Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience

View Poll Results: Was the teleprompter correct?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spoke for me & most Americans

    4 19.05%
  • Spoke for me but not most Americans

    1 4.76%
  • Did not speak for me put probably did for most Americans

    1 4.76%
  • Guy is totally full of BS

    15 71.43%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40
  1. #21
    Forum Member DaSharkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    4,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bones42 View Post
    In my area, Wind Turbine farms were proposed off the coast, about 12 miles out to sea. Groups are up in arms because it will interfere with the migration paths of birds, the wind turbines will look unsightly, and they will cause navigation problems for ships.

    Meanwhile, in the real world, birds learn to fly around objects, you can't see much that is currently 12 miles out at sea, and ships have these cool maps and radars that tell them to avoid permanent objects.
    We have the same issue here in Massachusetts with CapeWind. Who opposes it? The multimillionaires - including one Edward M. Kennedy, one Robert Kennedy, and one David McCullough - are against it because they might see the beacons on top of the turbines on a clear night.

    The hypocrates opposed to it have caused huge increases in cost because of the legal battles. Yet they claim to be for cleaner energy. Same twits that back "clean coal" and ethanol......both of which are complete crocks of shyte.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

    The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

    "No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

    "As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

    www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org


  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bones42 View Post
    In my area, Wind Turbine farms were proposed off the coast, about 12 miles out to sea. Groups are up in arms because it will interfere with the migration paths of birds, the wind turbines will look unsightly, and they will cause navigation problems for ships.

    Meanwhile, in the real world, birds learn to fly around objects, you can't see much that is currently 12 miles out at sea, and ships have these cool maps and radars that tell them to avoid permanent objects.
    They also proposed a wind farm off of Cape Cod, the Kennedys said NO. And around here. The Adirondack Park Agency will not allow any windmills because they will run the landscape. Kind of funny having a bunch of enviros against clean power. They want their cake and to eat too.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    We have the same issue here in Massachusetts with CapeWind. Who opposes it? The multimillionaires - including one Edward M. Kennedy, one Robert Kennedy, and one David McCullough - are against it because they might see the beacons on top of the turbines on a clear night.

    The hypocrates opposed to it have caused huge increases in cost because of the legal battles. Yet they claim to be for cleaner energy. Same twits that back "clean coal" and ethanol......both of which are complete crocks of shyte.
    Just another case of liberalism gone bad. But hey, look on the bright side, One Ted Kennedy is going to draft health care reform legislation. I can't see him doing any better with that than he did his Green Agenda or Mary Jo Kopechne

  4. #24
    Forum Member scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by idiotboy
    This is not a scientific poll and does not represent society as a whole. According to the Rassmussen poll his Strongly approve numbers have dropped and his strongly disapprove numbers have risen. Daily Presidential Tracking Poll

    I think the numbers on his speech were split 50-50. Personally, it's their battle, let them fight it out and may the best man win.
    idiotboy continues to cite the only poll that supports his skewed belief. This coming from a person who claims to research a topic before making an informed decision. Most other polls have Obama approval ratings in excess of 25 points and some in their 30's.

    One has to wonder who the Rasmussen Report is sampling. In the statistical world they'd be considered an outlier.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    idiotboy continues to cite the only poll that supports his skewed belief. This coming from a person who claims to research a topic before making an informed decision. Most other polls have Obama approval ratings in excess of 25 points and some in their 30's.

    One has to wonder who the Rasmussen Report is sampling. In the statistical world they'd be considered an outlier.
    Fine, then perhaps you will believe the Gallup organization
    Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

    Realize Rasmussen differentiated the "strongly" part. Gallup lumps them altogether. Rasmussen states the overall Approval rating is 58%, Gallup is 62%. So I have no idea where your 25% number is coming from. Even my source says that 36% strongly approve.

    Now let's see if you are man enough to admit you were wrong again or if you will dance on this one as well.

  6. #26
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Canuck Expat May be anywhere
    Posts
    2,906

    Default

    I look on American politics as an outsider, but really, can anyone show me what President Obama has DONE? Not great sound bites, but legislation with actual problem solving? I don't count borrowing from your great-grandchildrens future without any thought of the ramifications of putting your entire country into multi generational debt. He keeps going like he is, the US$ is going to be on a par with Zimbabwe pretty soon. old saying, " Bul**** talks but Action walks"

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanLoader View Post
    I look on American politics as an outsider, but really, can anyone show me what President Obama has DONE? Not great sound bites, but legislation with actual problem solving? I don't count borrowing from your great-grandchildrens future without any thought of the ramifications of putting your entire country into multi generational debt. He keeps going like he is, the US$ is going to be on a par with Zimbabwe pretty soon. old saying, " Bul**** talks but Action walks"
    He put a law in place to stop the crooked credit card practices.
    And........He doubled the debt in less than 1 year. He removed some Bush policies then quietly put hem back in place. Other than that....Notta.

    Hey, I have an idea. Let's start a new thread. Hot air from DC!!
    Last edited by ScareCrow57; 06-09-2009 at 12:18 PM.

  8. #28
    Forum Member scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by idiotboy
    Fine, then perhaps you will believe the Gallup organization
    Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

    Realize Rasmussen differentiated the "strongly" part. Gallup lumps them altogether. Rasmussen states the overall Approval rating is 58%, Gallup is 62%. So I have no idea where your 25% number is coming from. Even my source says that 36% strongly approve.

    Now let's see if you are man enough to admit you were wrong again or if you will dance on this one as well.
    Read and weep.

    Presidential Approval Ratings

    You got one part correct. You really do have no idea.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Read and weep.

    Presidential Approval Ratings

    You got one part correct. You really do have no idea.
    That says exactly what I said. Approvals are around 60% for all the polls One has to wonder if he will ever get to the 90% approval rating like Bush did.

  10. #30
    Forum Member DaSharkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    4,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    That says exactly what I said. Approvals are around 60% for all the polls One has to wonder if he will ever get to the 90% approval rating like Bush did.
    Bush was only there for a breif period after September 11, 2001. He lost it rapidly after that..........Oddly enough, as low as his rating numbers were, he was still higher than Congress'. Even after the almighty Dems "took control."
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

    The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

    "No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

    "As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

    www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

  11. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    Bush was only there for a breif period after September 11, 2001. He lost it rapidly after that..........Oddly enough, as low as his rating numbers were, he was still higher than Congress'. Even after the almighty Dems "took control."
    Interestingly, it stayed above 50% until after the second election. It also spiked to 75% when we invaded Iraq. Which is interesting in itself. At the time the American People where in favor, until the MSM started lying to us all.
    Historical Bush Approval Rating

  12. #32
    Forum Member FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    9,925

    Default

    Just like every other windbag politician of either party, this too shall pass.

    By the way, it is spelled naive, not nieve and hypocrite, not hypocrate.

    Just a couple of fun spelling words for all!!
    Last edited by FyredUp; 06-10-2009 at 02:23 PM.

  13. #33
    Forum Member gamewell35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raughammer1 View Post
    Spoke for me & most Americans..................... .................2 13.33%
    Spoke for me but not most Americans..................... .........1 6.67%
    Did not speak for me put probably did for most Americans....1 6.67%
    Guy is totally full of BS............................ .....................11 73.33%


    Obama's current numbers so far in this poll are not very supporting of his "historical mideast speech".

    Has anyone’s vopinion of our current president changed since November? Does anyone now hold a favorable view of the man who back in November did not vote for Barak? Has anyone who cast a vote for the president changed their opinion since then and now regrets that vote?

    If so, why?
    If you look at the numbers (15) its hardly representative of the people of the country. Actual polls are normally conducted using a cross section of the population; not a fire firefighters forum on some commercially owned website.
    "Did you check under the bed?" -- Judge Crater, 1930

  14. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Just like every other windbag politician of either party, this too shall pass.

    By the way, it is spelled naive, not nieve and hypocrite, not hypocrate.

    Just a couple of fun spelling words for all!!
    hypocrate. A large box designed to hold a Hippopotamus.

  15. #35
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,952

    Default

    I think the guy needs to be given a little bit of a chance. The guy's only been in office for not even 5 months!

    The current economic woes and much of the foreign issues have taken many years to get to the point that we're at, so they simply aren't going to be fixed quickly.

    Even if his polling numbers are around 60%, it's still significantly higher than Bush's numbers the last year or so of his term.

    Yes, some mistakes have happened, but that's to be expected since nobody's perfect. He may be ultimately responsible for the actions or inactions of his staff, but them making mistakes aren't the same thing as him making the mistakes himself.

  16. #36
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Greensboro, NC USA
    Posts
    1,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Read and weep.

    Presidential Approval Ratings

    You got one part correct. You really do have no idea.
    Hey libtard. How's that case going that proves the Iraq war cost $3,000,000,000,000.00?
    The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened. --Norman Mattoon Thomas, 6 time presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America

  17. #37
    Forum Member scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat
    Hey libtard. How's that case going that proves the Iraq war cost $3,000,000,000,000.00?
    Pretty good. I'm a lot closer in my claim than you are with yours.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  18. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FireMedic049 View Post
    I think the guy needs to be given a little bit of a chance. The guy's only been in office for not even 5 months!

    The current economic woes and much of the foreign issues have taken many years to get to the point that we're at, so they simply aren't going to be fixed quickly.

    Even if his polling numbers are around 60%, it's still significantly higher than Bush's numbers the last year or so of his term.

    Yes, some mistakes have happened, but that's to be expected since nobody's perfect. He may be ultimately responsible for the actions or inactions of his staff, but them making mistakes aren't the same thing as him making the mistakes himself.
    Yes imagine what he can do in 4 years when after just 5 months he doubled the national debt.

  19. #39
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Greensboro, NC USA
    Posts
    1,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Pretty good. I'm a lot closer in my claim than you are with yours.
    That article reads:

    "The U.S. wars in Iraq and Afghanistan could cost taxpayers a total of $2.4 trillion by 2017..."

    And now you resort to rolling the cost of a war in another county to pad your still incorrect figure. It's an estimate of two separate wars 8 years into the future. At least you're consistent with your propaganda.

    Just two months ago you said...
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Current allocations to the Iraq war are already in excess of $600B so your figure is your typically stupid nonsense.
    Nothing is more stupid than a liar who boasts a grossly exaggerated figure, then posts links that contradicts his own libtarded statements.

    Thanks for taking the time to prove yourself wrong again libtard.
    The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened. --Norman Mattoon Thomas, 6 time presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America

  20. #40
    Forum Member scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,131

    Default

    See response here.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts