MembersZone Subscriber

Default Railroad Emergenices powerpoints needed

I am looking for any info or powerpoints on locomotive or rail car emergencies, like different types of tank cars. Send to dubree.douglas@rigov.org

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Batt1RIFD View Post
    I am looking for any info or powerpoints on locomotive or rail car emergencies, like different types of tank cars. Send to dubree.douglas@rigov.org
    Try CSX railroad's web site they have a locomotive emergency DVD that they will send you free as well as a whole lesson plan, training program and tests.

Forum Member

If you are really nice they will send a representative out with books, videos and such and present a really informative class. My company went through the training yesterday and it was really good.

Just make sure you contact the rail line that operates through your jurisdiction though.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jfTL41 View Post
    Try CSX railroad's web site they have a locomotive emergency DVD that they will send you free as well as a whole lesson plan, training program and tests.
    Thanks for the heads up. I checked their web site and they are sending DVDs and teaching materials, should be in today. We've had a fatal and an engine fire so we are open to any help that they can provide.
    Ed

Forum Member

Our railroad does a two part class. One classroom and one hands on.

Forum Member

You should contact your local railroad. They'll have the ability to tailor what you learn to where they operate, what they haul, their equipment, how their communications work, etc. Don't rely on just CSX's materials.

You need to work with your local railroad.

If you're looking for someone in the fire service that is also a professional railroader, send me a PM. I'm willing to travel
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Res343cue View Post
    You should contact your local railroad. They'll have the ability to tailor what you learn to where they operate, what they haul, their equipment, how their communications work, etc. Don't rely on just CSX's materials.

You need to work with your local railroad.

If you're looking for someone in the fire service that is also a professional railroader, send me a PM. I'm willing to travel
    I agree start with your local railroad first... I know Union Pacific has tons of info... The class we had last year they brought out a trailer with all types of valves that are in use on tank cars along with a real tank car and a locomotive that went and trained on for two days... The tank car also had fitting so that water/smoke machine could be used to make leaks at different valves...

Jason

Forum Member

KCS has an excellent program that they teach to fire departments. If one of their lines run through your district, I am sure they would present it in your area.

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    I've never even seen a real train, but one time at summer camp...
    All kidding aside Canadian Pacific Railway has a terrific training program they present. Perhaps if you contact them with your specific needs they will be able to assist you.

Thread Information