Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Possible Grant Source

The Obama admin is blowing a gazillion $ on "solving" the "global warming" myth. This includes diesel pollution reduction grants to every state. FD may be able to creatively use these $.

In Iowa the $ go to our Dept of Natural Resources. Can fund a wide variety of "technologies"

For example:
    Reduction $ could be such as the Wards NoSmoke (which may or may not actually do all that much).
    To reengine - replace the old Detroit V72/92 with a modern engine (could use this ourseleves)

Both of these would be an alternative to a exhaust extractor thru FG. A new engine (with multiplex etc) might be an useful option for that 1985 pumper.

Program also has option of vehicle replacement. Perhaps req$ to replace that nasty old polluting pumper with a nice clean new unit?

A waste of $ probably. It's Obama and leftist. But they are determined to blow the $. Maybe could use to help your FD

http://www.iowadnr.gov/air/RIDE/index.html

MembersZone Subscriber WJVaughn's Avatar

That's creative thinking...

MembersZone Subscriber

WJVAUGHN, sounds like we need to holler at Bredesen about this?? I contacted Lincoln Davis about the AFG funding cuts through direct email and my local state Rep who is a career firefighter. Anybody heard anything on that?

MembersZone Subscriber

If they're determined to blow the money, we may as well try to get our share if we can.

I'm going to have to see if I can figure out who in our state handles this kind of thing.

MembersZone Subscriber jacksonco500's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mcfdrichey25 View Post
    WJVAUGHN, sounds like we need to holler at Bredesen about this?? I contacted Lincoln Davis about the AFG funding cuts through direct email and my local state Rep who is a career firefighter. Anybody heard anything on that?
    Let me know what you guys find out on this subject. It would be very nice to have a no smoke on our trucks, all but one have the old Detroit motors and everybody knows that they would never blow off any smoke at all

Forum Member

Has anybody identified who on the congressional committes are involved with FEMA? DHS? I'm sure it wouldn't take much searching, but am interested if anyone here already knows. Also if they've had any communication with them and what their response was. As before I believe my senators and represenatives are ready to put a block on my emails to them. Figure I might as well go out of state.

Thread Information