Default Marines Promised Airfield Services, Slotted AE?

OK long story short.

I have ben dep'd for about 4 months now still waiting on my ship date to RT on oct 19th. My recruiter swore up and down (even moved my leave date back 2 months) because he said he could guarantee me Airfield Services. Within airfield services i no falls 7011, 7041, 7051 i no im not guaranteed the specific mos until after mos (im hoping for 7051).

Well recently my Recruiter was moved to a diff office, and my staff sgt was also transferred somewhere else and we have a a new guy, well i found out today that i was slotted as "AE". This guy has ben known to tell "stories" and exagerate to the extreme to get you to believe something. Now this is where im confused, isnt AE aviation electronics? and if so.. what can i do to get out of this and get into airfield services?

PS
    im maxing my pft's so that should help right?
    21 pull ups, 107 sit up's, 1 1/2 miles in 8min 26secs
    Thank You
    Chris

Forum Member

listen bro...recruiters are liars and they are damn good at it..i served four years as an infantryman and that was by choice....wrong choice though....what most people dont know is that even though you signed that dotted line ...u havent been shipped anywhere...and there is a way to get out of it...this is gonna take some balls but it will work....just demand that they give you what u want or you will not go anywhere....theres a loophole somewhere and you can quit before getting sent to basic.....so good luck my friend and Semper Fi

Forum Member

Did you get it in writing?
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

MembersZone Subscriber

Always, always, ALWAYS get it in writing. If you don't have it in writing before you go they can change you to anything they want.
    FF-II/EMT-B/Incident Safety Officer/Photographer
    Lancaster Fire Department
    First run area (Fire): Lancaster, NH & Guildhall, VT (84.3 Sq Miles)
    First run area (Ambulance): Lancaster & Jefferson, NH; Gilman, Guildhall & Lunenberg, VT (185.1 Sq Miles)

Unless things have changed in the last 7 years, learn this term IYAOYAS.
    AE is a Navy Rating for Aviation Electronics, but the AE field for enlistment purposes is different.
    I am a private citizen, these postings do not represent anyone/thing/place but me.

Forum Member

Your intended OCC field should be on your enlistment contract. I can't be more specific because I enlisted a long time ago and was not a recruiter at any time. Go over to military.com and hit the Marine Corps Wannabe forum and ask your question there. I'm betting someone will have the straight scoop for you.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by jman696 View Post
    listen bro...recruiters are liars and they are damn good at it..i served four years as an infantryman and that was by choice....wrong choice though....what most people dont know is that even though you signed that dotted line ...u havent been shipped anywhere...and there is a way to get out of it...this is gonna take some balls but it will work....just demand that they give you what u want or you will not go anywhere....theres a loophole somewhere and you can quit before getting sent to basic.....so good luck my friend and Semper Fi
    Yes this guy is right you are not acually in the marine corp till you raise your hand at meps right before you ship out. I dont give a F*** what the recruiters tell you. You can get out of it.

Thread Information