Forum Member

Default Patch Design Templates...

Just as a bit of a side project while I'm thinking about it, I've considered trying to design a patch for my volunteer FD. Our community name is 'Chickenbone,' but we're officially known as the Northeast Calhoun County Volunteer Fire Department. Does anyone know where I may be able to find a design template or two to kinda work around with in a program like MSPaint or Photoshop?

Thanks.

MembersZone Subscriber

Why am I picturing a patch with a chicken leg on it?

Try searching for a company that designs and makes patches, most of them have some kind of template. I usually get a card in the mail every couple of months from one, but I can't find one laying around here. Your chief may have some running around somewhere with a website on it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    Why am I picturing a patch with a chicken leg on it?
    You're actually not far off - on the side of our engine, quick attack, and on the hood of our tanker there is a chicken holding a hose with a helmet on.

Here's a picture on it, heh.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMac89 View Post
    You're actually not far off - on the side of our engine, quick attack, and on the hood of our tanker there is a chicken holding a hose with a helmet on.

Here's a picture on it, heh.
    Now that's funny! And it actually looks pretty good for a chicken fighting fire. If you had tried to describe it to me, I'd have shook my head, but that's not bad at all and it's original.

Forum Member

Now that's funny! And it actually looks pretty good for a chicken fighting fire. If you had tried to describe it to me, I'd have shook my head, but that's not bad at all and it's original.
    I'm really wanting to incorporate it to a patch, if it's possible, as center art. I'm working on something in MSPaint right now... sort of. The idea is to have the top be our actual name, and around the center art, have our station's name, and somehow, incorporate the numbers of our units in it. Like, E 901 (Engine), WT 902 (Water Tender), and QA 903 (Quick Attack). The idea I have in mind seems neat, heh.

MembersZone Subscriber

That sounds like that going to be a cool patch. What about using that Looney Tunes cartoon chicken Longhorn Leghorn holding a hose? Just idea, but I'm sure that you while come up with something cool.

Stay Safe
    Bull
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
    -WINSTON CHURCHILL

Forum Member

If I could find a picture that wouldn't be barked at for copyright infringement? That'd be awesome.

Alas, I'm still struggling on templates. Trying to free-hand it in MSPaint just ain't quite cuttin' it, so I'm shopping around online to try and find some templates...

MembersZone Subscriber

If you've got a company that you're looking at to do the patches, you might be able to just send them some ideas. It seems like there's several that have graphics artists on the payroll and will design your patch with just a rough sketch or a good discription/pictures.

Forum Member

If you've got a company that you're looking at to do the patches, you might be able to just send them some ideas. It seems like there's several that have graphics artists on the payroll and will design your patch with just a rough sketch or a good discription/pictures.
    That's the problem. This is just kind of a side project I'm doing and I haven't really talked to anyone at the department about yet. I was thinking about tossing the idea out at our next meeting, and maybe see if there was someone there who may be talented enough, but I figured I may need to think of something to show folks in order to get them on-board.

Thread Information