Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 9-11 photos

Default 9-11 photos

With all of the photos of the WTC out there I have not seen but one or two of the respite center for Rescue workers. This oasis within overwhelming carnage was much needed and highly appreciated by everyone who visited it. Does anyone have any photos of the respite center I can add to my scrapbook I am making for my Grandson.

Quote Originally Posted by Firedog4 View Post
    With all of the photos of the WTC out there I have not seen but one or two of the respite center for Rescue workers. This oasis within overwhelming carnage was much needed and highly appreciated by everyone who visited it. Does anyone have any photos of the respite center I can add to my scrapbook I am making for my Grandson.
    If I remember correctly it was off limits to photographers.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Default Thank You FWDbuff

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    If I remember correctly it was off limits to photographers.
    Thank You; I had forgotten that. I do remember some Salvation Army Officers taking some photos so those must have been for training or S. A. internal purposes. I can't even find any photos of the outside of the center where there were no restrictions.
    My secondary reason for finding photos is; along with a scrapbook for my grandson I have a neighbor who has recently become a soldier for the Salvation Army so I also wanted to give her a small example of the fine work they do.

Thank You; I had forgotten that. I do remember some Salvation Army Officers taking some photos so those must have been for training or S. A. internal purposes. I can't even find any photos of the outside of the center where there were no restrictions.
    My secondary reason for finding photos is; along with a scrapbook for my grandson I have a neighbor who has recently become a soldier for the Salvation Army so I also wanted to give her a small example of the fine work they do.
    You probably could find the needle in the haystack before you will find any photos! They are there, but no one is giving them out and in most cases firemen who have them, have them, and those who don't will not get them.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

We had a good group where we stayed, the BBQ caught fire a few times from being run 24/7 and the supply of items like socks and such were unlimited..

Firedog4 your not taking emails and I can't PM you, I might be able to help with some generic photos of the group from the Salvation Army at the Javits Center on 9-11-01.

Peace to our fallen brothers...

9/11/01 NYC WTC

7/4/02 Gloucester City, NJ

-=IACOJ=- The proof is in the crust

......Work hard, play hard, and always have fun along the way......

Thread Information