Forum Member

Default Firefighter ID Cards

Does anyone know where I can find the requirements or recommendations for ID cards here in IL? Thanks!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Not2L84U2 View Post
    Does anyone know where I can find the requirements or recommendations for ID cards here in IL? Thanks!

do you mean for your department? I don't think there are any, as far as I know each dept. makes their own to what ever info they want.

I do know MABAS had their own you get if you deployed with MABAS

Forum Member

Yes, for our department. Thought there was something that said you had to carry an ID with chief's signature and contact info. Maybe at the bare minimum, what MABAS is requiring so we can mirror what they are doing.

Forum Member

If you run a blue light then you need something that has you are a member and authorized/signed by chief. Now as for mabas, there coming but have been coming for some time, if you get deployed you are issued one for that incident. If you are a team member hazmat, TRT, dive, ect, you’ll be the first ones to get them, for the rest of us we’ll just have to wait. If you want to mirror mabas, then get out you check book, I think the system is 30 grand and will have a upc code which will tie into a database with all your qualifications, if your not a min. of FF II you won’t get to go to any deployments.

MembersZone Subscriber

An ID is supposed to have the chief's signature, and contact info. It is also supposed to have an expiration date, but most do not put that on their, budget constraints. You can pretty much put what ever else you want on them, ie: qualifications, blue light authorization, rank, etc. And of coarse you picture.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by trainer View Post
    If you run a blue light then you need something that has you are a member and authorized/signed by chief. Now as for mabas, there coming but have been coming for some time, if you get deployed you are issued one for that incident. If you are a team member hazmat, TRT, dive, ect, you’ll be the first ones to get them, for the rest of us we’ll just have to wait. If you want to mirror mabas, then get out you check book, I think the system is 30 grand and will have a upc code which will tie into a database with all your qualifications, if your not a min. of FF II you won’t get to go to any deployments.
    Not trying to hijack the thread but I thought FFII was only required for out of state deployments.

Forum Member

Sorry 2426 I should have been a bit clearer, yes on the out of state plus any major Illinois deployment, probably won’t ever be required for interdivisional. Mabas has been moving toward this for some time, they want “qualified” FF’s to any incident, and what is that definition? well in Illinois it’s FF II, but don’t sweat it the everyday stuff I don’t see that happening.

MembersZone Subscriber

We have been told in the past that if we are going to establish a crew, so to speak for a MABAS response that it needs to be staffed with people who are minimum FFII. I couln't agree more on this. This is a minimum requirement for FF's in IL and should be.

MembersZone Subscriber

DuBois, IL - just south of I-64 in the middle of the state

Quote Originally Posted by pmed19 View Post
    An ID is supposed to have the chief's signature, and contact info. It is also supposed to have an expiration date, but most do not put that on their, budget constraints. You can pretty much put what ever else you want on them, ie: qualifications, blue light authorization, rank, etc. And of coarse you picture.
    We print a new one every year that expires at the end of the year. We do them on ink jet business cards, print them in color with a picture of the guy, laminate them with plain old clear contact paper and it's done. Probably cost us a dime apiece. Works for us.
    They have the department name, the FFs name, certifications, expiration date, signature and picture on the front. Backs are all alike with department name, phone number, chief's phone number and signature. I do them in Word using a template for the Avery business card that I use.
    Jack Boczek, Chief
    Ashley Community Fire Protection District

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

Forum Member

Thanks everyone!

Forum Member

As per Illinois law, the card or letter must include:

(A) the name of the fire department, fire protection district, rescue squad, ambulance unit, or emergency management services agency;
    (B) the member's position within the fire department, fire protection district, rescue squad, ambulance unit, or emergency management services agency;
    (C) the member's term of service; and
    (D) the name of a person within the fire department, fire protection district, rescue squad, ambulance unit, or emergency management services agency to contact to verify the information provided.

Hope this helps!
    Tyler West - Technology Officer
    Lincoln Fire Protection District

Thread Information