Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Question New Man with a question?

I just got sworn in at my current firehouse as a volunteer FF i have passed my ifsac test's and nims 100 and currently working on 200 i want to move to FL, and continue my FF career down there what should i do to continue that?

Forum Member

A 5 second simple search on google found this. You just have to look around.

http://www.fldfs.com/sfm/bfst/Standard/StdFFCrt.htm

This topic has been discussed, just search for it. I do know that most does not transfer. Florida is the hardest state to transfer to from my understanding. Good Luck

Good link Techguy!

I have heard that Florida standards are above and beyond a majority of other state's standards.

I currently volunteer and one of our guys just moved here from Iowa, and his cert's won't transfer, he's gonna have to take more classes. He said something about challenging the state test, so that may be an option to research. I don't know personally, Im going through fire academy right now to get my FFT2

The big problem with what you're doing is there are no fire jobs here in Florida. We tried to pass "Amendment 1" a while back to provide additional funding for a growing fire force, and it didn't happen. So while new subdivisions and parks and community centers pop up all the time, firefighters are losing their jobs. I might reconsider the move down here, especially if you don't have at least your Fire 2 and EMT-B or Paramedic. The few jobs that are open are "EMT or Paramedic preferred" and you'd better believe theres other guys with more than that just waiting for a job.

Also, you need to go ahead and get your ICS100, ICS200, NIMS700, and NIMS800 because anywhere you go they're gonna want all that done.

Quote Originally Posted by FFCrumpit View Post
    I just got sworn in at my current firehouse as a volunteer FF i have passed my ifsac test's and nims 100 and currently working on 200 i want to move to FL, and continue my FF career down there what should i do to continue that?
    They aren't hiring that many in Florida right now. Besides, you will have to take the Florida training, they like California, don't care where or what certs you have. You will do the whole course or you don't get a job in the state.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Thread Information