MembersZone Subscriber

Default Compartment Layout

We are down to the last tool board on our new rescue pumper and I remember really having to dig to find some good layout pictures when we were designing the truck. So I thought I'd post a link to our new truck to throw some ideas out there.

http://www.davidcityfire.com/apparatus.htm

MembersZone Subscriber

I would consider moving the cribbing to the side of the vehicle (officer's rear) so that no one in in any position to be hit when on scene of mva's.
    This would allow you to fully use the vehicle to block the scene and then always keep the "extrication side" towards the mva.

There has been a lengthy debate on the angle to block the road (deflection into center/curb when on the highway) in my department. We decided that any way we can protect the crew is the best. Thus we always on working extrications swing so the officer's side is towards the mva.
    Originally Posted by madden01
    "and everyone is encouraged to use Plain, Spelled Out English. I thought this was covered in NIMS training."

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ffmedcbk1 View Post
    I would consider moving the cribbing to the side of the vehicle (officer's rear) so that no one in in any position to be hit when on scene of mva's.
    This would allow you to fully use the vehicle to block the scene and then always keep the "extrication side" towards the mva.

There has been a lengthy debate on the angle to block the road (deflection into center/curb when on the highway) in my department. We decided that any way we can protect the crew is the best. Thus we always on working extrications swing so the officer's side is towards the mva.
    We usually deflect to the middle, not the curb. With the current toolboard layout we are pretty much married to the rear for the cribbing. In our rural area, we usually do a full shutdown of the road, even the highways, while involved in the extrication/rescue operations. Just can't trust these people. They drive like idiots.

Thread Information