Default 1934 Pirsch Firetruck

Hello Firefighters,

I am not a Firefighter, but I am a career army service member and a EMT (though expired at present) I am a UAV Warrant Officer with the 1st SF Group at FT Lewis WA. One of my hobbies is collecting military vehicles, while on a MV related website I found a interesting stories posted by a friend of mine in Columbus, GA:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/convers...frietruck.html

"This is sorta MV related because the vehicle was reportededly used on Fort Benning, Georgia waaayyy back when for a period of time.
    It is a 1934 Pirsch and is in very good condition...not running though.

This Unit belongs to a group of Firefighters here in Columbus, Georgia who bought it with the intent of restoring it and starting a "mini" firefighters museum. Lack of private funds etc. has not let that happen. They were told it had to leave the fire station and it was outside under a tarp for several months. Then they were offered a storage shed to put it in where I'm sure it would have met a tragic fate.

I coordinated with the folks who actually own her and offered to store it inside at my place where we can get her running, stopping etc. I feel confident that we can.
    In return..we get to use her at our displays and parades...manned by retired or active firefighters."

With Regards,
    Dale

Forum Member

Default 1934 Pirsch Fire Truck

Quote Originally Posted by ABN173rd View Post
    In return..we get to use her at our displays and parades...manned by retired or active firefighters."
    Displays and parades? Heck we still have (2) 30 model Pirsch trailers as first out trucks and a bunch used for reserves.

Picture taken today:

Last edited by MemphisE34a; 07-27-2009 at 06:01 PM.
    RK
    cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MemphisE34a View Post
    Displays and parades? Heck we still have (2) 30 model Pirsch trailers as first out trucks and a bunch used for reserves.

Picture taken today:

And this baby is still better than the new stuff and you can take a TDA places where rear mounts can't go!!
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    And this baby is still better than the new stuff and you can take a TDA places where rear mounts can't go!!
    Most of the trucks built 20+ years ago would outdrive, outpump, out steer, and outmaneuver the pieces of crap built today.

Funny topic....I was just hinking about the old Maxims we used to have here in the NorthEast about an hour or two ago. Man those things could run and pump all day long and ask for more. Same for the old Crown's, Mack CFs, OLD Seagraves, and Pirsches..............Of course since the yellow and green ones weren't ripe yet they were not quite as effective.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Thread Information