Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Does anyone wear custom insoles with your boots?

Hey all. I searched the boots posts (i know that boots have been discussed to death), but couldn't find any that addressed my issue.

I have insoles that I have to wear to correct a fallen arch problem that I had in the past.

If any of you have custom insoles that you wear that work with your boots, who are the boot manufacturers and did you have to adjust the size (wider or longer)?

I don't care if they are duty boots or bunker boots as i'll eventually have to find both that fit my insoles, but any advice or 2 cents would be appreciated!

Thx, Nic

MembersZone Subscriber NathanWert's Avatar

I have custom inserts, but I don't use them in my fire boots. I use them in my regular boots/shoes. I only have one set of inserts so I don't like having to swap them out a lot from place to place. They're actually broken right now and I don' thave the money to get new ones.
    FF-II/EMT-B/Incident Safety Officer/Photographer
    Lancaster Fire Department
    First run area (Fire): Lancaster, NH & Guildhall, VT (84.3 Sq Miles)
    First run area (Ambulance): Lancaster & Jefferson, NH; Gilman, Guildhall & Lunenberg, VT (185.1 Sq Miles)

Forum Member

One of the guys on my shift has them in all his boots. He uses them for the same problem you have. He has an older pair he keeps in his bunker boots. I dont know who makes the insole, he gets them from his doctor. As far as bunker boot he wears warrington pro leather.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanWert View Post
    I have custom inserts, but I don't use them in my fire boots. I use them in my regular boots/shoes.
    Same here. Have them in Warrington Station boots - work great.
    RK
    cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

I do.

I have Plantar Fasciitis. If you've never had it, it's really painful at times.

The Podiatrist wanted me to put up $350 for custom orthotics. I found these online and the company is REALLY good. They actually called me after I placed the order asked me a couple of questions and then altered the insert just a bit. Made a really big difference.

http://www.orthodynamics.com/

Funny thing though, my feet have never been warmer in the winter. Just giving a little bit more distance with the cold ground helped keep em warmer.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Did you have to go up a size or width or anything like that?

I'm not familiar with warrington, 'cept from what I've read about on the boots posts, but do most boots have a cheap insole that can be removed and swapped for my custom? Some boots that I've run across have an insole that's glued in and that doesn't work for me.

thanks for the post

Quote Originally Posted by yjbrody64 View Post
    Did you have to go up a size or width or anything like that?

I'm not familiar with warrington, 'cept from what I've read about on the boots posts, but do most boots have a cheap insole that can be removed and swapped for my custom? Some boots that I've run across have an insole that's glued in and that doesn't work for me.

thanks for the post
    Gosh, I honestly can't remember. I just emailed them through the contact area of their website to find out what size I did order, so I can reorder.

I had gotten them from my podiatrist as the "cheaper" option to the custom insoles. So, I had the size when I ordered last time (it's worn off now).

If you read between the lines on their website, they pretty much tell you that the only difference between their custom inserts and their pre-molded inserts is that the length will be more exact if you go custom.

That's code for, "Save a few hundred bucks and go for stock size".

Give them a call, they are really helpful.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    Gosh, I honestly can't remember. I just emailed them through the contact area of their website to find out what size I did order, so I can reorder.
    Sorry Chief, I meant your boots. Did you have to order new boots to fit the insole or order wider boots.

At this point the insoles that I have cleared up my problem, so I don't really want to mess with something that works.

In my original posting I was looking to see what manufacturers of boots were working for those that used custom insoles, not looking for what insoles guys were using. Sorry for the confusion, but thanks for the tip any ways.

I don't, but I think I should, but I need new boots as well. So I just think I'll get new insoles when I get new boots, and that day is not at hand just yet... another thing that will be done some time in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by bum291 View Post
    I don't, but I think I should, but I need new boots as well. So I just think I'll get new insoles when I get new boots, and that day is not at hand just yet... another thing that will be done some time in the future.
    I have just a basic CVS brand in my Haix leather bunkers.

Thread Information