Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread

Thread: ALF Part

Default ALF Part

Anyone know where parts can be obtained from for a ALF truck? Our windshield wiperon the right side of the truck has been broken for almost a year now and everyone says we can not get parts for it...

What year and model is your ALF?

1. What year/model ALF??? I am assuming here you are referring to a Century or a 900 Series, or maybe even older.

2. Take it to a NAPA or **any good, old-fashioned** auto parts place. Plunk it down on the counter and tell the **experienced** parts guy behind the counter (not the new kid) "I want one of this." DO NOT TELL THEM WHAT IT CAME OFF OF. This will only complicate matters. Don't go to AutoZone or any of the other "chain" places.

Chances are, it is a standard wiper arm, one that the parts guy can look up in the book.

If you still can't get it, PM me, and I can probably get a used one for you.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dday05 View Post
    Anyone know where parts can be obtained from for a ALF truck? Our windshield wiperon the right side of the truck has been broken for almost a year now and everyone says we can not get parts for it...
    You can bet that ALF did not make that part. Nor was it custom designed and made just for them. For only a couple of hundred trucks a year, it just isn't cost effective to make special parts unless there's no other way to achieve what you are trying to do.

It's almost a certainty that it's someone's off-the-shelf part. Someone other than ALF uses the same part. The trick will be to identify it. Best bet, take it out, see if you can see who made it. Contact them, see if they can help you. Or, take it around to various truck dealers or truck parts houses. Associated Truck Parts, CCC Heavy Duty Parts, TransAxle Corp. are some names that come to mind. Someone, somewhere has it. You just need to figure out who.

FWDbuff's advice is also well taken. NAPA has a good stock of generic stuff if it is still in common use. It's a good chance that it is. As Buff says, just take it to them and ask them to give (get) you one like it. There are other parts businesses that specialize in old/odd stuff.

Stay safe out there, everyone goes home!
    Last edited by chiefengineer11; 06-15-2009 at 02:08 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

My memory may be off, but I recall someone at ALF telling us that many of the standard cab parts could be found at a local Jeep dealer? (good luck finding them)

MembersZone Subscriber

Default wiper motor

Sprague is a long time manufactuer of wiper motors. Odds are good that it is one of theirs.

MembersZone Subscriber mtnfireguy's Avatar

Remove wiper, replace truck.......

Sorry.... couldnt help myself. But next year I will give the wipers off of our ALF when it goes away.
    Buckle Up, Slow Down, Arrive Alive
    "Everybody Goes Home"

IACOJ 2003

Quote Originally Posted by mtnfireguy View Post
    Remove wiper, replace truck.......

Sorry.... couldnt help myself. But next year I will give the wipers off of our ALF when it goes away.
    Why not just give me the whole ALF?
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Wink Wipers

Try the local Freightliner dealer. ALF used mostly Freightliner parts on their chassis.

Forum Member

Try your local Freightliner dealer. ALF used all Freightliner parts.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by dday05 View Post

I am familar with the truck that dday is refering to. It is a 2003 eagle series custom.

Thread Information