+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... Last
    Forum Member

Default POLL: LaFireIdiot....Should he resign from the forums?

I don't know about everyone else, but I am so sick and tired of Bobby's bull$hit. However, that's not what concerns me the most. I truly weep at the thought that there could be younger members on the forums here, or perhaps an unknown number of unregistered "lurkers" who read his drivel, and may be being influenced by it.

That being said, his attitude and his actions do not reflect the ideologies and moral obligations (as Firefighters) that the rest of us on here hold so truly to our hearts and souls. One Ideology that I myself preach lies within my signature: "Loyalty above all else, except honor." You remain loyal to those you have sworn to serve and protect. To run away in cowardice is anything but being loyal and certainly has no honor. I firmly believe him to be a cancer in the Fire Service, that needs to be surgically removed. While I would love nothing more than to see him removed from his position within his organization, I can not do that.

I am solidly convinced that the vast majority of the members here would like to see him go away. This is not, in any way an attempt to silence his right to freedom of speech. This is merely a poll, being taken, to make him understand that we do not like what he has to say, and respectfully request that he voluntarily resign from firehouse.com forums. You want to talk numbers Bobby? Ok, here they are.

1. Yes, I believe he should pack it up and voluntarily resign as a member here. His preachings are laughable at best, and deserve no further attention. Bob, save what little is left of your dignity and delete your account.

2. No, I think he should stay. His preachings are a litmus test for "What not to do."
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

OK can't figure out how to post a poll.....

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Thumbs down I Vote No..............

I respectfully disagree........... And here's why:

America is composed of Differing Opinions. There is an opinion out there for everything, and from everybody. I don't side with those who are overly zealous on Safety, nor do I side with the Cowboys who would do interior without gear.

If we ask someone to step out of here, permanently, and they do, Who is next?? You?? Me?? I really think this is a road we shouldn't be traveling.

Do I get tired of the BS? Of Course I do, like the rest of you. But I just tune it out and get on with life.

Y'all Stay Safe, I'm going Fishing..........
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hwoods View Post

America is composed of Differing Opinions. There is an opinion out there for everything, and from everybody. I don't side with those who are overly zealous on Safety, nor do I side with the Cowboys who would do interior without gear.

If we ask someone to step out of here, permanently, and they do, Who is next?? You?? Me?? I really think this is a road we shouldn't be traveling.

Do I get tired of the BS? Of Course I do, like the rest of you. But I just tune it out and get on with life.

Well said. Just ignore those who annoy you.
    FF/Paramedic

MembersZone Subscriber

Sorry FWDBuff, I have to disagree. I do not like LA Fireducators posts for the most part, but I cannot abide muzzling of free speech. I realize that this is a private site and the administrators can do as they wish, but I think free speech should be just that. There are some tenets written into your law as well as ours, but stupidity and ignorance are not mentioned. I cannot see anyone coming into a FF career being led astray by his commentsas there are far too many posts showing up his erroneous statements for anyone to give him much credibility.

MembersZone Subscriber

Post a pic of the big one Harve

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BryanLoader View Post
    Post a pic of the big one Harve
    The fish, not the....you know.....never mind
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Forum Member

Sorry FWDBuff, I have to disagree. I do not like LA Fireducators posts for the most part, but I cannot abide muzzling of free speech. I realize that this is a private site and the administrators can do as they wish, but I think free speech should be just that. There are some tenets written into your law as well as ours, but stupidity and ignorance are not mentioned. I cannot see anyone coming into a FF career being led astray by his commentsas there are far too many posts showing up his erroneous statements for anyone to give him much credibility.
    As I posted, I am not trying to muzzle his freedom of speech, I am merely trying to make him understand that I feel the majority of us on here do not appreciate his drivel and that some of us even fear he could be having unwanted and un-needed influence on the unsuspecting and inexperienced. Just a "hey, we dont like you, why dont you just go away" kind of thing.

Forum Member

I concede, the Senior Man does make a good point. I'll leave this up though just to see what else everyone may want to say.

MembersZone Subscriber

I disapprove of what he says, but I will defend to the death his right to say it

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    As I posted, I am not trying to muzzle his freedom of speech, I am merely trying to make him understand that I feel the majority of us on here do not appreciate his drivel and that some of us even fear he could be having unwanted and un-needed influence on the unsuspecting and inexperienced. Just a "hey, we dont like you, why dont you just go away" kind of thing.
    Point taken FWDbuff, probably its better to do as George sugessts and just put him on ignore. I doubt anyone with the boots to pursue this career will believe or follow anything LA is advocating

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TNFF319 View Post
    Well said. Just ignore those who annoy you.
    I I wouldn't ignore, that constitutes ignorance. I can choose to not respond, disagree, or laugh it off. But to ignore all available inputs is dangerous.

Next, I don't think they need to set the dangerous precedent of banning someone for speaking their mind. It is important to know how people think and feel. Might be a minority opinion, but it still holds some value

Banned

Point taken FWDbuff, probably its better to do as George sugessts and just put him on ignore. I doubt anyone with the boots to pursue this career will believe or follow anything LA is advocating
    Like I have always said, ignore is part of ignorance. Using the ignore button only makes you ignorant to what is being said.

Forum Member
    A Great place USA, which means not West Coast...!

I try to ignore most of the utter bull**** that pores out of his mouth in every post he makes, but sometimes it is hard. I feel the frustration that FWD and many other members on here feel. I would have to say yes, so FWD you have my vote. That is part of what I feel, the other part of me wants him to stay because I would miss the huge chuckles I get every time I read his immoral worthless garbage.
    FDNY 343 9/11/01 WILL Never Forget!

(W-6)

"We Lucky Few We Band of Brothers." William Shakespeare

"let no man's ghost return to say his training let him down. "

D-P-T

Forum Member

Question

Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    I I wouldn't ignore, that constitutes ignorance. I can choose to not respond, disagree, or laugh it off. But to ignore all available inputs is dangerous.

Next, I don't think they need to set the dangerous precedent of banning someone for speaking their mind. It is important to know how people think and feel. Might be a minority opinion, but it still holds some value
    Yeah we all want to hear what people have to say, that is the point of this site. But we do not want to hear someone bash LODDs, and trying to prove how much the LODD actually f**cked up. That is one thing I can just not ignore, if you can more power to you bro.
    Last edited by TruckSixFF; 07-21-2009 at 12:19 PM.

(W-6)

D-P-T

Forum Member

Yeah we all want to hear what people have to say, that is the point of this site. But we do not want to hear someone bash LODDs, and trying to prove how much the LODD actually f**cked up. That is one thing I can just not ignore, if you can more power to you bro.

So, in other words, you beleive that it is wrong to look at an LODD and call a spad a spad if the firefighters actions caused his own death?

So, we can never lay blame on the firefighter for the actions that caused the fatality?

Awfully tough to learn from them if we are probibited from identifying the specific cause of the fatality.

MembersZone Subscriber

Who is next?? You?? Me??
    Probably me.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post

So, in other words, you beleive that it is wrong to look at an LODD and call a spad a spad if the firefighters actions caused his own death?

So, we can never lay blame on the firefighter for the actions that caused the fatality?

Awfully tough to learn from them if we are probibited from identifying the specific cause of the fatality.

Well yes but not in the manner that you go about doing so. Listen buddy no one F**cking wants to hear your BS anymore, you provide nothing vital to this site except pure humor. You are a disgrace to the fire service and the community you serve***.

(W-6)

D-P-T

Forum Member

I am solidly convinced that the vast majority of the members here would like to see him go away.
    Guess I am in the "minority" as I see no reason for him to stop posting.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

TruckSix ..

And maybe I'm tired of listening to your chest beating "we are firefighters" drivel.

It's obvious you don't give a damn about reducing LODDs and you fully accept the way the fire service does business as acceptable.

I don't. The world is changing and we need to change with it. What we do is not the same job as we did 20 years ago, yet we continue operating as we did 20 years ago. It's amazing that most other professions such as LE and the military evolve with the times but the fire service fails to.

Entering buildings we have no business operating in. Fighting fires where we are not going to change the outcome. Ruuning apparatus 15 or 20 MPH over the roads and blowing lights or stop signs like somehow we own the roads. Protecting traditions that are outdated and need to be tossed. Keep beleiveing that. And we'll keep burying firefighters and the same rate we have been for the last 40 years as fires decrease.

Sorry, that's not acceptable.

And there is a new wave comming that understands that.
    Last edited by LaFireEducator; 07-21-2009 at 12:49 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Just for the record, I never advocated for him to be bounced off of here or to stop posting. I advocated for all intelligent people to ignore him so he gets bored and goes away on his own.

To read his posts because we need "all inputs" is stupid. It has been proven over and over again that he is grossly misinformed, cowardly and dangerous. There is no need to listen to that crap.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

MembersZone Subscriber

Instead of being worried that young guys follow lafire, i think it'd be a little more wise to worry about young guys constantly having to read firefighters insult and attack other firefighters. Not every firefighter is the same and will view things differently, but it's not fair to them to have to wade through all the bull**** spewed on both sides to get any information.

MembersZone Subscriber

I just put him on ignore. I'm for letting him speak and the rest of you can decide for yourself.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    TruckSix ..

And maybe I'm tired of listening to your chest beating "we are firefighters" drivel.

It's obvious you don't give a damn about reducing LODDs and you fully accept the way the fire service does business as acceptable.

I don't. The world is changing and we need to change with it. What we do is not the same job as we did 20 years ago, yet we continue operating as we did 20 years ago. It's amazing that most other professions such as LE and the military evolve with the times but the fire service fails to.

Entering buildings we have no business operating in. Fighting fires where we are not going to change the outcome. Ruuning apparatus 15 or 20 MPH over the roads and blowing lights or stop signs like somehow we own the roads. Protecting traditions that are outdated and need to be tossed. Keep beleiveing that. And we'll keep burying firefighters and the same rate we have been for the last 40 years as fires decrease.

Sorry, that's not acceptable.

And there is a new wave comming that understands that.
    I respect your right to post anything you want on here, so I would never advocate any member being removed by "The Man". With that said, here is me exercising my right to post my opinions on here:

Your cowardice attitude has no place in the fire service. I am glad that my family and property are not relied on by you. You are a disservice to the fire service and all who have gone before.

Forum Member

Already decided.These two represent NOTHING I know of as far a proper firefighting.It would appear neither LA NOR Strawbrains has any concept of sizeup and GO/No go. I've YET to see one meaningful piece of information or a good idea come from either one.I won't vote to ban 'em but I'll take every opportunity to challenge their ignorance. While I agree with George,I won't use the ignore feature for just the reasons above.If 98% of the populace was telling me I was wrong I'd revisit my thinking.But not these two,they wouldn't figure it oout if you installed the idea with a club. T.C.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... Last

Thread Information