MembersZone Subscriber

Default Allied Barton in Northwest Indiana

just for those of you who want any information on this place let me know. Don't consider working for this company at all. They have the worst management and have no actual fire experience(only online certifications) and they are primarily security oriented. So try and have a fire brigade ran by security people and use your imagination on how it's run. they will hold you over for a double shift because they have fired so many people with all the experience that place is just a ticking time bomb for someone to be injured or killed. If you tell them you cant work a double(mandatory shift) because you have other plans you are fired. Any further information requested let me know. If you know of anyone that is interested or has applied tell them to not even waste their time and don't take the job.

Firedawg1983 if you want to PM me

MembersZone Subscriber

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by futbolista1965; 07-30-2009 at 05:34 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default No Training Required!

[I've worked a couple paramedic shifts out there. Not only is it an unsafe company, the managment of the steel company that contracts them... puts up with it! The steel company has so called safety representatives who don't hold the current fire/security contractor accountable. They are complacent to the lack of training "their" fire brigade recieves. The steel industry has had many deaths recently in Northwest Indiana...all resulting in complacency, lack of training, and lack of accountablity!

The blame falls on the leadership representing fire and security on the client side. IT SEEMS THEIR LACK OF TRAINING IS WILLFULL.

COKE PLANT, BLAST FURNACES, BOFS, HOT ROLLING, COLD ROLLING... EVER HEARD THESE TERMS?... DO YOU KNOW THEIR PROCESSES? HMMM DON"T WORRY... YOU DON"T NEED TO AT THIS PLACE!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

exactly!! Allied Barton is like wow so you are breathing do you know anything about firefighting or security?? NO, really?? That's great YOU'RE HIRED!!! check off one spot to fill in and 13 to go!! They just fired a bunch of people for making copies of security camera footage of one of the captains getting messed up by a cop on plant site. thats pretty retarded. By the way if any of you want a copy let me know and I'll make you one. Then the pickle fest(upper management) like to throw around accusations and all kinds of BS because people that stand up to the stupid BS they try on the hard working guys, they get rid of ASAP. They recently fired most of their senior guys there so now you have maybe two fire guys that know the ins and outs of some of the mill and it's just plain stupid. It's going to get people killed. It's my goal to get Allied Barton out of there and a contract fire company in before it's too late. If they continue this contract I guarantee that there will be injuries and or deaths that could have been prevented by not having this company out there and I will testify to that in court when it happens. As to fire suppression/ems/hazmat you name it whatever kind of training that should be done especially in an industrial setting it's not being done out there at all. Security is a priority! Even then if they try to do any type of training they don't have the equipment and certified personnel to teach the training.

Thread Information