Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Forum Member

Default Hello

I had my Chief's interview with Tampa Fire about 2 days ago. How much longer is the process?

LOD retiremnet is 65% of your salary tax free. So your first day you start at around $40K, get hurt and collect $26K a year, tax free for the rest of your life. We prefer you don't do that though

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cshipp123 View Post
    I had my Chief's interview with Tampa Fire 2 days ago. Does anyone know what the rest of the process entails? And from this point; how long before actually being hired? Thanks to anyone who can answer these questions !
    Well, I had my chief's interview with the City of Tampa back in Dec of 2008. Just 3 weeks ago I recieved a call from one of the Captains ( I won't say his name) asking if I were still intersted in employment. They told me they were running a second background check and that they would get back to me in a few weeks. I haven't heard from them yet, but I'm crossing my fingers. So... I pretty much waited a little over 6 months for some kind of response after my chiefs interview. Good Luck!

MembersZone Subscriber

What goes on at the interviews and chiefs interview?

Forum Member

Default Employment with Tampa Fire

Quote Originally Posted by AllTimeFF View Post
    Well, I had my chief's interview with the City of Tampa back in Dec of 2008. Just 3 weeks ago I recieved a call from one of the Captains ( I won't say his name) asking if I were still intersted in employment. They told me they were running a second background check and that they would get back to me in a few weeks. I haven't heard from them yet, but I'm crossing my fingers. So... I pretty much waited a little over 6 months for some kind of response after my chiefs interview. Good Luck!
    Have you heard anything from Tampa Fire yet about were you are in the process? I am still waiting to hear from TPD about the polygraph.

Forum Member

Have you heard anything from Tampa Fire yet about were you are in the process? I am still waiting to hear from TPD about the polygraph.
    Yeah, let us know how long the second background takes you.

Forum Member

Nope, Still waiting for the call to schedule the polygraph test... Have you recieved a call regarding your 2nd background checK?

MembersZone Subscriber

can someone explain to me what they look at on the second background check that doesnt get covered on the 1st? will i have to fill out another background packet? thanks guys

Forum Member

Nope, Still waiting for the call to schedule the polygraph test... Have you recieved a call regarding your 2nd background checK?
    I got my 2nd background call a week ago, so im trying to judge how long till the poly.
    I imagine during the 2nd one they call your old jobs and references and go more in depth.

MembersZone Subscriber

The first background check is just a "wants & warrants" which means they just take a quick look to see if you are wanted anywhere or if you have any warrants on you. The second is the big one that is when they check out everything speak to references etc...

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Patchmedic View Post
    The first background check is just a "wants & warrants" which means they just take a quick look to see if you are wanted anywhere or if you have any warrants on you. The second is the big one that is when they check out everything speak to references etc...

Thanks patch! I appreciate it!

Forum Member

Since the City of Tampa Fire Dept. recieved approval for the grant to hire 36 new FF, does anybody know how many people are being called for their 2nd background check, polygraph tesing, medical evaluation, etc... Roughly?

Thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

Six of those grant positions will be starting 8/3 then we will have a couple other classes starting by Oct. 2 and each class will have 15 in it. We will be hiring close to 60 for the year. Another P.A.T test will be held later this month. We are getting a lot of apps. only the cream of the crop is going to make it to the Chief interview. The last P.A.T test we had close to 300 test out of that close to 100 were able to get to the panel interview after that the chief interview had around 30 possible candidates he rates them and picks a few extra in case they fail the big background check. There are literally hundreds of apps. in the personnel office so have some patience and good luck.

Forum Member

Thanks for the info Patch!!
    This is good stuff.

Forum Member

When i dropped of my original application "a person" told me that there were over 500 apps to take the last PAT in may but only 300 ppl did take it ... there were about 30-50 ppl during my time taking the PAT in june and prolly just as many the day before and day after.

I received a background packet that was due by July 2nd or so. Haven't heard anything yet.

Forum Member

thanks Patch

Forum Member

Default Still waiting

Yes, I received a call about a week ago regarding a 2nd background check. I am not sure how long the background check takes. I am hoping that I receive a call next week. I will definitely keep you informed.

Forum Member

Default Is it possible

Six of those grant positions will be starting 8/3 then we will have a couple other classes starting by Oct. 2 and each class will have 15 in it. We will be hiring close to 60 for the year. Another P.A.T test will be held later this month. We are getting a lot of apps. only the cream of the crop is going to make it to the Chief interview. The last P.A.T test we had close to 300 test out of that close to 100 were able to get to the panel interview after that the chief interview had around 30 possible candidates he rates them and picks a few extra in case they fail the big background check. There are literally hundreds of apps. in the personnel office so have some patience and good luck.
    Why only six starting on 8/3? Also, Is it possible for me to be apart of the 6 not having my polygraph yet? I know this might sound crazy, but I am just a little anxious.

MembersZone Subscriber

hey guys, how is is the panel interview? What kinds of questions do they ask you? just a basic run down would be nice. I'm sure its just a standard interview, but im just curious. thanks!

Forum Member

Why only six starting on 8/3? Also, Is it possible for me to be apart of the 6 not having my polygraph yet? I know this might sound crazy, but I am just a little anxious.
    Keep us posted. Im in the same boat as you (waiting on call for poly) and I too am anxious. I'll let you know what happens over on my side.

Thread Information