Forum Member
    Brett Hill- Founder/Ret. FFPM & Local 3657 President
    9/11 Patch Project
    24307 Magic Mountain Pkwy, Ste 326
    Valencia, CA 91355
    http://www.9-11patchproject.org

Default 9-11-11

Every year Nike sponsors the NYC Half Marathon. I am proposing that in 2011, change the date for Sept. 11, 2011, and run down Broadway ending at Liberty Street IFO the WTC site.
    Use this link to see the proposed route.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sadd...6&ie=UTF8&z=15

I have reached out to the 9/11 orphans fund, as one of the charities that this run could donate some proceeds to.

http://www.ttof.org/

If this is an Idea that Nike would be interested in persuing, I would appreciate any assistance Firehouse could give me in making this a reality. Nike is the corporate sponsor of the NYC half marathon, and the New York Road Runners (www.nyrr.org) are the organization that manage the race itself. If the operators of this web site would reach out to them, I would be on hand to help.
    Thank You.

Tommy McInnis, NYC EMT and 9/11 first responder.

Permanently Removed

Brent- You need to post that info at California Firefighter.com- www.californiafirefighter.com

Forum Member

would appreciate any assistance Firehouse could give me in making this a reality. Nike is the corporate sponsor of the NYC half marathon, and the New York Road Runners are the organization that manage the race itself.
    ---------------------------------------
    cissp questions and answers citrix certification

Forum Member

Default September 11th Tribute Song/Video

In honor of those who made the ultimate sacrifice, We have composed a music/video tribute to the victims and heroes of 911. It is titled “When the Towers Rise Again”. The purpose of the song is not to look back to that September day, but to look forward to the time when a new monument to Freedom and Life will rise from the foundation of souls whose lives were taken and given in Sacrifice.....we invite you to view it on YouTube at the link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBKiyKGdjwo

I hope you find it to be a fitting tribute.

God Bless America!
    Reverend Anthony Siino
    www.towersrise.com

Forum Member

There will be a tribute/parade/rememberance August 20th in Mayfield, NY at the Bannertown Fair.....invitations going out throughout NYS - if anyone would like info I will pass it along!

Forum Member

Default Harley Davidson Riders

Hello, Just looking to see if anyone is aware of anyone organizing a ride to NYC. I live in Northern BC, Canada(Terrace) and I and a few others are planning to ride our Harleys out for the 911 events. Just wondering if anything formal is being set up or who would be a good contact for info

Thanks
    Bill

Forum Member

There is a run out of Upstate NY - I have the contact info at work, you can send me a PM to reming me to send it to you!

Forum Member

Default 10 Yr 9/11 Anniversary Manhattan to Manhattan Tour

(MANHATTAN BEACH, CA) April 2nd , 2011– At noon on January 25th of this year, the creators of the 9/11 Rose Float, recently featured in the Pasadena Tournament of Roses Parade, passed the “WE WILL NEVER FORGET” torch to the FireCareers.com-9/11 Patch Project bus which has embarked on a 9 month U.S. tour to spread awareness of the 10 Year Anniversary of 9/11 and raise funds through the sale of specially designed patches, decals and flags.

Manhattan Beach Fire Department, a long time supporter of the 9/11 Patch Project, hosted the event in front of their own 9/11 Memorial, which features two 15-foot tall steel beams from the WTC. Acting Chief Shuck, initially purchased the 9/11 Patches for his members who have worn them on their informs for nearly a decade. The 9/11 Patches are worn on their uniforms as a sign of unity among all firefighters and to pay tribute to the fellow firefighters lost on that tragic day. Some members of the Manhattan Beach Fire Department, responded to Ground Zero in the days that followed 9/11 to lend their support.

From Manhattan on the West Coast to Manhattan on the East Coast, the bus will make hundreds of stops along the way at fire departments, conventions and other special events to sell the 10 Year 9/11 Anniversary items. The net proceeds gathered from the sale of the special merchandise will be donated in Manhattan, on September 11th, 2011, to the FDNY Bravest Scholarship Fund, the Terry Farrell Firefighters Fund and the Feal Good Foundation. To date, the bus has already visited fire departments in California, Arizona, Nevada, Utah and Idaho.

The 9/11 Rose Float ushered in Day-1 of the 10 Year Anniversary of 9/11 in its’ historical entry into this past Pasadena Tournament of Roses Parade in Pasadena. The float represented and honored those who gave their lives nearly 10 years ago on 9/11 from Flight 93, the Pentagon and the World Trade Centers. Also, on the float, were two enlarged versions of the 9/11 Patch Project’s 10 Year 9/11 Anniversary Patches
    FireCareers.com, established in 1982, is one of the nation’s largest entry-level firefighter recruit services owned by recently retired Captain Craig Freeman. Freeman and his wife are currently touring the nation to make potential fire recruits aware of their company and also, recruit fire departments to wear the special commemorative patches through it’s partnership with the 9/11 Patch Project. The special bus is wrapped with fire scenes and the front of the bus bears a giant image of one of the 10 Year 9/11 Anniversary Patches. The bus will make hundreds of stops across the U.S. selling patches and decals, asking fire departments along the way to wear one of the projects patches for the entire year 2011 and beyond. All net proceeds will be donated at the end of their journey in Manhattan on or around 9/11/11.

9/11PatchProject.org was established in December of 2001, to remember all those who gave their lives on 9/11, to create unity among all emergency service personnel and raise funds for related non-profit organizations. To date, over 6000 organizations in 22 countries participate in the project. A San Diego company called Pacific Sportswear & Emblem professionally produces the patches. The patches are sold for $5.95 each and can be ordered directly from the website at: http://www.9-11patchproject.org
    Last April, the 9/11 Patch Project was endorsed by the FDNY Uniformed Fire Officers Association (UFOA), who made the following statement, "IAFF Local 854,Uniformed Fire Officers Association, NYC, is proud to support the 9-11 Patch project. The memory of those who made the supreme sacrifice in the performance of duty will never be forgotten. We would like to thank the 9-11 Patch Project for its support of the Bravest Scholarship Fund." UFOA President, Al Hagan.

Brett Hill- Founder/Ret. FFPM & Local 3657 President
    9/11 Patch Project
    24307 Magic Mountain Pkwy, Ste 326
    Valencia, CA 91355

Banned

Default Replica Handbags And Shoes

From Manhattan on the West Coast to Manhattan on the East Coast, the bus will make hundreds of stops along the way at fire departments, conventions and other special events to sell the 10 Year 9/11 Anniversary items. The net proceeds gathered from the sale of the special merchandise will be donated in Manhattan, on September 11th, 2011, to the FDNY Bravest Scholarship Fund, the Terry Farrell Firefighters Fund and the Feal Good Foundation. To date, the bus has already visited fire departments in California, Arizona, Nevada, Utah and Idaho.Replica Handbags And Shoes

Thread Information