Thread: 12 or 14

Forum Member

Default 12 or 14

Getting ready to purchase a couple of rotary saws. We've used 12 inch for as long as I can remember. Is there any real advantage (or disadvantage) to going with 14 inch saws?

We plan on setting one up with a composite, metal-cutting blade, and the other with a Warthog. I have heard that the Warthog performs better on a 14, because there is more room for the chips to clear, and the guard doesn't clog as fast. Has anyone found this to be true?

Anyway - let me know what you think, and what your experiences have been. Thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

We changed from 12 to 14 inchs on our rotary saw as we got a blade similiar to the Warthog and it was ro the reasons you stated plus the baldes only came in a 14 inch size so we changed blade guards and have been happy since. Got rid of the composite blades all together on our saws as the other blade cuts thru everything and you don't have to worry about all the problems that composite blades have.Ex wearing donw quickly, breaking, etc.

Forum Member

another inch of cutting depth? ill take an extra inch of depth anywhere can get it...

(waits for the flood gates to open)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LeatherHed4Life View Post
    another inch of cutting depth? ill take an extra inch of depth anywhere can get it...

(waits for the flood gates to open)

...I always thought that the kerf mattered more.....
    The opinions expressed in this post are well-reasoned and insightful. Needless to say, they are not the opinions of the government that I work for.

Thread Information