Van Fire Captured on Video
Van catches fire on I-15
July 25th, 2009 @ 8:41pm
SALT LAKE CITY -- Two campers say they're lucky to be alive after their van caught fire on the freeway Saturday evening.
The men were headed northbound on Interstate 15 near 2100 South just before 7:30, when one of them smelled gasoline, and the van died.
That's when the men noticed the fire. "Right there, at my feet, flames just came up and so I just grabbed the cooler and threw the cooler of ice on it," said passenger Colt World.
The ice, however, did little to smother the flames and within 15 seconds the van was engulfed.
Both got out safely, and were just a little shaken up by the ordeal. No word yet on what started the fire.
Vdieo of Fire: