+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 First ... 2345678 ... Last
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FiremanC84 View Post
    Small class starting orientation in July, with a larger class starting in Sept/Oct.
    Thanks FiremanC84. That's what I heard also. Don't want to get too needy...but do you know around how many for the Sept/Oct class?

I heard Chief Forward was conducting interviews this week also... but didn't know of course when we would hear about the second background?

Forum Member

I got a call around a week after my interview with the chief informing me that they would be conducting a background check. Then about a month after that I got a call from TPD to schedule the polygraph.

Forum Member

When is this department closing their hiring process? I went to their website and the career listing is still up.

Forum Member

I got a call around a week after my interview with the chief informing me that they would be conducting a background check. Then about a month after that I got a call from TPD to schedule the polygraph.
    How long ago was that? Are you part of the July class? Or already part of TFD?
    Last edited by FF101; 06-16-2010 at 01:09 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FF101 View Post
    How long ago was that? Are you part of the July class? Or already part of TPD?
    Nope, not a part of the July class. I took the poly a few weeks ago.

Forum Member

Nope, not a part of the July class. I took the poly a few weeks ago.
    Have they told you that you would be part of the Sept/Oct class? You must have interviewed with all of the July class people.
    Last edited by FF101; 06-16-2010 at 01:21 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FF101 View Post
    Have they told you that you would be part of the Sept/Oct class? You must have interviewed with all of the July class people.
    Its not guaranteed so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SVTxDUDE View Post
    When is this department closing their hiring process? I went to their website and the career listing is still up.
    Its been up almost continuously for over a year. Since there are the only one really hiring they are taking the cream of the crop and sending tons of people through so they can be picky.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by owenscott View Post
    Its been up almost continuously for over a year. Since there are the only one really hiring they are taking the cream of the crop and sending tons of people through so they can be picky.
    I wonder when the people who just had chief interviews might be hearing something??

Does anyone know how long the process takes? I know Chief Forward just took over...so im sure he is busy.

Shawshank

Question

I applied for this job recently and was not consider because I did not have the Florida state Firefighter II. I do have a pretty stacked resume with a National Firefighter II cert. as well as recently Graduating a 16 week live in academy here in NY for my paid full time position. I just thought it was odd that they don't except the national cert????? Anyone have any good ideas of why that is?
    Don't be a know it all! Be a know a lot!

Forum Member

I'm not sure anyone does. florida ff1 and 2 are required everywhere I've seen (though it's been a bit since I've looked).

makes good girls go bad

Your hours and curriculum need to meet the hours and curriculum of the Florida State Minimum standards. If they do not, you might be able to challenge it under certain circumstances, but for the most part, forget it.

Sorry bro, everyone wants Fla right now.
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Shawshank

Yea I figured the hours had something to do with that. Its funny though all states train to the national standard anyway. I didn't have a hard on for the job there, but would have considered it. I'm hoping to hit some luck in Virginia here in coming weeks.
    Don't be a know it all! Be a know a lot!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by owenscott View Post

Has anyone heard anything yet about the second background check?

MembersZone Subscriber

I have not heard anything either... still waiting

Forum Member

Yeah its a waiting game...sucks. I heard there was two waves of interviews. I was on the first.

MembersZone Subscriber

I was interviewed the first week on June... guess it"ll be a couple of weeks before we hear anything...

Forum Member

I have a chiefs interview comming up shortly. I'm guessing another round of chief's interviews, and then soon after you guys might hear something. Process of elimination just speculation. A in depth background check costs the city $, so i'm guessing they will weed out more candidates from the chiefs interview. Followed by the poly, drug screening, physical, etc... Good luck to everyone fortunate if they get the "offer" you stood out, and earned it. Again I have no inside sources it's all just speculation...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by quickstangsvt302 View Post
    I have a chiefs interview comming up shortly. I'm guessing another round of chief's interviews, and then soon after you guys might hear something. Process of elimination just speculation. A in depth background check costs the city $, so i'm guessing they will weed out more candidates from the chiefs interview. Followed by the poly, drug screening, physical, etc... Good luck to everyone fortunate if they get the "offer" you stood out, and earned it. Again I have no inside sources it's all just speculation...
    quickstangsvt302...when is your chief interview?

Forum Member

3rd week in July. Shoot me a message if you want.

Forum Member

any news? How many are they looking to hire this year?

Forum Member

I just got a call from the Chief's secretary and my interview this week was bumped cause of a meeting the Chief has with the city council. So it'll be next week then. Can anyone shed any light on the chief's interview? I've heard it may be just a simple get to know you/will you play nice with others interview. I was expecting a more indepth panel type interview with questions but now I'm not sure. Also after thie chief's interview, expect about up to another 6-7months for the process? That's what I've seeing on previous posts...

As for how many they're hiring, the FF i spoke to when I toured a station said approximately 12 guys for now but more to come due to retirement/etc. So crossing my fingers!

Forum Member

I received the same call today, my chiefs interview was also bumped back another week. Only hiring around 12 FF's? I was hoping it would be more dang. Were on the third wave of chief interviews, so i'm hoping we all hear something, at least about a background within the next few weeks. I had read in previous posts they had a larger class starting in Sept/Oct, so i'm guessing maybe that would be the 12? I'm wondering if the people from this hiring round would be placed in that class, or another one later in the year? Good luck!

Forum Member

Well my coworker said he ran into a Tampa FF in Orlando this last weekend and that he said approx 22guys will be hired this time. But then again you know how it goes, you can't exactly trust it unless it's from the horse's mouth...

But anyways, does anyone know what the Chief's gonna ask?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by quickstangsvt302 View Post
    3rd week in July. Shoot me a message if you want.
    quickstangsvt302 just wanted to know how your interview went. I wasnt sure if you had it yet or not?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 First ... 2345678 ... Last

Thread Information