Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BryanLoader View Post
    Seems to me the Iraqu child who was burned was sponsored by a charitable group in the US but I might be wrong. I have no idea on the cojoined twins, I beieve there are a number of organizations who do sponsor and pay for people to come to the US for special operations. There is no question US has extremely good medical providers and hospitals. Only problem is that most people simply can't afford to use it. As far as comparison between India and Alberta, I have no idea where you are going with that. Sources for this are many, I used info from WHO as well as Wikipedia and kff.org. Check for yourself. There is something wrong with the system
    I value your discussion and arguments. You donít denigrate yourself to name calling or little snippets. You provide fact and logic.

What is needed in the discussion is an objective look. Clearly the World Health Organization cannot provide such an assessment. Their purpose is to see that everyone in the world gets health care. In an ideal world everyone gets health care for free. In the real world we have to pay doctors, nurses, cleaning people, cooks, janitors, security, receptionist, clerical workers, administrators, etc. We also have to pay the workers who make the products used in health care. We have to pay for facilities and the power. These are the costs that must be paid.

The issue is how we pay. The working people pay, regardless of the system; either with premiums or taxes or both.

In return we get operations, medications, diagnoses, and other necessary treatments.

The real question is who can provide the best service for the best price? The government or private concerns? I have worked in Government manufacturing facilities as well as private facilities. In every case the government was less efficient and provided a poorer product.

In my opinion (based on lifes experiences) I believe the best system is to allow private industry to run health care with minimal oversight from the government. Oversight means assuring good quality care, it does not address pricing. Competition will always drive efficiency and better quality, hence the Sherman anti-trust act. Medicaid and Medicare need to be abolished. Instead, the government should subsidize premiums.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    I value your discussion and arguments. You donít denigrate yourself to name calling or little snippets. You provide fact and logic.

What is needed in the discussion is an objective look. Clearly the World Health Organization cannot provide such an assessment. Their purpose is to see that everyone in the world gets health care. In an ideal world everyone gets health care for free. In the real world we have to pay doctors, nurses, cleaning people, cooks, janitors, security, receptionist, clerical workers, administrators, etc. We also have to pay the workers who make the products used in health care. We have to pay for facilities and the power. These are the costs that must be paid.

The issue is how we pay. The working people pay, regardless of the system; either with premiums or taxes or both.

In return we get operations, medications, diagnoses, and other necessary treatments.

The real question is who can provide the best service for the best price? The government or private concerns? I have worked in Government manufacturing facilities as well as private facilities. In every case the government was less efficient and provided a poorer product.

In my opinion (based on lifes experiences) I believe the best system is to allow private industry to run health care with minimal oversight from the government. Oversight means assuring good quality care, it does not address pricing. Competition will always drive efficiency and better quality, hence the Sherman anti-trust act. Medicaid and Medicare need to be abolished. Instead, the government should subsidize premiums.
    Here I don't think anyone pays insurance for basic health care. I believe Alberta was the last province to cut out premiums. Now this is not to say that all medical is free. Dentists, optometrists, drugs are not covered. Without doubt there are a lot of abuses in our health care system. The one area that is covered is that a person with a serious or fatal illness will receive quality medical care right up to the end. A lot of people carry additional health insurance like Blue Cross, BUPA etc. to help in cases where long term drug regimens are concerned. Its far from perfect, but it is a fairly reliable system. Alberta is now looking at ways to improve the system, but our liberal ideologs here are screaming their heads off. I really do think your system needs to be fixed to the point where a life threatening illness, need for a transplant, accident, will not bankrupt a family. The poor are already covered under some of your govt schemes so it should not be that hard to do. I was always a believer in private business, but we have all seen how well they regulate themselves in this past year.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    And you think the US government is going to fix this? Have you taken a good look at the VA Health system?
    Judging by how easy it is supposed to be to scam the welfare system,I do not think changing the US medical care system to a similar plan will be any better.
    I've long said that Congress should have to accept medical care under the same system under which they want the great unwashed masses that they purport to represent to live and die .

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    Judging by how easy it is supposed to be to scam the welfare system,I do not think changing the US medical care system to a similar plan will be any better.
    I've long said that Congress should have to accept medical care under the same system under which they want the great unwashed masses that they purport to represent to live and die .
    And they are making it easier to get and claim benefits. My friend works in DSS and some of the stuff coming down the pipe is astounding. We donít want to have to inconvenience those who have nothing to do and all day to do it in.

Thread Information