Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast
    Forum Member

any news? How many are they looking to hire this year?

Forum Member

I just got a call from the Chief's secretary and my interview this week was bumped cause of a meeting the Chief has with the city council. So it'll be next week then. Can anyone shed any light on the chief's interview? I've heard it may be just a simple get to know you/will you play nice with others interview. I was expecting a more indepth panel type interview with questions but now I'm not sure. Also after thie chief's interview, expect about up to another 6-7months for the process? That's what I've seeing on previous posts...

As for how many they're hiring, the FF i spoke to when I toured a station said approximately 12 guys for now but more to come due to retirement/etc. So crossing my fingers!

Forum Member

I received the same call today, my chiefs interview was also bumped back another week. Only hiring around 12 FF's? I was hoping it would be more dang. Were on the third wave of chief interviews, so i'm hoping we all hear something, at least about a background within the next few weeks. I had read in previous posts they had a larger class starting in Sept/Oct, so i'm guessing maybe that would be the 12? I'm wondering if the people from this hiring round would be placed in that class, or another one later in the year? Good luck!

Forum Member

Well my coworker said he ran into a Tampa FF in Orlando this last weekend and that he said approx 22guys will be hired this time. But then again you know how it goes, you can't exactly trust it unless it's from the horse's mouth...

But anyways, does anyone know what the Chief's gonna ask?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by quickstangsvt302 View Post
    3rd week in July. Shoot me a message if you want.
    quickstangsvt302 just wanted to know how your interview went. I wasnt sure if you had it yet or not?

Forum Member

3rd week in July. Shoot me a message if you want.
    Has anyone else heard anything?

Forum Member

My chief's interview tomorrow, was bumped back a week due to chief Forward having another meeting to attend. So i'll be meeting with him next week. I had medic orientation today, and I talked with a girl who also had a chief's interview back awhile ago. She's still waiting to hear back. She said that Tampa passed another grant for hiring? So what she heard people from now, until the end of the year are gonna be hired periodically maybe? I don't know how true that is it's just hear say. SAFER grant from last year, and maybe retirements idk...waiting patiently
    Last edited by quickstangsvt302; 07-21-2010 at 02:05 PM.

Forum Member

My chief's interview tomorrow, was bumped back a week due to chief Forward having another meeting to attend. So i'll be meeting with him next week. I had medic orientation today, and I talked with a girl who also had a chief's interview back awhile ago. She's still waiting to hear back. She said that Tampa passed another grant for hiring? So what she heard people from now, until the end of the year are gonna be hired periodically maybe? I don't know how true that is it's just hear say. SAFER grant from last year, and maybe retirements idk...waiting patiently
    Wow yeah I'm sure he is busy. I wonder if you guys are the last interviews? (Next week that is) Like I said I heard they are hiring a class in Sept/Oct and one in Sept/Nov. Also hear say... Good luck on your interview.

Forum Member

Thanks. Yea i'm guessing next week, will be the last of the interviews for this group. I know some people that already got their "thanks, but no thanks" letters this week after their panel interview. October, and November sounds about right with this group, If you factor the background, poly, etc... Are they going to open station 22, the other New Tampa station this year? Anyone here work for TFR, that might be able to confirm anything?

Forum Member

Haw anyone taken their Chief's interview yet? Can you shed some light as to what he asks? Thanks!

Forum Member

No clue...

Forum Member

No clue...
    Quickstangsvt302...Have you taken your interview this week yet?

Forum Member

this afternoon I will be meeting with Chief Forward.

Forum Member

this afternoon I will be meeting with Chief Forward.
    Nice good luck!

When he ask you "do you have any questions?"

Ask him is this the last week for Chief interviews?

Forum Member

LOL! Thanks. Yea, I'll see what I can do. Maybe find out how many they are looking to hire as well?

Forum Member

Just a heads up for all you doing the chiefs interview. I interviewed twice with the old chief and both times he asked the same exact questions. Its your general run-of-the-mill questions like "why do you want to be a firefighter" and "why this department."
    Its nothing too hard, just dont be too nervous. After the second time I interviewed, I moved on, but ended up turning down tampa in the end for a department closer to my house that called me sooner.
    Good luck! Tampa is an awesome department

Forum Member

Hiring in November, and Janaury/February. Pretty simple basic interview, I feel as though I did very well. I hope I'll get the opportunity to work for them, they seem like a top notch dept! Good luck to everyone waiting for that background call!
    Last edited by quickstangsvt302; 08-10-2010 at 01:29 PM.

Forum Member

I found out their looking to hire around 30 in September, and a total of 70-80 people from like July 2010-July 2011... roughly. Pretty simple basic interview, I feel as though I did very well. I hope I'll get the opportunity to work for them, they seem like a top notch dept! Good luck to everyone waiting for that background call!
    Good...glad to hear your interview went well. I heard last night that yesterday was the last of the interviews. Don't know for sure though.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FF101 View Post
    Good...glad to hear your interview went well. I heard last night that yesterday was the last of the interviews. Don't know for sure though.
    Yea, that sounds about right. I think the chief interviewed around 80 applicants or so from the three waves. I guess just sit back, and hope for a call...

Forum Member

Yea, that sounds about right. I think the chief interviewed around 80 applicants or so from the three waves. I guess just sit back, and hope for a call...
    Well guys I finally got a call today from a Capt. asking if I was still interested in employment. I'm pretty much pumped! Good luck to everyone!

Thread Information