Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Unhappy Farrah's gone ...

I just read about it over at IACOJ.

For some reason this one is hitting me hard. She was just such a beautiful person.

Goodbye, Farrah. We will never forget you. Rest peacefully in the arms of the angels.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

http://www.timescolonist.com/Health/...963/story.html

Farrah Fawcett dies of cancer, age 62

By Randi Druzin, Global News
    June 25, 2009 12:00 PM
    Be the first to post a comment
    StoryPhotos ( 8 )

More Images Farrah Fawcett in classic pin-up mode in her prime. She died Thursday after a long battle with cancer, her spokesman said. She was 62.
    Photograph by: Handout, FilesFrom an iconic poster to a hit television series to an infamous appearance on a popular talk show, Farrah Fawcett was in the public eye for more than three decades.

She died Thursday three years after being diagnosed with anal cancer. She was 62.

"After a long and brave battle with cancer, our beloved Farrah has passed away," Fawcett's long-time companion, actor Ryan O'Neal, said in a statement.

"Although this is an extremely difficult time for her family and friends, we take comfort in the beautiful times that we shared with Farrah over the years and the knowledge that her life brought joy to so many people around the world."

Long before she starred in countless testosterone-fuelled fantasies, Fawcett was a student in Corpus Christi, Tex., where she lived with her parents, James and Pauline, and older sister Diane.

At W.B. Ray High School, Fawcett held the title of "Most Beautiful Student" for all four years. After graduating in 1965, she enrolled at the University of Texas at Austin, planning to major in microbiology. At the urging of a celebrity publicist, she soon headed to California to work as a model.

Almost immediately, Fawcett started doing advertisements for print and television, and appeared on shows such as The Dating Game and The Partridge Family.

Her work caught the attention of an Ohio-based poster distributor. They sent photographer Bruce McBroom to her Bel Air, Calif., home and he snapped dozens of shots of Fawcett. For a backdrop, he used an old Indian blanket that had been serving as a seat cover in his car.

Within months, stores were selling out of a poster showing Fawcett in a red bathing suit, sporting a broad, toothy smile with her head tilted back and her blonde tresses cascading down her shoulders and back. The poster sold a staggering 12 million copies a total that remains unsurpassed.

Also in 1976, Fawcett landed a leading role in the television series, Charlie's Angels. Playing a detective alongside Kate Jackson and Jaclyn Smith, Fawcett became a cultural phenomenon. She left the show after just one season. A lawsuit followed and, as stipulated in the settlement, she made several guest appearances on the show in following seasons.

Some of Fawcett's subsequent work was a critical success. She won three Emmy nominations. The first was for the 1984 television movie The Burning Bed, in which she played a battered wife. The others were for the miniseries Small Sacrifices (1989) and The Guardian (2001). Fawcett also played a rape victim in the stage and movie versions of Extremities.

She also won critical praise for her performance in the movie The Apostle (1997), starring opposite Robert Duvall.

In 1995, Fawcett posed topless in an issue of Playboy magazine. More than four million copies were sold, making it the best-selling issue of the decade. She returned to the pages of Playboy two years later, at the age of 50. That issue also became a top seller.

In her later career, Fawcett also caused a stir with a 1997 appearance on The Late Show with David Letterman. She seemed dazed and confused throughout the interview and became the butt of countless jokes.

Fawcett also made headlines for her personal life. From 1973 to 1982, she was married to Lee Majors, known for his role in the television show, The Six Million Dollar Man. She then started a relationship with O'Neal.

The union produced a son, who was born in 1985. Redmond O'Neal has struggled with addictions and has been arrested several times. In April 2009, he was charged for bringing drugs to a jail. At the time, he was out on bail in another case.

In October 2006, Fawcett revealed she was suffering from anal cancer. After undergoing chemotherapy and surgery, she declared herself cancer free in early 2007. But the cancer returned a few months later and Fawcett travelled to Germany for alternative treatment. Her ordeal was recorded for a possible documentary.

Fawcett was admitted to hospital in Los Angeles in early April 2009 amid rumours cancer had spread to her liver.

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

Michael Jackson has died as well.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukp...CQKdDcxYokQVbA
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Forum Member

It appears that way, but his death has not been confirmed by UCLA Medical Center.

Depends which news outlet you're watching/reading. Some are confirming, some are not.

What a bizarre day.

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

OK there's a family spokesman (Brian Oxman) who has spoken with family members at the hospital. So I guess it's official now.

Scrap that, Brian just said he could NOT confirm that Michael is dead.

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

CNN has confirmed his death with the LA Coroner.

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

FF-EMT

Unhappy So Long Farrah

I can't believe the dream girl of my teenage years is gone! I know she did much more but she will always be a Charlie's Angel to me!
    Mark Zanghetti
    FF-EMT
    Goshen Fire Dept.
    Waterford, CT

Forum Member

Someone at work just said that the 3rd in one day has happened, but I have found NOTHING on it... At least nothing I can access at work....

Supposedly Jeff Goldblum was killed falling off a cliff doing some filming in Australia........

Anyone got anything on this one??
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Forum Member

I didn't come up with anything, Brian.

I figured the three were Ed McMahon, Farrah and Michael.

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RspctFrmCalgary View Post
    I didn't come up with anything, Brian.

I figured the three were Ed McMahon, Farrah and Michael.
    I did a google search for "Jeff Goldblum dead" and it comes up with some links, but nothing I have access to at work. Word around here is that it is just a rumor and had no truth to it...........
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Forum Member

Jeff Goldblum thng was a hoax according to the New Zealand Film commission

Forum Member

RIP Ms. Fawcett.

A friend of mine told me her poster was standard issue in every male's dorm during the 70's.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

FF-EMT

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    RIP Ms. Fawcett.

A friend of mine told me her poster was standard issue in every male's dorm during the 70's.
    If it wasn't it should have been!
    Mark Zanghetti
    FF-EMT
    Goshen Fire Dept.
    Waterford, CT

Thread Information