Thread: Haix Boots?

Forum Member

Default Haix Boots?

I am currently taking my FF 1 and I have just recently got issued a pair of thorogood hell fires. I have not really used them yet but I have been thinking about getting the Haix fire flash boots. I know some people might say why your only in training. I don't have a problem forking over the money for something quality especially when its feet related and they are able to be completely resoled and conditioned. So my question to the people who have worn the fire flash how do you like them and how was the sizing? Did you get fitted by a rep or did you order off a website? My thorogoods are a size 10 medium. My normal gym shoes are 10 1/2 some 11. So if you have the same size gym shoe as me (10 1/2) or a rubber boot size 10 medium what did you order for your Haix fire flash and how they fit?

Also what is it like donning Zipper boots?

Thanks in advance,
    Eric

Forum Member

I'd go to a local vendor instead of trying to order something like this online and hope it fits.

I've heard a lot of good comments about Haix but haven't worn them myself.
    "...When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, Nor will the flame burn you." Isaiah 43:2

Forum Member

Thanks for the reply.

MembersZone Subscriber

I was issued and still wear a pair of Haix. Sorry, I don't remember the model.

I would go get fitted. I also have a pair of Hiax station boots. The fire boots fit pretty normal but the stations boots are a lot different. Better safe than sorry.

Anyway, I love them. Best fire boots I have had in ten years.

Forum Member

Are the boots easy to don?

Forum Member

I made a mistake buying the leather Haix Fire Hunters. I can only imagine the rest of there line is junk as well.

They fit awful and are hard to get off.

Forum Member

Bought a set of Fire Hunter factory seconds when my Pro Warrington 5000's gave up the ghost. The Haix are comfortable, easy to don and doff, and fit well. Haix will definitely be on my short list when considering a new pair.

Forum Member

Thanks for the input more are welcome.

Forum Member

For anyone who gives a who I decided to go with the Haix Fighter US boots. I went on the Haix website and picked these up for 120.00 dollars which is about a 100.00 dollar savings. These were the "second" factory boots which means that there is some sort of cosmetic flaw to them no structural flaws. Upon opening and looking around I could not notice anything that was wrong. No scuffs, no miss coloring, who knows one of the reps said it can be something very minor as to what color stitching was used.

For anyone that is thinking about sizing I had to get what was offered. These typically run a 1/2 size big from what I heard. I wear a gym shoe size 10 1/2 and these boots are the same size. They are about a 1/2 bigger but cant really feel the difference. Wear them with a thick pair of cotton socks and you're golden.

When I first put them on I was amazed. I have been wearing them for the past half hour and they feel GREAT. I guess with a slight bigger fit there was no "breaking in" they bend, flex, tighten, slip, zip, everything wonderfully.

I was looking for a structural firefighting boots but I decided for now I'll get a boot that is good for everything else and when I get on a department after I finish this degree up I'll invest in some Haix structural firefighting boot.

Thats my 2 cents if anyone has questions feel free to ask away.

Thanks,
    Eric

Forum Member

Hi Elimper! Thanks for the comment, in the "equipment board" i started a thread about new fire fighting boots

Fire Hunter Xtreme (Factory Seconds) only $189
    http://www.haix-bootstore.com/factor...-hunter-xtreme

and here: http://www.haix-bootstore.com/ labor day special (10% discount on each order)

i think i will order them. and write a review!

I have the FireHunter Xtremes. Great boots. At first the right boot was hard for me to get off, you just need to break them in a bit and that issue will go away. Very comfortable no issues!

I have the FireHunter Xtremes. Very comfortable boots. At first I had trouble getting my right boot off, however after a short break in period the boots fit amazing. You just have to wait for the break in period. Most comfortable boot I've tried on. I have had them for about 6 months and no issues to report at this time.

Thread Information