Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Talking Work as a Firefighter in Australia for a year

Hi, im currently seeking interest in a Firefighter exchange between Australia and the United states. I work as a firefighter in Brisbane, Australia and have approval to do a firefighter exchange with a firefighter in America. Exchange would commence in 2010 and would include swapping jobs, house and possible cars. The Queensland Fire and Rescue Service currently has exchanges with Canada, England and other countries in Europe.
    It is a great learning experience for both Firefighters, as well as the opportunity to live and see another country.
    Please contact me if you would like anymore information.
    thanks Rodney

Forum Member

Would you swap homes as well?

Forum Member

Yes you would! Swap homes/apartment and possible cars! Depending on cars, it can be sometimes easier to buy a cheap one that suits your needs when you arrive in the country and then sell it before you leave. Exchange would be for 12 months.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Swapping Jobs

Hey i was curious if you are still interested in swapping firefighting jobs? I work as a seasonal firefighter in California for CAL FIRE. I have been interested in working in Australia during my off season (your fire season) and i read your post stating you were looking for a potential job swap. I dont know how to go about geting the ball rolling on this but you seem to have more knowledge about this than myself. I would be willing to swap for 6 months to a year depending on the conditions of the swap. I work from June til Februdary typically during our fire season. If possible maybe we could work out a 6 month swap for both of us? I go there during my off season, and you come here for your off season? seeing as our seasons are exact opposites it would make for a perfect opportunity for both of us to have a place to live, a way to get around and get accquainted to the departments standard operations, and have a person who knows the areas.

If interested email me asap.... fireftr_76@sbcglobal.net

Hope to hear from you soon,
    Casey

Forum Member

Im still looking for an exchange, thanks for your reply and will email you direct.

Default firefighter in Pula airport

I am working as a firefighter on aiport and I have many years of experience.I read this anouncment and I am interested for this offer.I passed 3D firefighting with your expert from Brisbane .It was a great experience.I would like to know more about your unit. I am coming in Brisbane soon.Curently I work as chief deputy.For further information contact me on my e-mail

robertjohn@net.hr

Default job position

I have been trying to find some way to experience Australia Firefighting. I was just laidoff from the state of MA as a wildland firefighter for 4 years. I also work as a call firefighter on a structural fire department. My goal is to find either an internship type situation or maybe even find a seasonal/year-round employment. Do you think that you can help me?

Forum Member

Hey Robert, Im looking for more of an Urban Fire Department rather than an Airport Department. As my department will only accept an exchange from an Urban Fire Service. Thanks Anyway

Forum Member

Hey Ginger12, Im not sure about the rest of Australia, but in Queensland we dont really have any paid seasonal fire fighting work or internship. For this exchange to work, you would need to be a qualified Full time Urban Fire Fighter. As this is what is required by the QFRS. Thanks

Administrator

Default thread to close

Please be advised that due to no activity on this thread in the past 60 days, we will be closing the thread in a few days. Thank you for your participation in Firehouse.com forums.

Firehouse Web Manager

Forum Member

Hi Rocket! Did you ever find a firefighter to swap with? I have a friend in Arizona who is interested. Thanks!

Nan

Forum Member

Hey Nan, I havnt yet found a suitable swap at the moment. If you would like to email me on rshawken@hotmail.com we can talk about it more.
    cheers rod...

Forum Member

Default rocket 500

i am a fireman in england (plymouth) and am very interested in job swapping with someone like yourself maybe? job, house, life for 12 months.
    are you still looking to swap or is there any one else?

Forum Member

I know this doesnt have much to do with the topic..But , I am a Certified Fire fighter/Emt in Florida and Plan on getting my medic and Hazmat Tech. Would my Certs Transfer over in Australia if i wanted to persue a permanant Carreer there?
    Last edited by BgRobSmith; 08-24-2010 at 04:17 PM.

Forum Member

Anyone still interested in swappinp and coming to the state?

Forum Member

My family and I wish we could do something like this! I have looked around but have never seen any info on how to do something like this

Thread Information