1. #1
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Canuck Expat May be anywhere
    Posts
    2,906

    Default Deutsche Bank Fire

    I just read on FH that 7 members of the FDNY were disciplined for actions leading up to the tragedy. Was there not a lot of talk about the building inspection dept really dropping the ball here? In fact I thought that there was talk of corruption in this dept? Are the FF being made scapegoats here?

  2. #2
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Here, There, Everywhere
    Posts
    4,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanLoader View Post
    I just read on FH that 7 members of the FDNY were disciplined for actions leading up to the tragedy. Was there not a lot of talk about the building inspection dept really dropping the ball here? In fact I thought that there was talk of corruption in this dept? Are the FF being made scapegoats here?
    In short yes...these men aren't the ones at fault. I don't have the time to post at length here...but I'll give you a link to some reading material.

    Want to read up on the background on this?

    Go to....Capt Bosco Website E-10

    The ones who should swing from the gallows are Cassano, Scoppetta, Weinlein, Fat Pat McNally, Bloomberg, Doctoroff, the LMDC w/ Avi Schick.

    There is a reason the DA found in his report that everyone was at fault (therefore) no one was a fault. Politics and money are all that matters and they covered everything up.

    FTM-PTB
    Last edited by FFFRED; 06-25-2009 at 10:57 AM.

  3. #3
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Canuck Expat May be anywhere
    Posts
    2,906

    Default

    I guess I was mistaken, I thought that the NY building inspections also dropped the ball here. Sounds like politicians are CTA. I did not appreciate Captain Boscos feeble attempt at humor regarding Chernobyl, however, any more than anyone in NY would have if someone would have made a joke about FDNY actions at 9-11. I have actually been to Chernobyl, here are a couple of photos of lads on The Vinnitsa Fire Brigade who are still there under the dome.

    Sorry, I'm having trouble uploading pictures. There were 6 FF from Vinnitsa who lost their lives in Chernobyl. They were there strictly on orders from the Soviet military. There is no such thing as a Fire commissioner in Ukraine or anywhere else in the FSU that I know of.
    Last edited by BryanLoader; 06-25-2009 at 11:13 AM.

  4. #4
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Here, There, Everywhere
    Posts
    4,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanLoader View Post
    I guess I was mistaken, I thought that the NY building inspections also dropped the ball here. Sounds like politicians are CTA. I did not appreciate Captain Boscos feeble attempt at humor regarding Chernobyl, however, any more than anyone in NY would have if someone would have made a joke about FDNY actions at 9-11. I have actually been to Chernobyl, here are a couple of photos of lads on The Vinnitsa Fire Brigade who are still there under the dome.

    Sorry, I'm having trouble uploading pictures. There were 6 FF from Vinnitsa who lost their lives in Chernobyl. They were there strictly on orders from the Soviet military. There is no such thing as a Fire commissioner in Ukraine or anywhere else in the FSU that I know of.
    WTF are you talking about...focus on the issues pal. You wanted some documents there are dozens to review on that site and Dept regulations which clearly show we dont' have jurisdiction over Port Authority property nor NYS property just the same we had no policy or procedures to examine contaminated buildings.

    FTM-PTB

  5. #5
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Canuck Expat May be anywhere
    Posts
    2,906

    Default

    I'm not arguing that at all FFFred. In fact my original post indicated that I was under the impression that the NYC Building Codes dept were supposed to be the ones in charge of inspection of these and other buildings. Apparently I was mistaken. i do take offense at someone who knows SFA about Chernobyl poking fun at the people who lost their lives under extreme conditions at Chernobyl.

  6. #6
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Here, There, Everywhere
    Posts
    4,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanLoader View Post
    I'm not arguing that at all FFFred. In fact my original post indicated that I was under the impression that the NYC Building Codes dept were supposed to be the ones in charge of inspection of these and other buildings. Apparently I was mistaken. i do take offense at someone who knows SFA about Chernobyl poking fun at the people who lost their lives under extreme conditions at Chernobyl.
    Among other things there are documents that for some reason show that BFI (FDNY bureau of fire investigation) not the local fire company was the aggreed upon unit that would be able to inspect port authority property.

    And buildings has long been a corupted agency bought and sold by the developers who own this city and every pol within it it. There is a reason the new CDA FDNY team is comprised of civilians and not firemen.

    Civilians will keep their mouths shut on safety issues...firemen won't and it would cost them $$$.

    Perhaps I missed it but where is this chernobyl stuff on his page?

    FTM-PTB

  7. #7
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Canuck Expat May be anywhere
    Posts
    2,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FFFRED View Post
    Among other things there are documents that for some reason show that BFI (FDNY bureau of fire investigation) not the local fire company was the aggreed upon unit that would be able to inspect port authority property.

    And buildings has long been a corupted agency bought and sold by the developers who own this city and every pol within it it. There is a reason the new CDA FDNY team is comprised of civilians and not firemen.

    Civilians will keep their mouths shut on safety issues...firemen won't and it would cost them $$$.

    Perhaps I missed it but where is this chernobyl stuff on his page?

    FTM-PTB
    Its in one of his links. To make it clear, just in my reading, I felt the FDNY was being unfairly singled out by city management for this. Now we're a lot smaller city here and in Ukraine, but in both cases, there is a city dept charged with doing building safety inspections. The respective Fire Services would be involved, but only in regards to fire suppression equipment, occupant loads, functioning water supplies. Since its never happened here, Thank God, I'm not sure what procedures would be followed if there was a massive disaster such as 9-11.

  8. #8
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Here, There, Everywhere
    Posts
    4,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanLoader View Post
    Its in one of his links. To make it clear, just in my reading, I felt the FDNY was being unfairly singled out by city management for this. Now we're a lot smaller city here and in Ukraine, but in both cases, there is a city dept charged with doing building safety inspections. The respective Fire Services would be involved, but only in regards to fire suppression equipment, occupant loads, functioning water supplies. Since its never happened here, Thank God, I'm not sure what procedures would be followed if there was a massive disaster such as 9-11.
    I found what you are speaking of and it is nothing more than political theater to get their point across.

    Both Chernobyl and 130 Liberty St. were incredibly contaminated sites incredibly dangerous to life. The heavy metals and asbestos in that building is incredible...I was in that building...it isn't something that should be inspected or could be inspected by a local fire company who have recieved no formal training in inspections, no credentials, no nothing, for normal buildings much less one that was subject to the destructive forces of a 110 story building slicing into it.

    It serves to offer an illustration so as to convey to others how dangerous this building was to the firemen as many people might not understand how messed up this building was.

    It takes nothing away from chernobyl in my opinion. Radiation isn't a joking matter to anyone and neither is Deutsche Bank.

    FTM-PTB

    PS-We have never recieved formal training on inspections, we have no credentials and not one of us has even the entry level requirements needed to obtain a job as a building inspector in this city.

    Yet...they want us to "inspect" these buildings?

  9. #9
    Forum Member
    MassFireGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    A Conservative's Hell
    Posts
    663

    Default

    What exactly is your point to your posts on this topic, BryanLoader.

    Chernobyl happened under a Soviet controlled communistic nation, let us not forget that. Safety or human life was not a top priority under that regime.

  10. #10
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Canuck Expat May be anywhere
    Posts
    2,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MassFireGuy View Post
    What exactly is your point to your posts on this topic, BryanLoader.

    Chernobyl happened under a Soviet controlled communistic nation, let us not forget that. Safety or human life was not a top priority under that regime.
    My point is that they were firefighters and they gave all to rescue people and contain a situation that was impossible. Quite similar to the situation that FFFred points out the FDNY was put in. I don't think it any kind of laughing matter to joke about their sacrifice. BTW, the capitalist, corrupt regime in NYC is a lot better in your opinion?

  11. #11
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Canuck Expat May be anywhere
    Posts
    2,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FFFRED View Post
    I found what you are speaking of and it is nothing more than political theater to get their point across.

    Both Chernobyl and 130 Liberty St. were incredibly contaminated sites incredibly dangerous to life. The heavy metals and asbestos in that building is incredible...I was in that building...it isn't something that should be inspected or could be inspected by a local fire company who have recieved no formal training in inspections, no credentials, no nothing, for normal buildings much less one that was subject to the destructive forces of a 110 story building slicing into it.

    It serves to offer an illustration so as to convey to others how dangerous this building was to the firemen as many people might not understand how messed up this building was.

    It takes nothing away from chernobyl in my opinion. Radiation isn't a joking matter to anyone and neither is Deutsche Bank.

    FTM-PTB

    PS-We have never recieved formal training on inspections, we have no credentials and not one of us has even the entry level requirements needed to obtain a job as a building inspector in this city.

    Yet...they want us to "inspect" these buildings?
    I don't know if it is possible or not, but isn't this something that might be put before the courts, via civil proceeding, right up to your Supreme Court if necessary. These kinds of things need to see the light of day under a judicial presence.

  12. #12
    Forum Member
    MassFireGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    A Conservative's Hell
    Posts
    663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanLoader View Post
    BTW, the capitalist, corrupt regime in NYC is a lot better in your opinion?
    Debatable, but I do not know enough about NYC politics. I will however be more than happy to discuss the corrupt dictatorship in the City of Boston.

  13. #13
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MassFireGuy View Post
    What exactly is your point to your posts on this topic, BryanLoader.

    Chernobyl happened under a Soviet controlled communistic nation, let us not forget that. Safety or human life was not a top priority under that regime.
    Which is why we need to keep communism and socialism out of this free nation

  14. #14
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Canuck Expat May be anywhere
    Posts
    2,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    Which is why we need to keep communism and socialism out of this free nation
    Hate to rain on your parade Scarecrow, but I think in the last 6 months, US has surpassed most countries on the socialism/Govt teat dept. Lots more to come too by the sound of things.

  15. #15
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Canuck Expat May be anywhere
    Posts
    2,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MassFireGuy View Post
    Debatable, but I do not know enough about NYC politics. I will however be more than happy to discuss the corrupt dictatorship in the City of Boston.
    Dictatorship, corrupt incompetent socialist/communist regime, Ethnic dominated corrupt regime, right wing ideaologs, doesn't really matter the handle, they all need to be booted out. Problem is, the solution just reverts to the next big problem. Somebody once said" Power corrupts, but absolute power corrupts absolutely". I think the lads in FDNY are getting scapegoated and legal action should be taken to bring this out in the open. Maybe I'm just being naive.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. NEVER FORGET --Deutsche Bank Fire 8/18/07
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-24-2009, 10:38 AM
  2. Fort Walton Beach Fla--Fire Damages Bank
    By captstanm1 in forum Fire Wire
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-30-2003, 08:29 AM
  3. 2-Alarm fire destroys bank
    By Firebug030 in forum Fire Wire
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-11-2002, 12:14 PM
  4. Missouri City, Tx - Bank Fire
    By pvfdcaptain in forum Fire Wire
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-16-2001, 10:46 AM
  5. Red Bank-Fire with wind chill of -21 deg,
    By Ed Sulkowski in forum Fire Wire
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-20-2000, 01:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register