View Poll Results: Was the teleprompter correct?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spoke for me & most Americans

4 19.05%
  • Spoke for me but not most Americans

1 4.76%
  • Did not speak for me put probably did for most Americans

1 4.76%
  • Guy is totally full of BS

15 71.43%
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Hot air from Cairo

President Obama’s big speech in Cairo yesterday June 4. Went to great effort to kiss (or more) the butt of the “arab world” and islam. Obvious by now President Obama is tragically nieve but was the President speaking for you? Was speaking the opinion of the majority of real/normal Americans?

Forum Member

Is it "nieve" to realize that it's a round world, and we have to be willing to open dialog with all nations (even ones with brown people?) Or is it more "nieve" to be ignorant ethnocentrists and view everyone who doesn't speak out language as enemies?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by neiowa View Post
    President Obama’s big speech in Cairo yesterday June 4. Went to great effort to kiss (or more) the butt of the “arab world” and islam. Obvious by now President Obama is tragically nieve but was the President speaking for you? Was speaking the opinion of the majority of real/normal Americans?
    Define real/normal Americans....
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGonzo View Post
    You beat me to it.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Quote Originally Posted by ActionGoose View Post
    Is it "nieve" to realize that it's a round world, and we have to be willing to open dialog with all nations (even ones with brown people?) Or is it more "nieve" to be ignorant ethnocentrists and view everyone who doesn't speak out language as enemies?
    Not crazy to view everyone as an enemy, just crazy to expect our country to accept everyone without learning our customs. And that means learning our language. If you go to Mexico and don't speak spanish don't expect them to cater to your every whim.

MembersZone Subscriber

You define it. Are you the normal mainstream American? Or is SC/Goose?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by neiowa View Post
    You define it. Are you the normal mainstream American? Or is SC/Goose?
    You brought it up... so what is your definition?
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

My favorite part was when he said that he did not have a problem with Iran having nuclear power for "domestic use". I think that's a great idea! What could possible go wrong there? I mean the state dept. still has Iran classified as a hostile terrorist state, but then what do they know. Good plan, a great speech, that's change you can believe in.

Good Luck
    Stay Safe
    Bull
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
    -WINSTON CHURCHILL

Forum Member

And there is the old tired and not true race/racist card from the left.

Gotta love it.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Banned

What is ignorant is for the United States to be forcing our will and form of government onto every nation in the world. What happens in the middle east is none of our business. What happens in Asia is none of our Business. Our only concern should be the United States and its people. No where in the constitution does it say we have to care for the general health and welfare of the world.

Forum Member

You brought it up... so what is your definition?

Someone who works to support himself and his/her family,doesn't expect the government to makee fixee fixee every little problem they have and someone who votes.
    I may or may not agree with them but everyone has the Right to disagree with me.It just doesn't mean that I have to change my views anymore than they have to in order to get along.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BULL321 View Post
    My favorite part was when he said that he did not have a problem with Iran having nuclear power for "domestic use". I think that's a great idea! What could possible go wrong there? I mean the state dept. still has Iran classified as a hostile terrorist state, but then what do they know. Good plan, a great speech, that's change you can believe in.

Good Luck
    Stay Safe
    Bull
    But he doesn't want there to be more US nuclear reactors,even to reduce greenhouse gases.You'd think 50+ years without a meltdown would be an enviable safety record.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    But he doesn't want there to be more US nuclear reactors,even to reduce greenhouse gases.You'd think 50+ years without a meltdown would be an enviable safety record.
    Obama is pushing for the Greenhouse Gas Tax. You thought energy prices were high under Bush, what until this one is done. It doesn't want clean air, he wants more taxes.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    The most important factor to remember is that just as alternative sources of fuel don’t become financially viable until the price of a barrel of oil goes through the roof, the viability of nuclear power in the US depends upon more conventional methods of generation becoming much more expensive than currently.

Until then it is a non-starter.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    The most important factor to remember is that just as alternative sources of fuel don’t become financially viable until the price of a barrel of oil goes through the roof, the viability of nuclear power in the US depends upon more conventional methods of generation becoming much more expensive than currently.

Until then it is a non-starter.
    The better question is why haven't the cost of these other methods come down? Why is there not more Hydro power? How about Wind power? What about Solar? Government interference has caused the price of nuclear to be out of reach.

Forum Member

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    What is ignorant is for the United States to be forcing our will and form of government onto every nation in the world. What happens in the middle east is none of our business. What happens in Asia is none of our Business. Our only concern should be the United States and its people. No where in the constitution does it say we have to care for the general health and welfare of the world.

Never have i disagreed with you more.
    Change We Can Believe In.

Forum Member

Question Poll numbers so far and a question.

Spoke for me & most Americans......................................2 13.33%
    Spoke for me but not most Americans..............................1 6.67%
    Did not speak for me put probably did for most Americans....1 6.67%
    Guy is totally full of BS................................................ .11 73.33%

Obama's current numbers so far in this poll are not very supporting of his "historical mideast speech".

Has anyone’s vopinion of our current president changed since November? Does anyone now hold a favorable view of the man who back in November did not vote for Barak? Has anyone who cast a vote for the president changed their opinion since then and now regrets that vote?

If so, why?
    Change We Can Believe In.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Raughammer1 View Post
    Never have i disagreed with you more.
    You are entitled to your opinion. I just think we need to sweep our own doorstep before we try to clean someone elses. Other nations have evolved ad have their own customs and way of life. It is not right for us to force our customs and way of life on them. Many have tried to rule the world and all have failed. We just need to mind our own business.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Raughammer1 View Post
    Spoke for me & most Americans......................................2 13.33%
    Spoke for me but not most Americans..............................1 6.67%
    Did not speak for me put probably did for most Americans....1 6.67%
    Guy is totally full of BS................................................ .11 73.33%

Obama's current numbers so far in this poll are not very supporting of his "historical mideast speech".

Has anyone’s vopinion of our current president changed since November? Does anyone now hold a favorable view of the man who back in November did not vote for Barak? Has anyone who cast a vote for the president changed their opinion since then and now regrets that vote?

If so, why?
    This is not a scientific poll and does not represent society as a whole. According to the Rassmussen poll his Strongly approve numbers have dropped and his strongly disapprove numbers have risen. Daily Presidential Tracking Poll

I think the numbers on his speech were split 50-50. Personally, it's their battle, let them fight it out and may the best man win.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    The better question is why haven't the cost of these other methods come down? Why is there not more Hydro power? How about Wind power? What about Solar? Government interference has caused the price of nuclear to be out of reach.
    In my area, Wind Turbine farms were proposed off the coast, about 12 miles out to sea. Groups are up in arms because it will interfere with the migration paths of birds, the wind turbines will look unsightly, and they will cause navigation problems for ships.

Meanwhile, in the real world, birds learn to fly around objects, you can't see much that is currently 12 miles out at sea, and ships have these cool maps and radars that tell them to avoid permanent objects.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bones42 View Post
    In my area, Wind Turbine farms were proposed off the coast, about 12 miles out to sea. Groups are up in arms because it will interfere with the migration paths of birds, the wind turbines will look unsightly, and they will cause navigation problems for ships.

Meanwhile, in the real world, birds learn to fly around objects, you can't see much that is currently 12 miles out at sea, and ships have these cool maps and radars that tell them to avoid permanent objects.
    We have the same issue here in Massachusetts with CapeWind. Who opposes it? The multimillionaires - including one Edward M. Kennedy, one Robert Kennedy, and one David McCullough - are against it because they might see the beacons on top of the turbines on a clear night.

The hypocrates opposed to it have caused huge increases in cost because of the legal battles. Yet they claim to be for cleaner energy. Same twits that back "clean coal" and ethanol......both of which are complete crocks of shyte.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bones42 View Post

They also proposed a wind farm off of Cape Cod, the Kennedys said NO. And around here. The Adirondack Park Agency will not allow any windmills because they will run the landscape. Kind of funny having a bunch of enviros against clean power. They want their cake and to eat too.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    We have the same issue here in Massachusetts with CapeWind. Who opposes it? The multimillionaires - including one Edward M. Kennedy, one Robert Kennedy, and one David McCullough - are against it because they might see the beacons on top of the turbines on a clear night.

The hypocrates opposed to it have caused huge increases in cost because of the legal battles. Yet they claim to be for cleaner energy. Same twits that back "clean coal" and ethanol......both of which are complete crocks of shyte.
    Just another case of liberalism gone bad. But hey, look on the bright side, One Ted Kennedy is going to draft health care reform legislation. I can't see him doing any better with that than he did his Green Agenda or Mary Jo Kopechne

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by idiotboy
    This is not a scientific poll and does not represent society as a whole. According to the Rassmussen poll his Strongly approve numbers have dropped and his strongly disapprove numbers have risen. Daily Presidential Tracking Poll

I think the numbers on his speech were split 50-50. Personally, it's their battle, let them fight it out and may the best man win.
    idiotboy continues to cite the only poll that supports his skewed belief. This coming from a person who claims to research a topic before making an informed decision. Most other polls have Obama approval ratings in excess of 25 points and some in their 30's.

One has to wonder who the Rasmussen Report is sampling. In the statistical world they'd be considered an outlier.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    idiotboy continues to cite the only poll that supports his skewed belief. This coming from a person who claims to research a topic before making an informed decision. Most other polls have Obama approval ratings in excess of 25 points and some in their 30's.

One has to wonder who the Rasmussen Report is sampling. In the statistical world they'd be considered an outlier.
    Fine, then perhaps you will believe the Gallup organization
    Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

Realize Rasmussen differentiated the "strongly" part. Gallup lumps them altogether. Rasmussen states the overall Approval rating is 58%, Gallup is 62%. So I have no idea where your 25% number is coming from. Even my source says that 36% strongly approve.

Now let's see if you are man enough to admit you were wrong again or if you will dance on this one as well.

Thread Information