Default really need help...

Hey everybody I'm new to the site. So im a noob Lol. Well i found this awesome site and i wanted to ask a question. I'm not a firefighter just yet there is only one thing stopping me from that.

That thing is the funds to get my EMT and standards. I've tried to look around for info but i cant seem to find anything at all. I wanted to know if there was anybody who has info on sponsorships, grants etc. im in Central Florida the Orlando area.

Can anybody help find information or anything that you guys may have tried to get the funds as well, i would greatly appreciate that.

Thanks.

Forum Member

I am not sure how things work in the state of Florida, but in PA, all you would need to do is join one of the local volunteer departments and begin training through the department. I am speaking for our department, but if a member is willing to train and get certifications, we are more than willing to cover the costs associated with it. Most of this training is done at the local level with state certified instructors at no cost to the departments as long as there is enough members to hold the class. So usually we only pay the cost of the certification tests. Good luck and I hope your interest in becoming a firefighter lasts a long time.

Kelly

Good to know, thanks im going to look into that. I really appreciate that i'll try to be back and let you know. thanks a bunch.

MembersZone Subscriber

I could have sworn I replied to this.

If you are pursuing a Fire Science degree, your school can tell you about Pell grants and the like that are available to you.

Thread Information