Forum Member

Default Looking for Leather Helmet Refurbishment

I have been searching for a Leather Helmet Company that can do minor repairs and repaint my 9 year old N5A. I have no Wire Showing just normal Wear and Tear. I was given a link to a Company (Signal 50) that no longer is in Business. Can anyone help?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firegator77 View Post
    I have been searching for a Leather Helmet Company that can do minor repairs and repaint my 9 year old N5A. I have no Wire Showing just normal Wear and Tear. I was given a link to a Company (Signal 50) that no longer is in Business. Can anyone help?
    Contact the dealer in your area that sells Cairns helmets and they can help you. You could send it back to Cairns and have it overhauled!

OR you can go to Home Depot and get some paint and repaint it your self.

Do a search on this and I think there are post about refinishing helmets!
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Forum Member

Thanks. I found a Firefighter owned business. He is Located in Florida. I shipped my Helmet to him today. Here is his site if anyone else is interested.

www.customlidpaint.webs.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Check out my brothers from Lake County Florida's page...Members of Lake county Fire/rescue and IAFF local 3990, have started doing leather refurbishings, and do an EXCELLENT job. Check out their site!

http://www.customlidpaint.webs.com/

Forum Member

I got my Lid back yesterday. It Looks Awesome. I would definitely recommend Custom Lid Paint. I canít wait to show it off tomorrow when I go on Duty! Here the website if any one wants to check it out. www.customlidpaint.webs.com

Forum Member

How long is the turn around time to get your lid back, I really like this guys work.

Forum Member

Put some pics up. Can't just talk about it we wanna see it ! haha. That company does do good work.

Forum Member

Leather, from the day I shipped my Lid to the day I got it back, was right at 4 weeks.

HFD, my Helmet is the First one on the second row of their photo Gallery( www.customlidpaint.webs.com ) . I had all of my Hardware and Eagle Chromed. The pictures do not do it justice. My sister is a photographer and I am going to try to get her to take more pictures of my Lid. When I get them I will post them on here.

Forum Member

Thanks firegator, I called this guy, Very proffesional, my helmet ships to him tommorow.

MembersZone Subscriber

I know the guys personally who do the work, I use to work for the department all these guys are from. They are a GREAT bunch of guys, who have extreme passion for brotherhood, and the job. THANK YOU for supporting these guys!

Forum Member

Your that lucky fella with the chrome package goin on ! Very nice bro. I think I might have to send mine off just for that. Looks freakin sweet.

My Sammy is need of a major overhaul. I found a website for the "Helmet Doctor" I have emailed him serveral times and have gotten nothing back. I checked the website (custom lid paint) the one listed in this thread and was very impressed. I emailed them and got an immediate response and their paint jobs seem very resonable.

Before I send my Sammy to them I was wondering if anyone else has any feedback on their work. I am sure all of you understand, my Lid is very special to me and am a little nervous sending it away to get painted. Thanks

Got my Sammy back today from "Custom Lids." I am Blown away by the finished product. It looks better than the Original Cairns Paint Job, that came on my Helmet. I cant wait to wear it tomorrow.

Thread Information