Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by VESmedic View Post
    hey guys, how is is the panel interview? What kinds of questions do they ask you? just a basic run down would be nice. I'm sure its just a standard interview, but im just curious. thanks!
    Hello can anyone please answer this question? I too am currently scheduled for a panel interview and am curious to know what to expect.

Thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

can someone please answer my question about the panel interview? thanks!

MembersZone Subscriber

Wear a suit with a tie. Hand shakes at beginning and end of interview. Be truthful and at all times look them straight in the eyes dont even glance away when thinking about an answer. The questions are basic they are looking to see if you would question a company officer and other stuff like that. Make sure you know something about the Dept. how many stations,how many calls, the port,highrise etc... Remember first and foremost there are a lot of people looking for work you were lucky enough to get to this point the last thing you need is the slightest bit of attitude and you wont see the next interview. The panel is very diverse and of all ranks throughout the Dept. They are some of the best F/F and Paramedics on the job and looks may be deceiving. I almost forgot no facial hair a very neat and trimmed moustache is ok but thats it keep those sideburns short. Last but not least if you do get hired be very involved with off duty events and the Union this will be your career you better make the most of it because nobody owes you a thing you have to earn it

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Patchmedic View Post
    Wear a suit with a tie. Hand shakes at beginning and end of interview. Be truthful and at all times look them straight in the eyes dont even glance away when thinking about an answer. The questions are basic they are looking to see if you would question a company officer and other stuff like that. Make sure you know something about the Dept. how many stations,how many calls, the port,highrise etc... Remember first and foremost there are a lot of people looking for work you were lucky enough to get to this point the last thing you need is the slightest bit of attitude and you wont see the next interview. The panel is very diverse and of all ranks throughout the Dept. They are some of the best F/F and Paramedics on the job and looks may be deceiving. I almost forgot no facial hair a very neat and trimmed moustache is ok but thats it keep those sideburns short. Last but not least if you do get hired be very involved with off duty events and the Union this will be your career you better make the most of it because nobody owes you a thing you have to earn it

Thanks patch I appeciate it! Anyone else?

MembersZone Subscriber FFPotenziano's Avatar

Letters of recommendation.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FFPotenziano View Post
    Letters of recommendation.
    FFpotenziano, do you suggest bringing letters of reccomendation to the panel interview?

MembersZone Subscriber FFPotenziano's Avatar

FFpotenziano, do you suggest bringing letters of reccomendation to the panel interview?
    Sure, present it in a folder. The same as a resume'.

Forum Member

Default I received the call

Quote Originally Posted by Deluge059 View Post
    Keep us posted. Im in the same boat as you (waiting on call for poly) and I too am anxious. I'll let you know what happens over on my side.
    I just wanted to let you know that I received the call From TPD about the polygraph. I am scheduled to take it in about 2 weeks. So, the background check took about 3 -4 weeks. Let me know if you heard anything!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cshipp123 View Post
    I just wanted to let you know that I received the call From TPD about the polygraph. I am scheduled to take it in about 2 weeks. So, the background check took about 3 -4 weeks. Let me know if you heard anything!
    I too got the call to take the poly next week. Can anyone tell me how it goes? Do they refer to questions from your application or is there a questionaire that you fill out that same day? any answer would be extremely appreciated . Thanks ! Good luck

MembersZone Subscriber

Ok, I have my panel interview this week...So, how long is between panel, chief interview, 2nd background check, and poly? I could be wrong, but it seems they are speeding up the process a bit, because it seems they are going to hire soon...any help is appreciated, thanks!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cshipp123 View Post

I got the call too. in 2 weeks I take mine.

Forum Member

Can anyone tell me how the polygraph goes? Do they refer to questions from your application or is there a questionaire that you fill out that same day? any answer would be extremely appreciated

Forum Member

Ok, I have my panel interview this week...So, how long is between panel, chief interview, 2nd background check, and poly? I could be wrong, but it seems they are speeding up the process a bit, because it seems they are going to hire soon...any help is appreciated, thanks!

I had my chiefs interview back in Dec of 2008, so it took about 6 months for them to respond with the 2nd background check. I waited about 1 month after that for them to schedule me for my poly. So about 7 months after the Chiefs interview.

Forum Member

It is good to see that Tampa is hiring, but I wondering when Hillsborough County might be hiring?

I also had my cheif interview but have not heard on the poly. Does anyone know the numbers that are going through this poly test? Is it the 36 discussed earlier or will they be breaking those up since 36 in hard to put through the class?

Forum Member

Any news Tampa brothers?
    Last edited by Deluge059; 12-14-2009 at 06:56 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deluge059 View Post
    Any news Tampa brothers? Anyone starting soon? I dropped out of the process the day before my polygraph as I got hired out-of-the-blue by a department I had applied for a year ago.

Good luck to the rest of you!
    congrats again broham... I got knocked out of the process after the panel interview even though I thought i did very well in the interview... hell I was told by one of the officers there that one of my friends that went up was the best interview of the day and even he didn't get a call back. So good luck to those that are getting close.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigPapaGato View Post
    congrats again broham... I got knocked out of the process after the panel interview even though I thought i did very well in the interview... hell I was told by one of the officers there that one of my friends that went up was the best interview of the day and even he didn't get a call back. So good luck to those that are getting close.
    I made it to the chief's interview and am still waiting to hear anything... I feel that both my interviews were pretty strong, but you never can tell... Crossing my fingers though!

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey if you guys that took the poly don't mind could you relay how long it took them to get back to you afterwards?

Forum Member

Exclamation Got the call.

Hey guys,

Received the call for the chief's interview scheduled for early November, I did my panel interview back in late july. Any word on what there hiring status is ? how many of the 36 have started ? Where are you guys at in the process? Any information would be greatly appreciated as i am very anxious to get back on the job, I was laid off from Lehigh Acres Fire after 5 years of service as a fire/medic, 2 of which were at Lehigh Acres Fire Dept.

Lehigh Acres laid off 35 firefighters out of 110 firefighters, the biggest 1 time lay off in florida fire dept history. Its getting really hard to get a job, I wish all of you searching the best of luck.

Thanks in advance!

Thread Information