? I only ask since their site states "applications accepted until further notice" for the FF position, and at most places that usually means they're just taking apps to take em. Wouldn't be that big of a deal if I didn't have to spend $165 to test and drive 4 hours from Palm Beach County!

PPH
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sulu404 View Post
    TFR is planning on hiring another class of recruits in October minus any problems.
    Thanks for the info. Any idea on how many? Looks like I'm gonna have to make a weekend of it and plan a trip over there soon.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PPH View Post
    Thanks for the info. Any idea on how many? Looks like I'm gonna have to make a weekend of it and plan a trip over there soon.
    A total of fifteen people tentatively for October. At least six people being from the current list before it expires. Good luck.
    FireMedic

Forum Member

Has everyone else gotten the email from Tampa stating that they have forwarded the app. to TFR and detailing the next step as far as the background check goes? The last time I applied I didn't get one, so does anyone know how they reached the score? and what does that score mean?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dougmetcalf85 View Post
    Has everyone else gotten the email from Tampa stating that they have forwarded the app. to TFR and detailing the next step as far as the background check goes? The last time I applied I didn't get one, so does anyone know how they reached the score? and what does that score mean?
    Out of curiosity, when did you turn in your app?

TyD
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dougmetcalf85 View Post
    What did they say about the background check?

Forum Member

I sent it in about 2 weeks ago.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tydougherty View Post
    What did they say about the background check?
    Not much, they just emailed me a packet today and it is due back in by the 3rd of June. BTW I found out that the score posted in their email response is "based on your education."

Thread Information