MembersZone Subscriber

Default Medical First Responder supply grant

Anyone know of a grant that I can use (other than AFG) to buy O2 tanks/regulators, basic trauma kits, and possibly AED's?

We have more First Responders, but no equipment for them. With 200 square miles, they carry their gear in their vehicles and respond directly to the scene.

MembersZone Subscriber

I wish I knew of something, myself. Trying to figure out how to get a cardiac monitor or two.

At one time I had some info on what looked like an AFG for EMS, but I haven't heard jack about it in quite some time.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    I wish I knew of something, myself. Trying to figure out how to get a cardiac monitor or two.

At one time I had some info on what looked like an AFG for EMS, but I haven't heard jack about it in quite some time.
    Hang in there, rumor has it that it is going through some final changes at DHS and will be coming forth soon. No real details yet.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

don''t tell my wife this info, that is all I need is another program to apply for and antoher reason to sit infront of the . I will be secretly waiting to hear more, thanks for the info

Forum Member

Talking

Have you tried local foundations and corporate giving programs in your area?
    I have been very sucessful in getting AED's for all our EMT's funded by a couple of different local entities over the course of six years. I also worked a good deal with our Zoll sales rep to lock in a price on them. Perhaps your local hospital might help with O2 kits also as they will be recieving the patients you treat. Never know until you ask! Jump bags are minimal $$ each. $40 for the bag & about $75 to stock them with bandaging sam splint, stethoscope,BP cuff
    and other necessities. Check with boundtree for some grant assistance on them.

MembersZone Subscriber

We have tried some. Our local hospital advises they have no funds. Our regional hospitals provide limited equipment to departments where their ambulance services operate - which is not us.

40 for a bag, and 75 for stock gets real steep for our measly 6500 a year budget to run the entire department.

One of our regional recieveing hospitals does have some really nice 02 bottles on each wheelchair, with really nice hardened regulators - and they leave them in a corral right next to the parking garage, but I suspect that the county jail does not have internet for the inmates so I pass on them....

Boundtree?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by LVFD301 View Post
    We have tried some. Our local hospital advises they have no funds. Our regional hospitals provide limited equipment to departments where their ambulance services operate - which is not us.

40 for a bag, and 75 for stock gets real steep for our measly 6500 a year budget to run the entire department.

One of our regional recieveing hospitals does have some really nice 02 bottles on each wheelchair, with really nice hardened regulators - and they leave them in a corral right next to the parking garage, but I suspect that the county jail does not have internet for the inmates so I pass on them....

Boundtree?
    Where are you at? In Tennessee you can go thru the Govenor's Highway Safety Office for a grant for 1st responder stuff.

MembersZone Subscriber

Missouri....

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Boundtree Medical Supply. www.boundtreemedical.com

Not sure what they're doing with grants help, for one that section of the web site hasn't been updated since 2005. Plus direct vendor assistance by employees of the vendor is seen as a conflict of interest in all federal programs now. Not sure if they still are doing it for private foundations or not.

Forum Member

Talking

another source might be available through your local national guard unit. They often have surplus medical bags or packs and might be able to help with supplies through the local D-Mat organization. Can't hurt to give them a call.

Boundtree will give some help with foundation grants and others for equipment and supplies. They also give us a discount on our purchases from them that is around 20% off catalog list $ as we formed a local purchasing group through our EMS region. Sure helps stretch the budget dollars.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by WJVaughn View Post
    Where are you at? In Tennessee you can go thru the Govenor's Highway Safety Office for a grant for 1st responder stuff.
    I did not know this. Who do I contact for this? Any certain person or program?

MembersZone Subscriber

jbailey, you may try to contact Dennis Parker at Tennessee Tech University in Cookeville. I know they just recieved a grant for the first responder class, we had some members from our county department's go through it. Don't know how much he can help, but it may be a start.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonco500 View Post
    jbailey, you may try to contact Dennis Parker at Tennessee Tech University in Cookeville. I know they just recieved a grant for the first responder class, we had some members from our county department's go through it. Don't know how much he can help, but it may be a start.
    I have a request in this year for the same thing. If it goes thru as written I will have stuff to start everyone in the class with a small kit if they pass.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks guys for the info. I will see what I can do.

Forum Member

Smile

LV
    Have you been to Mo Dept of Conservation Office at Lebanon? They have a lot of basic 1st responder supplies (FREE). Contact your local conservation rep before you go.

MembersZone Subscriber

We have gotten some compresses from them, and gloves (that were so old they split as soon as put on)

No 02 equipment which is a pressing need.

Thread Information