+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 First ... 3456789 ... Last
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by quickstangsvt302 View Post
    3rd week in July. Shoot me a message if you want.
    Has anyone else heard anything?

Forum Member

My chief's interview tomorrow, was bumped back a week due to chief Forward having another meeting to attend. So i'll be meeting with him next week. I had medic orientation today, and I talked with a girl who also had a chief's interview back awhile ago. She's still waiting to hear back. She said that Tampa passed another grant for hiring? So what she heard people from now, until the end of the year are gonna be hired periodically maybe? I don't know how true that is it's just hear say. SAFER grant from last year, and maybe retirements idk...waiting patiently
    Last edited by quickstangsvt302; 07-21-2010 at 02:05 PM.

Forum Member

My chief's interview tomorrow, was bumped back a week due to chief Forward having another meeting to attend. So i'll be meeting with him next week. I had medic orientation today, and I talked with a girl who also had a chief's interview back awhile ago. She's still waiting to hear back. She said that Tampa passed another grant for hiring? So what she heard people from now, until the end of the year are gonna be hired periodically maybe? I don't know how true that is it's just hear say. SAFER grant from last year, and maybe retirements idk...waiting patiently
    Wow yeah I'm sure he is busy. I wonder if you guys are the last interviews? (Next week that is) Like I said I heard they are hiring a class in Sept/Oct and one in Sept/Nov. Also hear say... Good luck on your interview.

Forum Member

Thanks. Yea i'm guessing next week, will be the last of the interviews for this group. I know some people that already got their "thanks, but no thanks" letters this week after their panel interview. October, and November sounds about right with this group, If you factor the background, poly, etc... Are they going to open station 22, the other New Tampa station this year? Anyone here work for TFR, that might be able to confirm anything?

Forum Member

Haw anyone taken their Chief's interview yet? Can you shed some light as to what he asks? Thanks!

Forum Member

No clue...

Forum Member

No clue...
    Quickstangsvt302...Have you taken your interview this week yet?

Forum Member

this afternoon I will be meeting with Chief Forward.

Forum Member

this afternoon I will be meeting with Chief Forward.
    Nice good luck!

When he ask you "do you have any questions?"

Ask him is this the last week for Chief interviews?

Forum Member

LOL! Thanks. Yea, I'll see what I can do. Maybe find out how many they are looking to hire as well?

Forum Member

Just a heads up for all you doing the chiefs interview. I interviewed twice with the old chief and both times he asked the same exact questions. Its your general run-of-the-mill questions like "why do you want to be a firefighter" and "why this department."
    Its nothing too hard, just dont be too nervous. After the second time I interviewed, I moved on, but ended up turning down tampa in the end for a department closer to my house that called me sooner.
    Good luck! Tampa is an awesome department

Forum Member

Hiring in November, and Janaury/February. Pretty simple basic interview, I feel as though I did very well. I hope I'll get the opportunity to work for them, they seem like a top notch dept! Good luck to everyone waiting for that background call!
    Last edited by quickstangsvt302; 08-10-2010 at 01:29 PM.

Forum Member

I found out their looking to hire around 30 in September, and a total of 70-80 people from like July 2010-July 2011... roughly. Pretty simple basic interview, I feel as though I did very well. I hope I'll get the opportunity to work for them, they seem like a top notch dept! Good luck to everyone waiting for that background call!
    Good...glad to hear your interview went well. I heard last night that yesterday was the last of the interviews. Don't know for sure though.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FF101 View Post
    Good...glad to hear your interview went well. I heard last night that yesterday was the last of the interviews. Don't know for sure though.
    Yea, that sounds about right. I think the chief interviewed around 80 applicants or so from the three waves. I guess just sit back, and hope for a call...

Forum Member

Yea, that sounds about right. I think the chief interviewed around 80 applicants or so from the three waves. I guess just sit back, and hope for a call...
    Well guys I finally got a call today from a Capt. asking if I was still interested in employment. I'm pretty much pumped! Good luck to everyone!

Forum Member

congrats, and good luck!

Forum Member

I got the call from a Captain today as well! Onto the next round!!!

Forum Member

Congrats. Polygraph next?

Forum Member

more in depth background check, polygraph, psych eval, and medical. Hopefully all goes well!

Forum Member

I remember after they told me background, it was still a few weeks until they called me for my poly. Good luck

Forum Member

I got the call from a Captain today as well! Onto the next round!!!
    Awesome congrats! Did they tell you..you would start in Jan?

Forum Member

Yea I've heard the background takes 3-4 weeks, and the polygraph is about a month or so after. What the Capt told me, and how I interpreted it was how fast they move you through the process, and any hiccups etc is what class you might end up in. So in November, or January/Feb. Some people's background checks take longer than others. I got my TS/SCI clearence through the military, and it took about 6 months really in depth though.

Forum Member

Yea I've heard the background takes 3-4 weeks, and the polygraph is about a month or so after. What the Capt told me, and how I interpreted it was how fast they move you through the process, and any hiccups etc is what class you might end up in. So in November, or January/Feb. Some people's background checks take longer than others. I got my TS/SCI clearence through the military, and it took about 6 months really in depth though.
    I got a call a few days ago from TPD to take my poly. So I was able to scheduled a date.

Forum Member

Any news or updates?

Forum Member

I just got my call from TPD yesterday to schedule the polygraph. I was starting to get nervous as it was about a month since I had gotten a call from the Captain saying that the Chief approved of our interview and was pushing me forward (and that was 3 weeks after the Chief's interview too!)

Oh and I got an email from this HR person a little over 2 weeks ago stating:
    " Dear Applicant:

Reference is made to your application for FIREFIGHTER.

Your score is 70.

You have passed the Physical Abilities Test. Your name has been placed on the eligible list as of 08/17/2010.

Eligibility expires one year from the above date."

I was thinking WTF?! But I guess that'll be a SNAFU... hopefully that'll be the only one!

Oh dunno if it was mentioned: I asked the chief during his "any questions for us?" portion how many guys he was looking to put on. He said from then (august) til july of next year, approximately 70-80 guys. A hire in November and another in Jan/Feb. So that def gave me a big smile =)
    Last edited by sulu404; 09-04-2010 at 04:53 PM. Reason: updated

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 First ... 3456789 ... Last

Thread Information