MembersZone Subscriber

I plan on showing up on the 15th.

Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TampaFireResQ

Pictures
    http://snap.tbo.com/users/captainbill/

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FFPotenziano View Post

Hey potenziano, this may sound like a dumb question, but are leather helmets and/or leather boots not allowed with tampa fire?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by fiu400 View Post
    Hey Vesmedic what department do you work?
    pluse also does Tampa have a Heavy Rescue and if so how do you get on?

fiu, id rather not put out that info...and as far as Rescue companies, it seems you are pretty new to the fire service.....Most of the people assigned to a rescue/heavy rescue(as in Orlando HR1) are usually the most experienced on the job, aka have been on the longest, most classes etc.

Forum Member

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Deluge059 View Post
    This is what I would like to know. Whats after the Cheifs?
    Well, I believe they run a second background check. If you pass that, then i believe you go through and psychological evaluation and polygraph testing. My question is: Do they offer employment after the second background check? Or do you have to pass the polygragh and pschological evaluation first? I know it varies between detpt's.

Forum Member

So how's the pension program for Tampa Fire Rescue? Do they match contributions? Do you even have to contribute as some departments have programs that don't require, etc. Any info is appreciated. I got a letter to do their PAT and now I'm not sure if I should just wait and see what unfolds from Miami-Dade hiring process (waiting on PAT date) since I'm only an hour set from Miami and 4 hours away from Tampa.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by VESmedic View Post
    Rob, will u be at city hall june 15th? I'll be there with a bunch of my boys, who are among the 46, I'm sure we know alot of the same people, hopefully I'll see ya out there in person.....
    Yeah I'll be there man. I plan on getting out around 1500 or earlier. Thanks for the support.
    -Rob
    Greater love has no man than to lay his life down for a friend.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thank you bro!
    Greater love has no man than to lay his life down for a friend.

MembersZone Subscriber

Leather helmets haven't come up yet that I know of. The leather can be worn as long as they're made by the 4 approved mfg's. Pro Warrington, Lacrosse, and two other's I can't remember.

MembersZone Subscriber

Leather helmets haven't come up yet that I know of. The leather can be worn as long as they're made by the 4 approved mfg's. Pro Warrington, Lacrosse, and two other's I can't remember.

Thanks man....I take it wearing leather helmets is just not a tradition at Tampa fire? Or just no one has tried to wear one? thanks dude

Forum Member

Default Hrt 1

Hey I seen a pic of your Heavy, what a good looking truck. I was wondering what station is that Truck housed at?

Forum Member

Default Background Check

Does anybody know how long you have to wait for a response when it comes to the second Background check for the City of Tampa? thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by AllTimeFF View Post
    Does anybody know how long you have to wait for a response when it comes to the second Background check for the City of Tampa? thanks
    No idea. Did you already do the two interviews?

MembersZone Subscriber

The wait could take as long as a month after your Chief interview. If you are lucky enough to get a Chief interview only the "short list" gets the second background check. As far as our pension we have one of the best in the country. We have a private pension that we pay into. This current fiscal year we payed about 4.4% a paycheck. This year starting Oct. we will be paying 6.7% and we dont pay into social security. We have a deferred comp but with no match from the city. If you get hurt on the job and cannot perform F/F duties you will retire with a line of duty pension even if it is the first day on the job. You will not be put at some desk job the rest of your career.

Forum Member

so you're vested form day 1? that's nice. but if you disabled out on day 1, I don't think you would have much of a pension check. what is it, 40% of your base salary?

Forum Member

Default Tampa Fire employment Process

I had my Chief's interview with Tampa Fire 2 days ago. Does anyone know what the rest of the process entails? And from this point; how long before actually being hired? Thanks to anyone who can answer these questions !

Forum Member

Default Hello

I had my Chief's interview with Tampa Fire about 2 days ago. How much longer is the process?

LOD retiremnet is 65% of your salary tax free. So your first day you start at around $40K, get hurt and collect $26K a year, tax free for the rest of your life. We prefer you don't do that though

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cshipp123 View Post
    I had my Chief's interview with Tampa Fire 2 days ago. Does anyone know what the rest of the process entails? And from this point; how long before actually being hired? Thanks to anyone who can answer these questions !
    Well, I had my chief's interview with the City of Tampa back in Dec of 2008. Just 3 weeks ago I recieved a call from one of the Captains ( I won't say his name) asking if I were still intersted in employment. They told me they were running a second background check and that they would get back to me in a few weeks. I haven't heard from them yet, but I'm crossing my fingers. So... I pretty much waited a little over 6 months for some kind of response after my chiefs interview. Good Luck!

MembersZone Subscriber

What goes on at the interviews and chiefs interview?

Forum Member

Default Employment with Tampa Fire

Well, I had my chief's interview with the City of Tampa back in Dec of 2008. Just 3 weeks ago I recieved a call from one of the Captains ( I won't say his name) asking if I were still intersted in employment. They told me they were running a second background check and that they would get back to me in a few weeks. I haven't heard from them yet, but I'm crossing my fingers. So... I pretty much waited a little over 6 months for some kind of response after my chiefs interview. Good Luck!
    Have you heard anything from Tampa Fire yet about were you are in the process? I am still waiting to hear from TPD about the polygraph.

Forum Member

Have you heard anything from Tampa Fire yet about were you are in the process? I am still waiting to hear from TPD about the polygraph.
    Yeah, let us know how long the second background takes you.

Forum Member

Nope, Still waiting for the call to schedule the polygraph test... Have you recieved a call regarding your 2nd background checK?

MembersZone Subscriber

can someone explain to me what they look at on the second background check that doesnt get covered on the 1st? will i have to fill out another background packet? thanks guys

Forum Member

Nope, Still waiting for the call to schedule the polygraph test... Have you recieved a call regarding your 2nd background checK?
    I got my 2nd background call a week ago, so im trying to judge how long till the poly.
    I imagine during the 2nd one they call your old jobs and references and go more in depth.

MembersZone Subscriber

The first background check is just a "wants & warrants" which means they just take a quick look to see if you are wanted anywhere or if you have any warrants on you. The second is the big one that is when they check out everything speak to references etc...

Thread Information