Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Johnny & Roy with the Hurst Tool

I have been searching for a video clip for sometime now with no luck. I sure someone here has seen it and can point me in the right direction.

10 or more years ago I remember seeing a video (or outtake) of Emergency where Johnny or Roy was performing an extrication in a rollover. If I remember correctly they were cutting the steering column using a Hurst Tool with the first generation scissors type cutter attachment. Upon completing the cut the steering wheel launched forward hitting the ďpatientĒ in the head or face. As the story goes; in real life it knocked him unconscious.
    If youíve never seen it before itís both funny cringe as well as educational.

I would like it to download and incorporate into a PowerPoint presentation. Any help would be appreciated

Default Emergency!

Have you tried this link? It has all the seasons and episodes. I'm not sure how to save onto your computer, but it should be here.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068067/episodes

Even if it's not here, it'll be fun watching!

Forum Member

Season 2, Episode 18: Seance
    Original Air Dateó24 February 1973
    A woman keeps calling the Squad because she's convinced the bad things that happen to her husband are the result of her recently deceased sister. A youth suffering side effects from tranquilizers is treated in the ER. The paramedics rescue a man pinned under a stack of heavy cartons and a driver trapped underwater in his car.

They use the Hurst tool underwater.

Here it is:

Season 4 Episode 10: The Camera Bug

The whole episode on Hulu.com: It's during the final segment.
    http://www.hulu.com/watch/59772/emer...the-camera-bug
    I can't believe they actually pay me to do this!!!

One friend noted yesterday that a fire officer only carries a flashlight, sometimes prompting grumbling from firefighters who have to lug tools and hoses.
    "The old saying is you never know how heavy that flashlight can become," the friend said.
    -from a tragic story posted on firefighterclosecalls.com

Quote Originally Posted by IronsMan53 View Post
    Here it is:

Season 4 Episode 10: The Camera Bug

The whole episode on Hulu.com: It's during the final segment.
    http://www.hulu.com/watch/59772/emer...the-camera-bug
    Yep thatís it, Thanks Irons.
    Now anyone have an idea how to extract a portion of the video?

The episode is right quite dorkey; the segment starts at about 43 minute in with a man pinned in the cab, the trucks on fire with a cargo of dynamite and the crew is ordered to pull a booster line

I love the look on Royís face as the steering column is cut and the wheel hits the poor guy in the face. Itís my understanding that it was not in the scrip and it did knock him unconscious.

We had the scissor cutter attachment back in the day and if it was not bad enough that the damm thing was heavy, around 90 lbs (with the cutters attachmented) but they would launch the end of the part cut if not supported.

That's crazy!

If anyone can confirm that story, that's something.

Sure looked like a solid whack to the temple!
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by confire View Post
    Yep thatís it, Thanks Irons.
    Now anyone have an idea how to extract a portion of the video?

The episode is right quite dorkey; the segment starts at about 43 minute in with a man pinned in the cab, the trucks on fire with a cargo of dynamite and the crew is ordered to pull a booster line

I love the look on Royís face as the steering column is cut and the wheel hits the poor guy in the face. Itís my understanding that it was not in the scrip and it did knock him unconscious.

We had the scissor cutter attachment back in the day and if it was not bad enough that the damm thing was heavy, around 90 lbs (with the cutters attachmented) but they would launch the end of the part cut if not supported.
    If you use Firefox, there is a plugin called Download Helper that can capture streaming video. You might give that a try

Thread Information