Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    Not going to say anything else.

It really didn't look like they were actually all that aggressive. Tactics seemed pretty reasonable. Doesn't really apply to us anyways as all we have are a few strip malls ... no taxpayers.

Only reason I commented was that I was mentioned .... without ever making a comment on the thread before that.
    So we will add taxpayers to the list of things you seemingly know nothing about.

For once, it would show a level of professionalism we have yet to see from you if you acknowledged your limitations from the onset BEFORE you criticize others, rather than acknowledging them only during what is your all too familair backpedaling.

So you don't have taxpayers. Then why on earth would you think you are equipped to enter a discussion regarding the tactics used to put them out when they are on fire?

Again, this is the root of most, if not all, of your friction on here.

When we discuss EMS or grass on fire, please feel free to enter the discussion since that seems to be what you do.

The problem arises when you are critical of EVERYONE and EVERY TACTIC yet the moment someone calls you to task on your words you retreat by saying that you "don't even have that type of building" or that you "have never done that tactic".

Much like the fireground, know your own limitations. Clearly you have overestimated your abilities and your knowledge.

Forum Member

Judging by my experience in that section of the city, they saved the block.

You have no idea how to fight fires in that type of occupancy so do not even start to try to tell anyone how you would have done it.

George and Jakes ...

Interestingly enough, I didn't plan on making any comments. However, George, you dragged me into it bringing me up by name. without me making a single post.

I had no plans to make any comments until good ole George decided to use this forum to attack me.

As I stated in my last post, we don't have taxpayers, and never will.

That being said, I'm sure that working a structure in a taxpayer in similar to the operations in a strip mall and Main St. street front 2-3 story side by side residential over commercial structures, which I have dealt with many times. My observations are as a valid as anyone else outside of NYC on this type of structure.

Ya don't want my comments ... Don't mention me in a thread I obviously didn't have enough interest to post in. It's really very simple.

Forum Member

You have no idea how to fight fires in that type of occupancy so do not even start to try to tell anyone how you would have done it.

George and Jakes ...

Interestingly enough, I didn't plan on making any comments. However, George, you dragged me into it bringing me up by name. without me making a single post.
    Actually, he didn't even mention you in his post, just where you live.

I had no plans to make any comments until good ole George decided to use this forum to attack me.
    In my opinion, it wasn't an attack.

That being said, I'm sure that working a structure in a taxpayer in similar to the operations in a strip mall and Main St. street front 2-3 story side by side residential over commercial structures, which I have dealt with many times. My observations are as a valid as anyone else outside of NYC on this type of structure.
    I'll give you that you're entitled to your own opinion and the ability to voice it as much as anyone else outside of NYC, but I'm hestitant to concede that your observations are valid or even as valid as anyone elses.

Ya don't want my comments ... Don't mention me in a thread I obviously didn't have enough interest to post in. It's really very simple.
    Right, because you obviously don't have the ability to not take the bait and keep silent.

MembersZone Subscriber

"As I stated in my last post, we don't have taxpayers, and never will.

That being said, I'm sure that working a structure in a taxpayer in similar to the operations in a strip mall and Main St. street front 2-3 story side by side residential over commercial structures, which I have dealt with many times. My observations are as a valid as anyone else outside of NYC on this type of structure. "

Main St. 2-3 story over commercial space, um isnt that the definition of a tax-payer?

Forum Member

I was at this job. First due did an amazing job Eng 95 and Lad 36. The store was HUGE, 100 feet deep, it felt like the aisles went for days! Fire appeared to start in the front of the store and was contained to the rolls of TP and the stock up front. Usually these go to 4th or 5th alarms. Our Div Commander did a story on the last 99Cent store fire 40 blocks south of this one, the outcome of that one was not as good.

MembersZone Subscriber

George and Jakes ...

A taxpayer is not a strip mall and they are not similar.

There are taxpayers all over the country. NYC taxpayers are not special.

I didn't want your comments. I was making fun of you.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyirons2 View Post
    I was at this job. First due did an amazing job Eng 95 and Lad 36. The store was HUGE, 100 feet deep, it felt like the aisles went for days! Fire appeared to start in the front of the store and was contained to the rolls of TP and the stock up front. Usually these go to 4th or 5th alarms. Our Div Commander did a story on the last 99Cent store fire 40 blocks south of this one, the outcome of that one was not as good.
    Dollar stores are friggin' nightmares. There is no limit to what they will sell.

What was the O&C of this fire?

Forum Member

I didnt get to see the Marshal's as we took up before they arrived. Ill see if I can find out for you. I believe it was accidental in nature as it was reported at 4am, way beyond normal business hours.

MembersZone Subscriber

Grad vid, thanks for posting Fred!

We even have these taxpayers in the "old-town" section of the cities around here.

Forum Member

Main St. 2-3 story over commercial space, um isnt that the definition of a tax-payer

Probably is but was never referred to as a taxpayer in VT. Just not a term we used.

Wow. Thanks for telling me. I never knew.

Again, you decided to mention me - unless of course it was that "other" Bossier Parish we talk so much about. Keep my name out of threads I have no real interest in and I probably won't post in them. We have a ton of dollor stores in our district and first due mutual aid areas, but, we don't have the resources of the FDNY, so this thread really had little to offer me and I had little interest, until you decided that you needed to mention me.

MembersZone Subscriber

Main St. 2-3 story over commercial space, um isnt that the definition of a tax-payer

Probably is but was never referred to as a taxpayer in VT. Just not a term we used.

Wow. Thanks for telling me. I never knew.

Again, you decided to mention me - unless of course it was that "other" Bossier Parish we talk so much about. Keep my name out of threads I have no real interest in and I probably won't post in them. We have a ton of dollor stores in our district and first due mutual aid areas, but, we don't have the resources of the FDNY, so this thread really had little to offer me and I had little interest, until you decided that you needed to mention me.
    Hmmm. In re-reading my post, I never mentioned your name. Oh well.

And you have little to offer this thread.

And to be clear, I never mentioned you.

Forum Member

Not going to say anything else.
    Just stop, you lying troll.

Forum Member

Really?? Is it that easy? That's all it takes for you to never comment again?
    For the love of humanity, everyone please stop mentioning the troll!

Forum Member

Keep my name out of threads I have no real interest in and I probably won't post in them.
    How about if YOU stop posting in threads about topics YOU know NOTHING about (pretty much anything having to do with firefighting) and we will stop posting your name anywhere else.......
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Actually, I think I'll post wherever I want.

Originally, it wasn't in this one.

Forum Member

[B].

Again, you decided to mention me - unless of course it was that "other" Bossier Parish we talk so much about. Keep my name out of threads I have no real interest in and I probably won't post in them.

If this thread was of so little interest to you, why were you reading it in the first place?

Forum Member

jakes ...

The video was interesting but given the amount of manpower and resorces on scene v. our mapower and resources, the operations were so different that there was no point in getting involved in the discussion as it would be apples v. oranges ... until George decided to draw me in.

Oh that's right. He was trying to draw that other guy who posts from Bossier Parish in.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    What was the O&C of this fire?
    What's O&C?
    Logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead.

Forum Member

Origin and Cause

Forum Member

jakes ...

The video was interesting but given the amount of manpower and resorces on scene v. our mapower and resources, the operations were so different that there was no point in getting involved in the discussion as it would be apples v. oranges ... until George decided to draw me in.

Oh that's right. He was trying to draw that other guy who posts from Bossier Parish in.

If you readily admit that the "resources, manpower and operations are so different that there was no point in getting involved in the discussion", then I am wondering why you felt it was necessary to criticize the operation in the video.

Whether you were "drawn in" or not, it doesn't mean that you are now in a position to criticize operations you clearly admit that you don't fully understand in the first place.

You just can't help yourself. If your issue is the fact that you were mentioned, then post about that fact.

But as usual, you throw the jab about a particular tactic, department or operation and when called on to be accountable for your words, you backpedal and retreat.

The frequency in which you do this is alarming. Either you have no real opinions. Or you have no real balls. I am starting to think you lack both.

Forum Member

Fred,thanks for posting this. NICE job! Who filmed it? T.C.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyirons2 View Post
    Origin and Cause
    Tanks.

4characters
    Logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead.

Forum Member

Jakes ...

Honestly it doesn't matter what you think.

If you don't like my opinions, disregard them. I'm sure you already do as I generally disregard yours.

My opinions are based on my belief system about what is right and wrong. Yours are based on the same thing.

Life works well if you just know how to deal with others.

Forum Member

Jakes ...

Honestly it doesn't matter what you think.

If you don't like my opinions, disregard them. I'm sure you already do as I generally disregard yours.

My opinions are based on my belief system about what is right and wrong. Yours are based on the same thing.

Life works well if you just know how to deal with others.

I absolutely disgregard your opinions about firefighting as I have yet to see a thread of credibility in anything that you say lately. Each time you are pressed to clarify your point or rationalize your words, you fail to do so and hide behind some nonsense about your location.

Any validity to anything you might have to offer is mired in the fact that you consistently attack, criticize, backpedal and repeat.

But I am free to hold you accountable to your words as long as you are going to offer them in these forums.

And if you truly "generally disregard" my opinions, why do you find it necessary to counter everything I say to you?

Forum Member

absolutely disgregard your opinions about firefighting as I have yet to see a thread of credibility in anything that you say lately. Each time you are pressed to clarify your point or rationalize your words, you fail to do so and hide behind some nonsense about your location.

Fact is, all tactics are based on location.

Structure age and type. Occupancy trends. Density. And yes, how likley people are to be in abondoned structures and typical indicators of occupancy in residental structures.

Resources. Training. Water supply. Access to mutual aid. Experience. response times. Station proximity. They are again, all local factors.

It has nothing to do with nonsense. It's called knowing and how you operate based on your local area.

Thread Information