Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    Forum Member

Thumbs down Sales Reps working the system

Recently a Fire Department in North Western CT bought a truck from Brand R.many manufacturers we have been told were shopped , budget numbers gotten , then bid.The truck committees information gatherer turns to have been working for the Brand R dealership out of MA.At a recent pre bid meeting that same party shows up to many of the manufactures surprise to push that Brand R product. Collusion, down right sleezy tactics to sell a apparatus, I do not think the Chief at the time in L ville Ct knew about it, he is a great guy, but Georgie put another one on another department, we all look for what is best, if we allow the reps to run their own department committees, we were told who will want to bid,or even sell a better product.Man up and walk away when your own department is looking.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DRAFTMASTER30 View Post
    Recently a Fire Department in North Western CT bought a truck from Brand R.many manufacturers we have been told were shopped , budget numbers gotten , then bid.The truck committees information gatherer turns to have been working for the Brand R dealership out of MA.At a recent pre bid meeting that same party shows up to many of the manufactures surprise to push that Brand R product. Collusion, down right sleezy tactics to sell a apparatus, I do not think the Chief at the time in L ville Ct knew about it, he is a great guy, but Georgie put another one on another department, we all look for what is best, if we allow the reps to run their own department committees, we were told who will want to bid,or even sell a better product.Man up and walk away when your own department is looking.
    Crap....at the least he should remove himself from the committee.

Quote Originally Posted by ffmedic20 View Post
    Crap....at the least he should remove himself from the committee.
    He never should have been placed on the committee to begin with.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

If you want to hear about my experiance with Dealer Y in MA give me a call...........Its common knowledge that dealer Y has a Rep in L Ville / S Bury So I am not sure what your bitch is. This happens all the time. Is it right? maybe they were low bid?

Forum Member

Thumbs down

low bid or not it's still b.s.

Forum Member

I have to agree with Eagle. I have a hard time believing the other salesmen didn't know this guy was a salesman for brand R. These guys are often going after the same trucks and attend many pre-bid meetings / bid openings together. More than likely, this is not the first time they've ran into each other.

Now, whether this guy should have been on the committee or not is another issue. I will say that from being on committee's previously, you usually turn to the member in your department that has the most experience whether it be building a truck or building a station. If I'm building a station and I just happen to have a contractor or architect on my department - I'm going to seek their expertise.

As for building a truck, this is really not much different then my department contacting the Pierce dealer to come in and help us write our specs. Without a doubt, our dealer is going to write things in the specs that only they can do just so others will have to take exception to it. For the most part, it's the same thing as mentioned here and believe it or not.....it happens all the time and I'm sure many on this board are guilty of it!

On the other hand, I know there are many who do things the right way and I commend them for taking the time of thoroughly researching what they need as well as being open and fare.

MembersZone Subscriber

Uh oh, I think I know who Brand R is!!!! Those sneaky suckers!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RedBaronl32 View Post
    Uh oh, I think I know who Brand R is!!!! Those sneaky suckers!!!!
    Yeah, those sneaky suckers....shame on him/them for having someone on the inside.....*cough cough*
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Thread Information