Thread: Employment?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Employment?

Help a brother out! I am looking to move to TN around the end of August, maybe later. I am looking for preferably full time, I would also be interested in POC opportunities as well. I have EMT-I and 7 years experience, the most recent being in Iraq. If anyone has any links, I would really appreciate it! Thanks in advance!

Forum Member

Default Firefighter Position

Quote Originally Posted by fire78n88 View Post
    Help a brother out! I am looking to move to TN around the end of August, maybe later. I am looking for preferably full time, I would also be interested in POC opportunities as well. I have EMT-I and 7 years experience, the most recent being in Iraq. If anyone has any links, I would really appreciate it! Thanks in advance!

First off Good Luck in your search. As you are probably aware, Public Service Jobs are few and far between. My best advise for you would be to pick a few cities or communities out that you would like to live. Then contact that City's HR or Civil Service and ask questions about when their next testing will be. I know that City of Knoxville opens the Fire Test every year in April. This is the Best Info I can give. Pick any City where you think you would like to live and work, and go for it. Again Good Luck.

CM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks for the info. I have been looking in the Chattanooga area as well asJohnson City. How's the outlook in this area?

MembersZone Subscriber

I just down in the chattanooga area. the jobs are there especially if you have the experience. try bradley county ems, or south eastern ems as well. depending on where you want to move is just a matter of askin around down there. I would have gotten a job down there but unfortunately I didn't have emt-IV. But since you have EMT-I you should be ok. I will say they more so lookin for paramedics as they hurting for them. but that's not to say they won't hire you other wise.
    "Courage is the resistance to fear, the mastery of fear, not the lack of fear." Mark Twain
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." Uknown

Forum Member

There are several career departments up here in east TN. Knoxville, Greeneville, Morristown, Kingsport, Johnson City, Bristol, Erwin....
    I know that at Kingsport, there should be atleast 8-10 hired next year due to station 8 and also a couple of retirees. Not sure about the other places.
    EW
    Stay low brother!

Forum Member

Default Nashville

If you are interested in the middle TN area, there are some private ambulance services there. I worked for the largest one called First Call. It is a pretty good place to work. They are probably hiring. There is also other satellite stations too. One being in Memphis. If you want 911, there is Metro Nashville Fire too. Hope this helps. Mary DeLong medemt2003@yahoo.com

Thread Information