Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Question Electrical Fire Prevention Product

A new product has hit the market, and I wanted to get some feedback from everyone about it. The new product is a fire-prevention outlet, it's the first of it's kind, and what it does is it's able to detect abnormal heat from within the electrical outlet circuit, with multiple sensors that are within the outlet itself . Once the abnormal temperatures are detected, this device is able to trip out the circuit and shut it off.

A product like this is a great safety device that people would want within their home and/or office. With a device that is able to prevent potential electrical fires, it can save lives, property, as well as homes.

Really interesting product. The company that makes this product is called BSafe Electrix, has anyone heard about this company/product?

Quote Originally Posted by JackieT23 View Post
    A new product has hit the market, and I wanted to get some feedback from everyone about it. The new product is a fire-prevention outlet, it's the first of it's kind, and what it does is it's able to detect abnormal heat from within the electrical outlet circuit, with multiple sensors that are within the outlet itself . Once the abnormal temperatures are detected, this device is able to trip out the circuit and shut it off.

A product like this is a great safety device that people would want within their home and/or office. With a device that is able to prevent potential electrical fires, it can save lives, property, as well as homes.

Really interesting product. The company that makes this product is called BSafe Electrix, has anyone heard about this company/product?
    No, and most of us on here really don't care for the unsolicited advertising (SPAM) either. You should read the TERMS OF SERVICE before you post something like this in the future.

That being said, as a Code Enforcement Official, I ask:
    1. Has it been tested an approved by UL, CSA, ASTM, or any other accredited testing agency?

2. Has it received approval for use (by either any of the above methods or via a legacy report issued) as required by the International Electrical Code/2006 and/or the International Residential Code/2006?

If not, I am not interested in the product. Once it has received the above approvals, I will consider reviewing the product.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Thread Information