Thread: Warning Lights

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Warning Lights

Has anyone ever heard of Guide Lighting Emergency Lights? Have some lenses and trim rings with this name on them and need to order some parts. They are on the back of our Pierce Pumper and trying to find out if they still exist or who might have bought them out. Have searched the internet with no luck.

Forum Member

Most likely you are talking about guide arrow lights They were usually in amber or red for turn or for brake-tail-turn and for warning lights. they usually had 3 bulbs 1 in the arrow portion and then 1 top and bottom. If you are having problems I would suggest replacing them with a whelen unit that will cover the existing hole, an 810 series should cover it nicely. The M9 is new light from whelen, I don't care for it but you may. The Guide Arrow Lights are just shy of 6" by 10".
    Last edited by Fyrtrks; 06-25-2009 at 03:18 AM.
    Fyrtrks

MembersZone Subscriber

There used to be a Guide Lamp division of GM in Anderson In. They manufactured lighting products for GM cars. This could be the company that you are looking for. Unfortuanatley they went out of business about 5 years ago. Not sure who they may be now. You're best bet might be to ask Pierce.

MembersZone Subscriber

A great forum to ask these kind of questions is www.lightbarn.com

They seem to have all the answers!
    FTM-PTB DTRT

Everything I state on here is to support and aid my fellow firefighters. Everything I post is my opinion only, and in no way should be taken as an official opinion of any Company, Department, or Municipality I represent... oh and this includes Pierce Mfg, as so their legal department has advised me; since they apparently also invented the right to control "Free Speech".

Forum Member

I suspect that P buys liquidated and discontinued stock, which means you might end up with a 1-2 year old rig that you can't get replacement lens and bulbs for.

We had a tree limb break a rear marker light on a 1.5 year old truck, and discovered that a replacement lens was not available. Ended up replacing both rear lamps with LED, which should have been installed in the first place, but that's another story.

Like all businesses, there have been buyouts and mergers; the parts still may be available under another company name. I'll check my old catalogs when I get to the office.

C6

Forum Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Command6 View Post
    I suspect that P buys liquidated and discontinued stock, which means you might end up with a 1-2 year old rig that you can't get replacement lens and bulbs for.

We had a tree limb break a rear marker light on a 1.5 year old truck, and discovered that a replacement lens was not available. Ended up replacing both rear lamps with LED, .

C6
    We had the same thing happen to us. A less than 2 yr old truck with genuine "UNobtainium lights that had been installed at the factory. The bulb sockets had corroded and there were no replacement parts available anywhere. we ended up going the LED route also, and only spec Whelen now for all emergency lghting.

Thread Information