Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Forum Member

Question Seagrave closed for a week!!

Rumor has it that Seagrave has closed this week (except Sr. Mang.) in an effort to save $$$.

FDNY going with Ferrara for aerials....

Whats' going on with them????? We have a rig on order with them and this is NOT a good sign.

Forum Member

Could it be that Seagrave (like alot of other companies) are closing for the Forth of July shutdown? I know Ford, GM, other large companies shut down just before or after the holiday. They do the same at Christmas.

Can any one confirm if it is a money saving shutdown or holiday vacation shutdown?

Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy63 View Post
    Rumor has it that Seagrave has closed this week (except Sr. Mang.) in an effort to save $$$. Not a rumor. Many companies that rely on skilled labor to perform their positions in dependence of the other positions doing their jobs usually furlough everyone on holiday weeks for vacation. Yes it is an effort to save money and it is also a way to give everyone a break.

FDNY going with Ferrara for aerials....Not confirmed at this time, although it looks like it's going in that direction.

Whats' going on with them????? We have a rig on order with them and this is NOT a good sign.
    Several Seagrave apparatus have been delivered in my area in the past year and everyone is happy.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Hopefully just a temporary thing, but things are tough for companies that are trying to sell to municipalities. Even big boy Oshkosh stated that months ago. A friend of mine has been selling apparatus for over 30 years. He said this is the worst slow down that he has ever seen.
    I have only 2 allegiances, to my country and to my God. The rest of you are fair game.

Forum Member

Smile

And I quote per the answering machine @ Seagrave!

You have reached Seagrave Fire Apparatus. In honor of the 4th of July holiday, our offices will be closed June 29th through July 3rd. We will resume normal business on July 6th.

There was additional information about contacting a party for immeadiate assistance. I didn't think it was important to the thread. If you want to hear it yourself call 715-823-2141.

Don't forget where the current CEO came from. The automobile industry.

Forum Member

It's for vacation

Forum Member

I believe Pierce has been shutting down the week of the 4th of July for quite some time.

Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Rumor has it that Seagrave has closed this week (except Sr. Mang.) in an effort to save $$$.

FDNY going with Ferrara for aerials....

Let's see...

1) First post.

2) RUMOR spreading with no verification. (Funny how another member here made a simple phone call and got the answer from Seagrave itself)

3) Unrelated FDNY Ferrara aerial comment.

4) The "What's going on with them?????" question. Followed by the "NOT a good sign." comment.

5) If it looks like a troll, smells like a troll, and posts like a troll...well you figure it out.

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking Rumors

You act surprised. The whole fire service experience is based on the rumor mill. What would you have to do without the rumor mill? Training!!! UHG

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Let's see...

1) First post.

2) RUMOR spreading with no verification. (Funny how another member here made a simple phone call and got the answer from Seagrave itself)

3) Unrelated FDNY Ferrara aerial comment.

4) The "What's going on with them?????" question. Followed by the "NOT a good sign." comment.

5) If it looks like a troll, smells like a troll, and posts like a troll...well you figure it out.
    Whatever "super poster." I started off by saying it was a rumor and ask a question. I have also been told that Seagrave has NEVER shut down over the 4th, so it's a legitimate question.

Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Whatever "super poster." I started off by saying it was a rumor and ask a question. I have also been told that Seagrave has NEVER shut down over the 4th, so it's a legitimate question.
    Is that how you ask a legitimate question in person? Filled with rumor and inuendo?

To be honest if all you wanted to know was why was Seagrave closed this week it could have been simply worded as: "Does anyone know why Seagrave is closed this week?"

Forum Member

I wont be surprised if "NewGuy63" is a drone from over at Pierce...

Seagrave also shuts down for the Christmas holidays too, so what's the big deal? Everyone is cutting costs during these difficult economic times...

Forum Member

Just so you know, I will be shutting down for 5 weeks after this tour at work, due to the economic crisis I figured I should stop driving my car for a few weeks to save money, and stop doing overtime to let others do some and make money.

Oh, and Seagrave make a great rig, have crawled all over one, it was the toughest thing I have seen in years......try using a Scania or Isuzu.

NO,thank you.hehe T.C.

Forum Member

wait...so like this July 4th thing is catching on in other parts of the country?

no here in kentruckyland we get ma out grilling while she pops us some beers, but i didn't know those boyz up in wisconsinality were celebrating too.

damn, i'm liking this holidayz stuff more and more.

you give those boys up there the whole week off on me.

Nothing to do with Seagrave closing down for a week....but

if the best they can do for a sales rep is the kid they sent me....they should shut their doors.

Sales rep shows up to a meeting with no copies of the specs he wants to discuss, no drawings, no pictures, nothing....except his girlfriend.

The "meeting" left a terrible impression with us.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Default Was she hot

What the girlfriend look like? Was she at least eye candy?

MembersZone Subscriber

Way to go Tom, speak up for the old guys!!!!

Forum Member

Default I'm sure I'm not the only one

Quote Originally Posted by RedBaronl32 View Post
    Way to go Tom, speak up for the old guys!!!!
    I'm sure I am not the only one that thought that when they read the post. I was just the first one to ask. It takes the wisdom of us old guys to cut right to what is really important. These young guys won't know this but it just like the old bull and young bull up on the hill story........

Nope. Not eye candy.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Thread Information