Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. #1
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    50

    Default Dang, Where is the Fire Prevention Announcements?

    Anyone out there hearing when they are going to start flowing? Seems to be dragging on.

  2. #2
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pinecroft, PA.
    Posts
    87

    Default

    I have not and I am getting Really tired of waiting!

  3. #3
    MembersZone Subscriber
    LVFD301's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,995

    Default

    Heck, I can wait. No big deal, it will get here when it gets here.

    I have had my project in mind for 6 years - I finally put in for it, another month
    ain't going to kill me.

  4. #4
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Becuase of the time line attached to the station grants all hands were moved to speed that process along, FP&S should follow or be released at the same time, or so I am told by a member of the steakholders group???

  5. #5
    MembersZone Subscriber
    LVFD301's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,995

    Default

    Steakholders group?

  6. #6
    FH Mag/.com Contributor

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Cypress, TX
    Posts
    7,288

    Default

    It's being run by people that don't eat meat now. You know, veterinarians.

  7. #7
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pinecroft, PA.
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Exactly what time will that be?

    Quote Originally Posted by spegram View Post
    Becuase of the time line attached to the station grants all hands were moved to speed that process along, FP&S should follow or be released at the same time, or so I am told by a member of the steakholders group???

  8. #8
    FH Mag/.com Contributor

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Cypress, TX
    Posts
    7,288

    Default

    FSC is being reviewed this week, 3-4 of tech review by DHS, then announcements starting in late August/early September.

  9. #9
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Posts
    24

    Default

    I'm just hoping the announcements will be made by late August. We are going to FRI in Dallas and hope we can get some show specials on some of the things we are purchasing with this grant.

  10. #10
    FH Mag/.com Contributor

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Cypress, TX
    Posts
    7,288

    Default

    Plenty of stuff there too, I went in 2003 and 2006 and there are show specials on all sorts of FP related stuff since FP week isn't far off.

    We should get a forum meeting going at FRI, they want the bike up there on display in the Pierce booth to help announce the next contest so I'll be wandering up that way for most of the show when I'm not sight seeing with the family. Anyone else going?

  11. #11
    MembersZone Subscriber
    LVFD301's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,995

    Default

    Maybe.... Can I take the bike for a spin?

  12. #12
    FH Mag/.com Contributor

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Cypress, TX
    Posts
    7,288

    Default

    If by spin you mean walk around it without touching it and drool, then sure.

  13. #13
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BC79er View Post
    It's being run by people that don't eat meat now. You know, veterinarians.
    Oh my, you have too much time on your hands, go for a ride!
    Jonathan

  14. #14
    FH Mag/.com Contributor

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Cypress, TX
    Posts
    7,288

    Default

    Not that much time, that was out of a Wendy's commercial.

    And I did go for a ride, first one since I rode it home 2 weeks ago. Dealer kind of forgot about that little pesky state inspection thing when I picked it up so had that done along with getting the permanent license plate. Might have to make a change there and turn it into a FF plate. Forgot how much wind the body catches doing 70, especially with the extra lbs hanging on. Need to hit the gym more than ride before I become the next cardiac statistic....

  15. #15
    Forum Member
    jhl81791123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Waterford, MI
    Posts
    155

    Default

    We got our award notice yesterday! $4800 for knox box master key security.

  16. #16
    MembersZone Subscriber
    ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jhl81791123 View Post
    We got our award notice yesterday! $4800 for knox box master key security.
    Congratulations John, whta is that now 4 i less thna 2 years? I knwo your Chief is doing the Happy Dance and I am sure your job security level is going up daily! LOL

    I see Erin at S Lyons got in the round as well.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  17. #17
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pinecroft, PA.
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Will there be anymore awards or we all out of luck???

  18. #18
    MembersZone Subscriber
    ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fightin23rd View Post
    Will there be anymore awards or we all out of luck???
    SHoudl be a few more rounds. I think they gave out 16M in last round and I believe there is 25M for the program.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  19. #19
    Forum Member
    SLY4420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,982

    Default

    $35M for FP&S.

  20. #20
    MembersZone Subscriber
    ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SLY4420 View Post
    $35M for FP&S.
    Thaks Sly, well that means another big round at least for sure.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  21. #21
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Not sure how they have done some awards but apparently peer review isnt done?

    I got this e-mail yesterday asking for people to do additional peer review for FP&S grants in October.

    currently seeking members to volunteer to serve on the peer review panel for the Fire Prevention & Safety Grants. Volunteer evaluators should plan on arriving the day before the evaluation period and returning home the afternoon of the final day of the evaluation period. The AFG program will cover travel costs such as transportation, food and lodging. Ground transportation will also be provided between the airport and NETC. Panelists will be contacted to discuss the necessary travel arrangements and reimbursement. No salary or compensation other than travel expenses will be provided for volunteers. Please be aware that grant management procedures prohibit interchanging evaluators during any given week, so volunteers will be scheduled for a full week. Evaluation sessions are scheduled for October 26-30 (Evaluation Group 1) and November 2-6 (Evaluation Group 2). Volunteers are asked to indicate which week they are requesting to attend.

  22. #22
    MembersZone Subscriber
    ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spegram View Post
    Not sure how they have done some awards but apparently peer review isnt done?

    I got this e-mail yesterday asking for people to do additional peer review for FP&S grants in October.

    currently seeking members to volunteer to serve on the peer review panel for the Fire Prevention & Safety Grants. Volunteer evaluators should plan on arriving the day before the evaluation period and returning home the afternoon of the final day of the evaluation period. The AFG program will cover travel costs such as transportation, food and lodging. Ground transportation will also be provided between the airport and NETC. Panelists will be contacted to discuss the necessary travel arrangements and reimbursement. No salary or compensation other than travel expenses will be provided for volunteers. Please be aware that grant management procedures prohibit interchanging evaluators during any given week, so volunteers will be scheduled for a full week. Evaluation sessions are scheduled for October 26-30 (Evaluation Group 1) and November 2-6 (Evaluation Group 2). Volunteers are asked to indicate which week they are requesting to attend.
    I don't know, that appears to me to be indicative of the next new FP&S grant period which means it would open for applications in Mid-September.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  23. #23
    FH Mag/.com Contributor

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Cypress, TX
    Posts
    7,288

    Default

    That means either SAFER will be at the same time or after FP&S since there's been no signs of that yet.

  24. #24
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    22

    Question dang has anyone heard about the DJ's fore FP&S

    Has anyone heard when or an approximate date for the DJ's to come out for fire prevention and safety? I am hoping to hear something so i can figure out if i should rewrite this one and reapply or request funding for something else.
    Last edited by ducky1710; 08-17-2009 at 11:09 AM.

  25. #25
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ducky1710 View Post
    Has anyone heard when or an approximate date for the DJ's to come out for fire prevention and safety? I am hoping to hear somthing so i can figure out if i should rewrite this one and reapply or request funding for something else.
    In the past, the computer DJ's have come out after 3-4 rounds of awards have been made.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. About Dang Time!
    By MalahatTwo7 in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-05-2009, 12:54 AM
  2. Dang It Sheri
    By MalahatTwo7 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-24-2008, 07:59 AM
  3. Dang!
    By MalahatTwo7 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 01:23 PM
  4. Announcements
    By onebugle in forum Federal FIRE ACT Grants & Funding
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-15-2005, 03:10 PM
  5. Fed Funding...About Dang Time
    By apatrol in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-02-2001, 01:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register