Forum Member

Default Preplans: anyone entering data using a laptop (Adobe Acrobat/Reader)?

Hi all,
    I am trying to make an electronic form (Adobe Acrobat/Reader) to collect preplan data in the field with a laptop. We can't afford commercial preplan software (FireZone).

Anyone else doing this? Or collecting preplan data witout paper? How? Thanks.

MembersZone Subscriber

I got a few copies of FireZone somewhere. Let me see if I can find them and I'd be glad to send it to you.
    A Fire Chief has ONLY 1 JOB and that's to take care of his fireman. EVERYTHING else falls under this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JTFIRE80 View Post
    I got a few copies of FireZone somewhere. Let me see if I can find them and I'd be glad to send it to you.
    Is that all you need is just a copy of Firezone to use it?? Doesn't it need to be licensed or registered? If not, I would be interested, too, if you have more.
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Forum Member

The thing is, for collecting the data, ya almost don't need it.

I'm not that tech-saavy, but I was able to make an electronic form a guy can fill out on a laptop at the address using Adobe Acrobat. Making the form if pretty easy, and it feels like filling out a form on a website.

But what to do with the data once you've entered it for 500 addresses, how to change the form and not screw everything up, that i can;t do. i was hoping someone had tried to do something like that.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by milanski View Post
    The thing is, for collecting the data, ya almost don't need it.

I'm not that tech-saavy, but I was able to make an electronic form a guy can fill out on a laptop at the address using Adobe Acrobat. Making the form if pretty easy, and it feels like filling out a form on a website.

But what to do with the data once you've entered it for 500 addresses, how to change the form and not screw everything up, that i can;t do. i was hoping someone had tried to do something like that.
    Would you be able to send me a copy of the form you are using?
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Thread Information